Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The 556th Post About People Not Like Me, Who I Can't Stand Because Of That Fact

Hey folks, what's good? I'm at work on New Year's Eve and it's a skeleton crew here. There are literally only 7 people in a 50 person office. Most people, myself included, are taking the time to clean up their cluttered offices so that they can come back to a uncluttered New Year. I did that shit in record time, basically by shoving most of the shit into the garbage. If I didn't need it at this juncture, hell, I won't need it. Plus, most of it is me being CC'ed on some FYI shit that the staff sends me to let me know what they're doing. This is the big secret: I don't give a fuck what they're doing, as long as they aren't getting me in trouble by not producing.

The thing is, one of the people that showed up today is my secretary. I was filing the shit I actually needed to keep and she came in and had a hurt look on her face. My first reaction was to ask her "What's the matter?". She said nothing and started to ask me what she came in there to ask me, which was for something to work on.

Now, folks, I know everybody's not like me. I don't pretend to understand y'all. But if my boss was doing something that I was supposed to do, and it was a menial task, I'd welcome that shit. Less garbage shit I have to do. Second, why the fuck on New Years Eve are you asking me for shit to do? Play solitare, surf the internet, knit a gotdamn sweater, go suck your boyfriend's dick for a few hours. What do I care? I don't give a fuck. Stop needing to be gotdamn LED so much. I get paid to lead. Can I get a day off? There's nothing to lead you to do. Nothing. No phone calls, no walk-ins. Nothing.

On Christmas Eve, I let everybody go home at 2:00, mainly because I had to drive to Detroit and I wanted to get a head start. Today, I have no where to be but here, but I was still considering letting them go. She's making me rethink that shit. I mean, what the fuck would she do with the free time? She'd probably ask me "What should I do with the rest of my day?" Fucking idiots.

Peace,
KZ

3 comments:

Mr.Slish said...

Happy New Year bruh....

ChezNiki said...

Cleaning the office on New Years Eve?!?! Must be a MidWest thing. Here on the East Coast, you order food in, have an impromptu office party and try to keep folk from xeroxing their butts! LOL

All the Best in the New Year, KZ. And stop sending those d*mn snow storms to Boston, 'kay?

Peace and Blessings. Tell TAD "Hi."

Blah Blah Blah said...

Telln' business: Mr. and Mrs. Zednanreh are my faebook friends!!!!I've heard this story. About your secretary. Thought you were leaving your job in 2009 and moving to St. Lucia to be a bartendar on the beach and TAD was going to become a massage therapist at one of the hotels...and y'all would take afternoons off and play on the beach before each shift...

Then again...I think that was my dream...that I may have stole from the movie Cocktail with Tom Cruise...

Ok, never mind.

Have a great 2 zero zero nine