Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Beautiful Zed And The Numbers

I get the weirdest, out of the blue assed phone calls. From women. Women I haven't seen in forever. I mean pre-TAD, pre-Thelma, pre-marriage women. They don't register on my radar and their phone numbers on my caller ID are unfamiliar. I let it go to voicemail and I listen. I wonder how they got to me.

I've had the same phone number since July 2002, the day after I left my wife. We had a family phone plan so I left my phone with her, and I got a new one when I left. That means for a chick that I haven't seen since before I got married in December 2000 has THIS number, she worked to get it.

I wonder what presses them to call. Dick is 12 for 10 cents, so I know that's not what it's about. I had a chick that dissed me, hard, call me to ask how come I never call her. I was like "You told me never to call you again." She said "Really, I wonder why?" I didn't wonder, I just didn't call.

Once a week, I get an odd text message or voicemail. Yesterday this chick left me this message:

"Zed. Sweet, beautiful Zed. Where have you been? I heard you moved. I wish you had told me..I could have given you a going away present. Please call me. We got so
much to catch up on."


This chick is married. I guess it's the 7 year itch. I'm not scratching it.

If somebody is genuinely curious as to how I've been or what I'm doing, I have no problem with that. We can talk. But of the ones that I've talked to, they don't wanna hear shit about me not fuckin' 'em. Yeah, I had/have a rep with the high sex drive and the "anytime, anyplace" mentality. But if it's been that long, don't you think something might have changed?

When I was at my alumni picnic this chick I used to see kept hanging around me and my friends. My boys were asking me for an "in" so I introduced some of them to her. She wasn't having it. When I was about to leave, she hugged me and said "You feel like comin' over later and hookin' 'mama' up?" I was like "I'm going to my girlfriend's house later." She said "What about before you go home?" I just laughed and walked away.

I thought about women and their "numbers" thing. If they fuck me again, it doesn't count against their "number", the number of dudes they've fucked. I don't know if it's true or I'm making shit up to justify behavior I don't understand.

I'm Out,
Beautiful Zed

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I've fucked you...it wouldn't count against my number.

I get the same thing...it just doesn't apply to chicks... dudes do the same thing all the time.
My rule...if I haven't spoke to you in 3 months...you're getting deleted outta my cell... I know that is a short window but I tend to forget who someone is...short attention span.

onefromphilly said...

That's right! If you were my 2nd and I get back to you after my 15th..you were still my 2nd. You can't just change the numbers because of the order that they happened. 2nd is always 2nd no matter how many times I go back to 2nd. Dayum that's just plain simple math! jeez

Anonymous said...

15th??? Dang onefrom ... LOL

"12 for 10 cents" Now that was funny.

There is no justification. They just wanna hit one more time. I received a call like that recently and when I declined he started talking about how he's back in church and he's never been happier with his walk with the Lord. HUH??

1969 said...

Women like to go back to the easy, I already know it's good, no strings partners instead of venturing forth with trying to find a new one with issues and problems, lies and *gasp* may not even be that good possibilities.

To put it bluntly, you are everyone's "dick in a box". You should be flattered.

And yes, we count partners....not times. :)

aquababie said...

i'm guilty of calling an old lover. however the attraction was mutual. when i was messing around this dude and i would contact each other on an "as needed" basis. i knew what i was getting and it was not hassle.

and nope, you're in line where you dropped your drawls.

ChezNiki said...

I have to co-sign on 1969 and Aqua. We count by men not by occurrence. Also, old (former) d*ck is usually hassle-free, disease-free, game-free and psycho-free.

To paraphrase that great philosopher, Petey Pablo:
"And he know why he came here/ and he know where his clothes 'spose to be/ off and over there!"

:-p

Beana said...

lol who let that tidbit out the girly bag? I agree, ur place on the list is what it is whether we dabble again or not.

This post made me go back and think if i've ever made a call like that before. "hook momma up?" oh my. I probably did but I dont remember.

LOL at chick askin for goodies even after u said u was going to your girls house...tramps they all tramps LMAO!

sj-the-infamous said...

Wait, so you double count? If I fucked you say in 2004, and we part ways and we get up again in 2006, you are still only counted ONCE. Interesante....