Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Socially Unacceptable

The more I pay attention to myself, the weirder I think I am.

I was really craving GOOD coffee this morning, but I didn't feel like making any on my great office one cup machine. I love the machine, but I hate cleaning it afterwards. So I was going on a trek to get coffee. Then I realized the last time I went into the coffee shop down the street, I got caught up in this long conversation with the new owner. It seems this guy was a food service person at this place where the City always holds it's retreats. He served us at that retreat I talked about last month. He remembered me and he was very nice. The coffee is great and we had a nice conversation. That's probably the last time I'll ever go in that coffee shop again.

You see, he fucked up my coffee spot by talking to me beyond what was needed to get me my coffee. I didn't come in there for a nice conversation. I liked the old owner, the muthafucka who served me coffee and took my money, with only a few pleasantries in between. This cat will fuck my mornings up if I go in there. I don't wanna talk to nobody about shit.

So this guy, who remembers faces and who is friendly and kind, has just lost a customer for no good reason. It's just the way it's gotta be. I have to be me.

KZ

7 comments:

onefromphilly said...

Well Dayum!

Nexgrl said...

I guess you'll be cleaning your coffee maker on the regular now.

1969 said...

With your evil azz....LOL

Mr.Slish said...

You are weird...lol...

chele said...

Reminds me of a story:

There's this chicken place not too far from my job. Every now and then I really crave good, fried chicken. One time when I went in there a scruffy geezer behind the counter asked me if I needed hot sauce. I told him I thought I had some in my desk. He says, "I'll give you some anyway just in case. I'd hate for you to get back to your office and not have any hot sauce!" Okay. Every time after that he acted like we had some private hot sauce joke. The last time I visited he saw me coming, rushed out from the back so he could ring up my order. He made a hot sauce joke and I left. When I looked at my receipt I noticed he had given me his employee discount.

I will never go back there again.

Can't a girl get some damn chicken without being hit on?

Minerva Exertion said...

All I have to say is "wow" and "damn"!

ChezNiki said...

I miss New York 'cawfee' so much. Be glad you can get a decent cup somewhere!

Tommorrow's the big day. I dont expect to see you on here for a while. But I DO expect you to send me pics as soon as you get back from the Honeymoon!!!

I wish you and TAD all the best! ENJOY!

Love,
ChezNiki