Monday, October 23, 2006

A T.A.D. Bit Better

I spent Friday in Detroit getting my locs done before I headed for Toledo. I was talking to my loctitian, June, (no, not this one) and we were talking about travel. Or in my case, lack thereof. She had me thinking about broading my horizons. June has me determined to get my mind right so I can go to Ghana next year. That's a lot of flying, yo!

As soon as I left the loc shop, I went to this car audio place to get my CD changer fixed. As I walked towards the door, I could just make out the stunned gaze of my ex-girlfriend Pinky. I smiled, about to give her a hug when she quickly took a step back and tapped this cat behind her. "Marvin, this is my friend Zed. Zed this is Marvin." I start smiling, "Hey Marvin, good to meet you." I shake his hand and then she gives me a hug. "Funny seeing you here." "Yeah, funny." A week ago she sent me an e-mail asking if she could come see me in Satan's Anus, so I guess it would be funny seeing me there. They handle their business and leave. Less than 15 minutes later as I remain in the shop, Pinky calls me. She's making general conversation. I don't mention ol' dude and neither does she. I wondered if she stuffed that cat in the trunk or something.

After they take my CD changer out of the truck and leave me without a gang of my favorite CDs, I drive to Toledo. Fuckin' Toledo.

I don't wanna go into too much about Toledo, I just wanna say that two things were evident: Undergrad cats hate Alumni cats, and the feeling is mutual. One group is sucking the fun out of the frat, the other is stackin' lawsuits against the frat by damn near killin' "candidates"; and my Satan's Anus brothers think I'm an arrogant asshole. I didn't see the city much at all. I left Toledo on Saturday afternoon heading back to Detroit instead of staying through Sunday.

I'm getting ready to go on this date with a newy, Thoughts And Dreams, T.A.D. for short. Mind you, it's Sweetest Day and I realize this sorta late in the game. If I'm out with her on Sweetest Day, any other cat in the picture is not up on his shit, so I'm feeling good about this first date thing.

I'd met T.A.D. before, but it wasn't in a date situation. This shit was spectacular. Mind you, T.A.D. is a friend of Robyn's and she's read this blog (and is likely reading it now, aren't you?), so she had a pretty good handle on who I am. I was able to get some insight on what makes her tick. A lot of insight. Plus I got to look at her, think about suckin' her bottom lip, all that good shit. I think we might team up to go out and fight crime or something. She's the type of chick that makes me wanna write a check or build some shit by hand. You know, do grown folk shit. That's rare, at least it is for me.

She's funny (no matter how serious she thinks she is), intelligent, well-traveled and BANGIN'! If we could just move this other cat completely out of the picture. Word to Boo: You can't be callin' during my time, dude!

Anyway, I'm owed a follow-up date so we can come up with some logistics for me to transition ol' boy out so I can be that "rebound" cat.

On Sunday, I called my boy Three so we could hit the Detroit Breakfast House and try to soak up a little Tiger Fever while I was home. Overall, a very good weekend, significantly assisted by my Saturday night.

Be Easy,
KZ

30 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

heeheehee...good thing you put that in there...'cause I was gonna clown!

Sweetest Day? da fuck? ...and why do you know that shit?
I thought we already decided you were arrogant...and we were fine with that?!?!

*I didn't get this good of a review...but I ain't mad....sorta LOL....sorta

Disco said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I saw T.A.D. yesterday and she told me that you guys had a great time! I am soooo glad! (for both of ya'll !) and this must happen again!!!! LOL

Uh...... and I second that "word to boo"...... jackass.......

Anonymous said...

Hi Zed,
You don't know me, but I know you T.A.D and Robyn. I agree with you...T.A.D ain't that serious once you get to know her and CRAZY needs to stop calling her. I am glad that yall had a good Sweetest Day.

Diva.

1969 said...

Hold up...is this Babee Munkees and Clams? Am I on the wrong blog?

