Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fed

This is how you know it's some shit in the game. I was late for work today. I was about an hour late. I have to arrive at work at 8:00 am. I woke up at 4:00 am, it takes me about 30 minutes to get ready, and my drive to work is only about 15 minutes. How was I late? I sat down and watched TV for four hours this morning, trying to make myself get up and go to work. I finally got there at 8:45.

I couldn't figure out what suit to wear, either. I desperately wanted to put on a polo shirt and some khakis. I didn't wanna put on a suit.

I know what it is. This is that same shit that manifests itself everytime I'm done.

I don't have the capacity to care about work anymore. Not that I ever really did, but now it's showing itself in the most visually obvious ways. I'm half-shaving, not really combing my dome, shoes unshined, ties not matching, office in disarray. I'm just fucking here. Until I'm not here.

Basically just breathing.

KZ

4 comments:

Mr.Slish said...

Damn I feel like beeeatch cause it takes me at least 2 hours to get ready for work...I take a dump, read a magazine,Take a shower, shave, iron my clothes, slap my stepson in the back of the head to hurry up...and awaaaaay we go...lol

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Do you think that maybe if you ask real nicely TAD will let you be a house husband?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Aw man! I hate that phase! Been there and done that!

I hope something better comes along for you soon!

Anonymous said...

bad spot to be in...just holding a chair til you can give the two fingaz...I was in that spot five years ago...hated every moment of it. Keep your head up.