Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whoosah!

Ay, yo! How's everybody? I hope you had a good MLK Day. I did, because it included not taking my black ass to work. Of course, everyone else at my job had to work, but I opted out. I think Martin would've wanted it that way.

My attitude towards work isn't as bad as it has been, though. Because I have no pending interviews, no oars in the water, no prospects whatsoever, I don't have an anxious feeling at work anymore. I used to be irritated, like "when are they gonna call me so I can tell my boss 'fuck you'?". Now? Since I'm not waiting for anything, work is just fucking work. And as bad as it gets, it's just something you gotta do. I still think it's just for the time being, but really, who knows?

I take solace in the fact that it's not the actual work. Like most instances, the issue is less the work and more who you have to answer to. I have to answer to not only my boss (fuck that guy), but the community at large (fuck those people). The combination is horrible. If one or the other was worth a fuck, the job wouldn't be so bad. My boss's insistence on sending out 5 staff people to rescue a cat from a tree (not literally, but you get the idea) is frustrating. And the public's insistence on asking for staff in the buildings department to rescue their cat from a tree is frustrating. I can't tell them "no" because it would piss off my boss, and without proper back up from your supervisor you're done. If he made the call that we're not getting involved in shit that our department's not responsible for anymore, the job would work as it should. But he won't cuz he's a chickenshit and when I ask him to do it he wants to talk about his philosophy on governing. Fuck that guy. I hope he chokes on his own vomit in his sleep.

KZ

6 comments:

1969 said...

I came over to wish you a Happy New Year and see what you've been up to. Thank goodness you are still you, as evidenced by this "choke on your own vomit".
Don't EVER change Zed! LOL

Happy New Year.

Knockout Zed said...

Yeah, this is the anti-Facebook. I can let it all hang out, when the need arises. LOL

KZ

Nexgrl said...

Well, I had MLK Day off, but it was an unpaid day off.

Just think, you don't have to stepp around people sleeping outside the staff entrance. Worse even, if you happen to interrupt some using the staff entrance as a restroom.

Blah Blah Blah said...

You gonna have pics of you letting it all hang out?

Knockout Zed said...

@BBB
You first.

KZ

Anonymous said...

First time reading and this had me dying laughing. I have an old supervisor I wish I could have told this to.