Whoa...positivity? Fun? Dating with potential?

Damn...even the Tigers don't have you down?

I am liking this Zed.

Anonymous said...

Yes...I'm reading...

Anonymous said...

Sweetest Day?

I think it's cool that you met someone that makes you wanna do grown folk's shit how cool is that? hat's off to her. (Not that you don't already do grown folk's shit)

onefromphilly said...

This sounds like the beginnings of something GOOD!

Yeah....uhh.. how do you know that Sweetest Day stuff??? Let me find out that you're the sweet, romantic type. AWHHHHHHH

Knockout Zed said...

@Blah
Sweetest Day is big in parts of the midwest. It is celebrated in Detroit, trust me.

I'm supposed to be ok with being arrogant, but I really like being liked.

@Robyn
When she told you we had a great time, did she tell you about the sex?

@Diva
Hey Diva! That dude knows he fucked up somethin' awful. Those cats are the most persistent.

@69
As the memory of the date wears off, I'm sure I'll return to being the grumpy ol' curmudgeon you've grown to hate.

@T.A.D.
You've accepted that T.A.D. means what I said it meant on the blog? You are a trusting woman!

@Chele
It's a midwest thang, mama. Sweetest Day is 6 months before Valentines Day, so you can make sure you're loved twice as much in a calendar year.

Let me clarify. She makes me WANNA do grown folks shit.I already HAVE TO do grown folks shit. And that's not including the grown folks shit one does sans clothes!!!

@OneFrom
I don't have a romantic bone in my body. It was a complete coincidence that we made the date for that day.

KZ

Anonymous said...

I saw your picture and no fucking way a decent woman is going to want to go out with you.

Miz JJ said...

I have never heard of the Sweetest Day before. Very interesting. Hope you keep having fun with T.A.D.

Knockout Zed said...

@MizJJ
I hope so too. I think we'll go to the zoo on our next date so we can feed "Anonymous"'s mother some bananas.

KZ

aquababie said...

sweetest day? the only reason i've ever heard of this is because someone from wisconsin i know celebrates it. frankly i rather have all my shit on valentine's day (which is my bornday) .

i'm glad to hear you actually sound upbeat about something.

Knockout Zed said...

@Aqua
You were born on V-Day? I knew there was something I liked about you!

KZ

Disco said...

Zed.....

Diva is right.... T.A.D. is really chill and uh.......it's so funny that people on the blog see you as such a "downer" and "curmudgeonly"..... that really is ONLY a part of you and they just don't see the other side of ya.....

Funny how blogs showcase only what the write wants to portray.....

Cause Ya'll.... if ya'll had a chance to hang with the Zed that I KNOW....he's not NEARLY as "daniel doo-bad" as you might think....

He's one of THEE funniest people and one of THEE most intelligent and cool people you'll ever want to meet.

true, true......

1969 said...

Robyn....I think we all know that about Zed despite how much he wants us to think otherwise. :)

Disco said...

@1969......girl... I am so glad that you said that!!!

I was just doing my "friendly" PSA for the Zedster cause he DOES shelter the world from the rest of his 'niceness' LOL

ChezNiki said...

Well you sound like you had a good time...except for the real frat business...My friend who passed couple weeks ago is/was your frat. Had a little legal situation over at that chapter as well, back in the day...it made the alumni newsletter!??!?!

Spent my weekend sanging and watching sports! Tigers/Cardinals had me up all night. After game two I have to say...Rogers for President! Even if he had a little pinetar/dirt issue on his pitching hand...LOL

aquababie said...

yep! that's my birthday.

i figured zed be yanking our chain. can't nobody be this pessimistic all the time! LOL

Anonymous said...

Remember, I've read you before and in your own words, have a pretty good handle on who you are, so I kinda figured it meant something else.

I am trusting.I trust that you know what it means and that's good enough for me.

