Thursday, August 25, 2005

What Do Y'all Think?

What's crackin' folks? This work week has been kind of slow. My boss is out so I'm completely in charge, and you know I take it easy on myself. I been given some breathing room to reflect on the things I'm asked to do on a regular basis and slowly but surely, I realize what kind of shell game this whole thing is. There has been an elaborate effort to pump up the work we do to appear more busy than we have to be. I won't be so arrogant as to assume this was all because of me, but it's starting to look that way. It's been kind of a "let's create more work so the city boy doesn't get bored" type of thing, and frankly it sux.

I spent 2 hours in one meeting and 1 hour in another that was based strictly on semantics. "I prefer that we state it this way..." "No, I would like it put this way...". At my old job those muthafuckas woulda been blackballed and put on paperclip collection duty. Do you know why? Because I don't work as a friggin' English Professor, my work is based on ACTION. The more we discuss the wording in a document, the less that gets done. But that's obvious to you isn't it?

I got a call for an interview for this other gig in Northern California. I was suprised by the call, I'd forgotten I applied. Mind you, I just started this gig less than two months ago. The gig in Northern Cali pays about $20,000 a year more than this gig. I told them I was willing to interview over the phone. They wanted me to fly out. I told them I just started a new gig, I was intrigued by their position, but I couldn't fly out. They are now arranging for me to interview over the phone. In the words of the immortal KRS One, "now tell me what the *bleep* that I'm supposed to do" if I'm offered the gig? Should I take it or honor my committment? The Cali job is in a community with real problems that could use experienced help. My current gig is in a cupcake ass community with no real problems but a lot of entitlement issues. I've never seen such a big group of "haves" think that they have been so put upon. This shit is sickening. But if this was my only choice, I could stay for a few years. What do y'all think?

Completely Off Topic

I asked one of my staff people where another person was, and she answered "I don't know. I didn't know I was supposed to watch her" and proceeded to her office. I followed. I walked into her doorway and said "Alright, wise guy" waiting until she made eye contact to let her see there was no joking in my tone and no smile on my face. She made a little face and said "I know what that means. Sorry!" No, bitch, I don't accept your apology. I will can your ass in this fucked up economy and leave you for the fucking wolves you pasty bitch.

3 comments:

Disco said...

Temper, Temper Zeddy....now u want my opinion, here goes: I feel that your committment is to YOURSELF. You will have honored all that you were SUPPOSED to honor when you walk your black ass out that door. Things happen for a reason and isn't that how many people get ahead, by taking the right path at the right time???? Working in a place that des not give you"busy work" and bullshit to do is proactive. We are NOT getting any younger and if a rope comes down to you and pulls you UP that ladder instead of you having to slave UP the ladder.....take it. It's further from home, but if the position is that good and they are willing to concede on your even having to come out there and are interviewing you over the phone......JUMP ON IT. Time waits for no one. You already made the disconnect from the "city".....You are more free than you were 3 months ago. If it sounds like a good idea, take it Zed. But first, find out about the cost of living, etc. so you can see if that $20 grand increase is really worth it or if it's worth 5 cent more an hour here. Do your research. This is how people become VP's by age 35....by taking the appropriate risks and just being int he right place at the right time. I'm a firm believer in that shit. Good Luck dawg!

brooklyn babe said...

Will you resent your decision, if you don't take a chance and see, what this new position leads to.
From one Sag to another, a new environment, bigger challenge, and something that your passionate about, it definitely worth a try.

So if you're down.
Leap and the net will appear.
And for your co-worker, she gets the "finga!" Lol

She Her Me said...

Yeah, I'd definitely go for the Cali thing. But something tells you that's not the decision you made... :)

I'll soon find out.

By the way, you're nicer than me...I would probably have actually SAID those choice words to that lady instead of just thinking them... But then again, I'm a Scorpio, so no surprise there...

I'm digging your blog. I think I like your mind.