Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Nothing Much

"Go back to your fucking desk, sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up!"

That's what I'm aching to say after my secretary comes in to my office telling me she has some "positive news". "Positive" is their euphemisms for barely disguised cheap shot at one of their co-workers. "I got some good news! Jan didn't give me all the information I needed, so I called a couple of departments and I was able to track down everything you asked me for." Bitch, so what? As long as everything's there, I don't care how you got it.

I would never go into anybody's office with that load of bullshit, but they feel comfortable coming into mine. I looked at her like she was out of her mind and then told her "I don't really need to hear the story behind it, just as long as you got the information." She slinked (slunk?) out of the office looking goofy. Just sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up, just like I'm doing.

I've been a supervisor for most of my career. I thought it was due to my ability to intuitively figure out the best way to get a job done and to use that ability to lead others. Nope. I'm sure it's due to me leaving the higher ups alone and finishing a job without bugging the shit out of them. I'm sure that's the person I'd promote in a heartbeat.

Peace,
KZ

3 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

Gotcha!

Yeah, that's usually how that works.

Blah Blah Blah said...

I think she is actually doing her job...and doing a damn good job at it...
She's slowly driving you insane...it's her master plan.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

is there any way to slip her a note and let her know that she's a bonafide loser and marginal as all hell?

It might do her some good?