Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Gimme Three Feet

OK, I know y'all sick of me tilling the same soil, but I remain irritated by the same bullshit. This is my forum to spout off and I'll take full advantage of it.

I went to the gym midday yesterday so that I could go home after work and just veg out. After my workout, I had to go to the shower. When I workout after work, I usually go home and shower, but the necessity of going back to work had me in the communal shower. I entered the empty shower room, twenty six spigots available, I pick one and begin to shower. Less than one minute later, this old dude comes into the shower room, stands at the spigot RIGHT NEXT TO MINE and starts to shower. Not one space over, right next to mine. Naked and showering. In a completely empty shower room. What the fuck is people's problem? How the fuck is that OK? Who the fuck does that? Apparently people in Satan's Anus on the reg.

The day before the gym incident, I went to see the State of the City address given by the mayor. I sat in a COMPLETELY EMPTY ROW. I didn't expect the row to remain empty, because the place was pretty full. What I really didn't expect was that the next person to inhabit the row would sit in the seat RIGHT NEXT TO ME, sharing a fucking armrest. In an empty row, why the fuck would you sit right next to a stranger, especially a stranger of the same sex? Who the fuck does that?

A few weeks ago TAD and I went to the movies. It was a virtually empty movie theater, with literally two other couples in the place. We sat four seats in on an empty row. Two couples came in together, in an empty theater, and sat in the four seats we left empty next to us, sharing an armrest with us in a vacant theater. We hopped up and moved WAAAAAYYY down the row, because there were 20 open seats that remained. The group watched us move and laughed about it while wondering what our problem was. Amazing.

Whether it be casual conversation, restroom stalls, standing behind you waiting to use the ATM, driving in traffic, whatever, these muthafuckers have spatial issues that are mind boggling and ridiculous. One more reason I wish throat punching was the law of the land.

Peace,
KZ

14 comments:

poetrystruth said...

While you reside in Satan's Anus, I live in WHITEVILLE, these folks love to stand right up on the back of you in line, that shit irritates the fuck out of me. I give them THE look and they slip back a little.

I mean damn I'm only 5 foot tall, why they got to be all up over the top of me? I let them know real quick I ain't the close knit type...MOVE BITCHES!

Nexgrl said...

Zed, I have these issues daily. Folks want to lean over the desktop and get as close as possible to ask a question. Standing at an empty bus stop and someone will come stand right next to me. I move, and they move closer once again. I then have to give them the "evil glare." Have you stopped "mean mugging" the space invaders?

Knockout Zed said...

@ P and N
I'm always mean-muggin' em. I mean gotdamn, I'm 6'3" 270 pounds man! What the fuck is their problem? I'll never get it.

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

It's cuz you're ultra magnetic yo!

Emphasis on the Ultra!!

Blah Blah Blah said...

You get naked dudes...and I get little old white ladies...that want to push up on me for no damn reason..literally...like so close that they are touching me.
How the hell do you cuss out a little old lady?
After a minute she has moved so close to me...and I have kept baby stepping away from her...and her inching her way over to me again....
NOW I am all up on someone's neck breathing all hard out of exasperation that this old lady wont' back the fuck up and get out of my space!!!!
Sorry...had a flashback.

Do like I used to do in high school...everyone needs to remain an arms length away. Yes, I verbalized it!! lol

Knockout Zed said...

@AJ
Right, that's it. My magnetism. Now that you've met me, I'd say that we both know that's not the case. LOL

@BBB
You verbalized it? Really? I might get brought up on charges if I verbalized it. These people are so fucking rude and then they act like shrinking violets the minute you stand up for yourself. It's a dichotomy I don't understand.

KZ

onefromphilly said...

Uhhh....mammals like to congregate. Most mammals are not solitary.

That's all I got.

BZ said...

I sooooooo feel you. This is why I don't go out, or do food shopping on weekends. Muhfuckas have no concept of personal space. SERIOUSLY. Not to mention the fact that I'm not a small girl. So, why must you crowd BOTH of us when there's plenty of room? GTFOOHWTBS!

Bananas said...

Ah Dude! Space Invaders. I hate that! Makes ya wanna yell "Distance! Distance motha fucker"!

Monie said...

Whew, boy, that shit aggravates me as well! Like, when I'm signing my credit card slip in the store and the person behind literally has their crotch against my ass from standing so close...I be wanting to elbow people! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Mr.Slish said...

hahahahahaha!!! Maybe they go home and tell friends and family "I showered next to a Big black man today!..Boy was he impressive had to get me a closer look"...lol

Knockout Zed said...

@Slish
I think they'll go home and say "Another myth busted!"

KZ

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

so true! that is my pet peeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeee...oh gosh! why do people do this?

1969 said...

That ish is annoying as hell. LMAO!!!