And I'm with Robyn and 1969. You ain't nobody's curmudgeon. Quit frontin'! :o)

Knockout Zed said...

@Robyn and Sixy
Y'all buggin'! I'm as evil as the day is long. I actually think I downplay how evil I am on the blog!

@Chezniki
We stay with "legal situations" in the frat. I'm sorry to hear he passed, though.

I love the Tigers, but ol' dude was cheating! I'm glad they got that out of the way early, though, so the rest of his night was cheat-free.

@Aqua
Wait until my next post (which I have figured out in my head). We'll see who's not so pessimistic.

@TAD
You know I'm a sourpuss and a cynic!!!

For the record, the "d" is for "dimple". LOL

KZ

BZ said...

LOL @ the mutual hate between grads and undergrads. I know that happens. You can't be that far removed from your undergrad experience to forget that fact? I'm glad you had a good weekend overall, though. Your peoples represented TIGHT at Mizzou's homecoming this weekend.

Mr.Slish said...

If that wasn't a plug for a follow up date I don't know what is..lol..Get mack on Playaaa..I'm rooting for ya..

sunshine said...

She's the type of chick that makes me wanna write a check or build some shit by hand. You know, do grown folk shit.

Now that's pretty serious!!

Angel said...

i see you with a woman who can "change your mood..." hmmmm...i wonder what it'd be like to have a loctician? i've always done my own locs (except when my cousin started them as a graduation present). i think i have a hang-up about women touching my scalp because...well...my head is probably one of my biggest erogenous zones and i cant just be all "splish-splash" in a damn hair salon!

funny that you mentioned the undergrad/alumni clash. i agree that it's there and on one hand i understand your statement about "one wants fun, the other fights lawsuits." i'm one of those umpteen greeks who's inactive because of my displeasure with the ENTIRE system--undergrad AND alumni. fckin cash does indeed rule everything--even when you're supposedly trying to be about a greater good! :-/

Knockout Zed said...

@BZ
We all know you can't very nearly kill somebody and not have questions asked, right? I'd just ask for cats to be smart, because as an officer in the advising chapter my name goes on any lawsuits filed as a defendant. At that point, I gives a fuck if a muthafucka gets "made right" or not.

On a better note, I'm glad you had fun at homecumming (I think I spelled that wrong). I'm glad to know my boys represented.

@Slish
I'm trying, bruh. She's fuckin' outstanding.

@Tjeanise
She makes me feel like I'm too fuckin' immature. I already knew I was, but damn!

@FA
*takingnotesonerrogenouszone*
If I could do my own, I would. I don't know how and never really tried to learn.

When you're talking about the system, you're right, no one thinks about the "purpose" anymore. It's just all these petty fights.

There are two things I know would stop tomorrow if WOMEN decided it was uncool: drug dealing (not drug using) and excessive hazing (not pledging).

KZ

BZ said...

Oh, I'm with you 100% on that! No arguments. I just remember being an undergrad and hating grad. We all went through it. But you're right. (Sadly, it's not like my org is guilt-free on the violence, either.)

The Brown Blogger said...

Word is born, son.

I've been waiting to read THIS.

onefromphilly said...

I agree with Robyn. Once you meet Zed you will know he is real cool people, intelligent, fun and very sweet. Yeah I said it DAMMIT, very sweet!

Knockout Zed said...

@BZ
It's pretty funny to you until someone says "Zed, you'll be responsible for any blowback." I haven't smiled since.

@Hassan
I guess it's getting better. But I still had to be away from SA to have a good time.

@OneFrom
Though I love that y'all think I'm cool, y'all are killin' my bloglife. I'm here as an asshole and a shit starter.

One From, you're pretty damn swell yourself!

KZ

NegroPino™ said...

This is nice and refreshing. IM happy for ya.....if any woman can MAKE u wanna do things u HATE doing, she's a LUCKY girl... U are a STAND UP GUY ZED...best of luck