Monday, December 17, 2007

The Reason Change Is Bad

On Friday, I went home at noon. This was to wait for a DirecTV installer to come to my house and hook me up. They gave me that typical 4 hour window. So I'm waiting from 12 n - 4 pm. I was upset about it, but I took it, simply because I wanted that bullshit Comcast out of my house for good. So I took some vacation hours and I waited. And waited. And waited.

I had some shit that had to be done at work, some administrative stuff, that if it wasn't done on Friday, it wouldn't be done until the new year. It was time sensitive and couldn't be done at home due to the secure nature accounting software we use. So I needed to get back before 5 pm.

At 3:30 I hadn't heard anything, so I decided to call DirecTV. They put me on hold while they contacted my local installer. My other line clicked with a local number.

"Sir, our installer is running late. He'll be there between 4 pm and 8 pm." "What?" "Our installer is running..."
"Lady, I heard what you said, I just don't get it. If he's been running late, why the fuck didn't y'all call me? I had to call you. And on top of that bullshit, I took 4 hours off work to wait for you muthafuckas. And now you tellin' me he'll be here between 4 and 8? I asked you muthafuckas for a late time so I wouldn't have to take time off work and you told me you didn't do that. Now you tellin' me 4 to 8 is an option. Fuck you. Fuck you, fuck the installer, and fuck DirecTV. If that muthafucka shows up at my door, I'mma punch his ass in the mouth. Take my shit outta the database. I cancel."

I hang up and ask Comcast not to turn off my cable and internet. Now I'm a little bitch, asking Comcast to have mercy on me, all polite and shit.

Soon, I'll give it a shot with the DISH network. I already signed up with AT&T for internet service which will start on Tuesday, so I'm half done with Comcast. After the new year, I'll try to change my TV option again. Fuckin' bastards.

Peace,
KZ

8 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

...I like when you get all mad and shit...it's sexy! You calling muthafuckas...muthafuckas....NICE!

Happy Holidays!

BZ said...

DOH! Tell TAD you need a hug. I hate Comcast, too. I got rid of cable and internet altogether. No need to finance the opportunity for me to be lazy.

1969 said...

Comcast is the devil.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i would take comcast over time warner any day. call comcast and tell them you have two other companies willing to give you the same service for less money and then ask comcast to lower your bill!

I betcha they will..comcast is flexible like that with their shitty service!

Nexgrl said...

I have had Dish for 5 years. I love it. I have the America's Everything package, it beats Comcast with price and channel selection.

Knockout Zed said...

@BBB
I'm sexy anyway. I thought you knew.

@BZ
Dang! You and TAD are martyrs. I can't get rid of one or the other, let alone both.

@Sixy
Headquartered right where you are. Yuck!

@AJ
Comcast didn't say shit when I canceled and told them it was for a lower priced option. They were just like "OK, when do you want us to shut it off?"

Asses.

@Nex
How bad does weather interfere with your picture?

KZ

Nexgrl said...

Weather was a problem during my first year of service. Last year I upgraded to DVR and they made sure each dish was secured extra tight. So far, no more weather problems.

*** Remember, I live in Cali, so my weather problems are never as bad as yours.

Beana said...

my direct tv dude showed up EARLY. I was glad...until his ass put that sunday NFL ticket shit on me talkin bout your husband will love it. I called to have it taken off and the lady said well its on there and now we can't. Once I got ignorant and told her to drive on past and get her shit ... a miracle credit happened on my act.

Bastards!