Friday, April 18, 2008

Quaker Notes

Yo, I was awaken at 5:40 am by a violent shaking of my entire abode. I woke up and looked out of the window, thinking I'd see the footprint of a 10,000 foot tall Jesus coming to reap souls. When I saw nothing, I went back to bed. Fuck it. I'll die another day.

The thing about the Midwest is that we supposedly traded safety from earthquakes for massive amounts of snow and cold. Now I see that that trade is bullshit. Fuck getting snow and cold AND earthquakes. Why the fuck do I live here again?

New shit for me to hate. Ready?

Muthafuckas with honorary Ph.Ds insisting on being called "Doctor".
Whiny politicians. Male, female, black or white. You asked for this shit.
Apathy, entitlement and complacency in all its forms.
The fucking earth moving because of something other than great sex.
The Purchasing Department of any municipal entity.
People who act like that big fucking scar on Tina Fey's face doesn't exist.
Rumpelstiltskin.
Two hour drives to civilization.

Peace,
KZ

6 comments:

Bananas said...

Okay, I'm feelin' pretty damn good about myself. For years we were going to slide off into the ocean. Folks ragged Californians to no end.

Well now, y'all are feelin' a little shakey. I figure we now have one up on all you Midwest folks.

The ground shakes, but we don't do tornados in So. Cal.

But Zed, Dude, if this is gonna be a regular thing, make sure you know how to turn of the gas.

Welcome to our world Midwest! Shake you're body down to the ground.

The Maven said...

Z, my parents are in The Chi trippin' over the mere occurence of such a powerful quake. They say they slept through it, but some of the neighbors felt it. It's strange isn't it??? I remember my first one here in LaLa. I could feel and hear the home I was living in, shift on its foundation. I'll still take the blizzard, at least it gives reason to stay inside and cuddle.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

oh gosh no matter the fact that i am a calfornia native those earthquakes always make me nervous.

i'd better check my emergency supplies and canned food..and you better thank you stars this is only the first one!

proacTiff said...

Funny you labeled this "involuntary movement." You've been voluntarily attempting to uproot from that place. Now the Big Guy is sending your ass signs and wonders. No question you are on the right path of escape.

brran1 said...

What's really good Zed. I've been reading your blog for about a month or two now, but I never actually commented. Idk what info you've found out about the earthquake, but here's some that I came across.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/eqinthenews/2008/us2008qza6/

Monie said...

Ahhhhhhhh, fuck! Tina Fey...killed me.