Monday, December 10, 2007

Vastly Improved

Today I am 37. It's not a milestone or a really significant birthday in any way, shape, or form. Except for one thing: I'm not anxious about aging. Anxiety about the aging process is one of those things I worry about that I can't control, shit I promised I'd stop. But truly, without effort, I'm not stressed about this. My anxiety comes from not achieving enough at my "age milestones".

I got this goal that's gotta happen before I'm 40. I just told the one municipality that could make it happen by next month, Roc.kville Ma.ryland, to fuck off. They handled their business kinda faulty, so I ended up declining the interview.

Outside of my career, everything else is going peachy keen. Just all fulla greatness. TAD was here this weekend and we got together with a bunch of my transplant friends. She got to see the "ok, but not quite cool" vibe that I get from them. She'd met them before, but never for a prolonged amount of time as the one we had on Friday. It's this one dude I used to hang with somewhat, but now I distance myself from, Curly, that causing the most trouble. It's obvious he likes TAD. I mean LIKES LIKE. And he begrudges me for being with her. He's resentful as hell. He's doing flirty shit on the sly thinking I'm not peeping him out or thinking TAD might be feelin' him. I didn't call him on it that night, but Imma call him on it soon. Africans let the suits fool 'em. I will bulldoze that cat.

TAD also made me some cupcakes. Lemon cupcakes. I love lemon cake. And she bought me the thing I've wanted most, a single serve coffee maker for my office!!! Now I can drink the exotic shit without everybody partaking. She's the shit!

My staff has put streamers and balloons in my office. I talk shit about those secretaries, but the sistas from the bunch came through. I'm knee deep in chicken and biscuits! God bless those women!

I think I'll be ok this birthday.

Peace,
KZ

23 comments:

1969 said...

Let me be the internet first to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you Zed.

Lemon cupcakes and the coffee maker? That TAD is a keeper (but you already know that).

As for your boy Curly....ignore that fool. Nobody wants his azz.LOL

Blah Blah Blah said...

heeheehee

I am on the phone with you riiiight noooow!

TAD is the shit...she know her big ol' baby hates to share...budda...pass me a biscuit.

bye

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
Thank you!

Lemon cupcakes are the ish! Now, I gotta get some supreme coffee for the coffee maker to make these suckas jealous.

Thanks for the Curly comment. The more I think about it, the angrier I get.

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

@BBB
Yes, you are. Silly!

How you know I hate to share?

KZ

BZ said...

awwwh HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad TAD came through like a champ and the sistas from your office, too.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Happy Born Day Black Man!

I'll save all the mushy gushy stuff and just say that I got you get your share of what you deserve this year and always...

and be nice to Flat Randy that's my gift to you!

proacTiff said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA! That's all I got, unless you read it with the Stevie Wonder overture as intended. Damn! Curly (but he gets NO more times to "think" he's getting away with shit), Roc.kville and them crab cakes I requested (although any seafood with the term "rock" as in rock shrimp would be the shit --big, meaty, tasty, filling)... Now I'm hungry. Pass me a piece o' dat bird.

onefromphilly said...

Happy Birthday African!!!!
Enjoy the hell out of it.

TAD IS the shyt! Whenever you can make your man smile over cupcakes and coffee...yeah that makes her the shyt!! :-)

Give Curly a throat chop, by accident of course,.... cause you were falling and just happen to chop in his direction ...you know to break your fall or something like that!! LMAO!!!!

aquababie said...

happy born day to you! that's so sweet that tad baked you cupcakes. enjoy your day :)

1969 said...

Hitting on your boy's girl is so Freshman year. *sigh* Clearly, he can't find his own......

and Zed....get some Eth.iopian Sum.atra from St.arbuc.ks.

Nexgrl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZED!!!! I can picture it now, you are going to have the whole floor smelling like the best coffee was just brewed. When they finally discover the source of the smell, the coffee pot will be empty. You know that they will ask you to share.

Miz JJ said...

Happy Birthday! Let me know your secret to *not* caring about getting older.

I can not believe ol' boy is trying to kick it with TAD in front of you. Uh uh. So wrong and so immature.

Aly Cat 121 said...

ain't nothing like some chicken n' biscuits sistahs huh? *chuckle* Happy birthday you. (got some more cupcakes?)

sj-the-infamous said...

Peace and Blessings
Love and Hugs
Feliz Cumpleanos mi amigo :)

ChezNiki said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend/ weekday. Chicken, biscuits, cupcakes and private blend coffee !?!?! Sounds like some ol' Detroit Birthday Cuisine!
:-P

Yay, Zed!!!

Mr.Slish said...

Happy B-day Homie...Now Knuckle up and punch Curly in the trachea. I hate dudes like that...

Anonymous said...

I made it just in time.

Happy Birthday!!

Man, What I would do to be knee deep in chicken and biscuits right now!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I like that TAD!!! I think she's the shit too!!!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

Imma TAD bit late *teehee*...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Honest said...

Happy Belated Birthday Zed!

La Diva Latina said...

Happy Birthday Zed...sounds like TAD is a keeper..lemon cake, and facilitates you keepin your goods to yourself LoL...
Congrats on 37 man. May this be the best yet..

Nic said...

Haven't been here in a while. Happy belated birthday!

monicac2 said...

Happy belated!! Hope all your b-day wishes came true! :)