Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Caring

I think in general that most people don't know what other people care about, the things that are important to them, even when they are told. Most people show or tell you what's important to them. If you get to know a person, you get to know the shit they hold dear. However, if you don't pay attention, that shit can pass you by.

For instance, if you wear a lot of makeup because you want to look good for your significant other and he tells you he likes you better without makeup, if you continue to wear makeup, you have to realize it's for you. He has told you plainly what he likes. So at that point, if you complain about the cost of makeup or the time you spend putting on makeup to make yourself look beautiful for him, you are at that point delusional or at the very least projecting your shit onto him.

Making an argument that you're doing X and Y for him isn't cutting it. You can stop doing it because it doesn't matter. At that point, you're going to have to admit that you're really doing whatever it is you're doing for yourself, to make YOU feel good.

It's a part of embracing one's true nature. It's OK to do shit to make your feel good or better than someone else if that's what your psyche needs. But to keep perpetuating you're doing this shit for some known (or unknown) entity is bullshit.

That's really all I got.

Peace,
KZ

12 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

Trying to tell you shit is all for you...sugar coating it...marinating it in syrup...
All and all, it's for them.
Not only that...but it's like they are trying to convince you that you don't what the fuck you like...
Funny how they think they know zactly what you like...better than you.
Just sayin'...

Little Brown Girl said...

so I take it you don't like makeup?

Knockout Zed said...

@BBB
"I cook for you every day!" "You're a terrible cook, please stop it." "I can't believe you don't appreciate all I do to cook for you, to make sure you're fed." "In God's name, I'm begging you, NEVER COOK AGAIN." "I slave over a hot stove..." Ad nauseum.

@RD
I fucking ABHOR makeup.

KZ

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

so if the girl says the boy works too much...and the boy says he's working for her...but she says I want to spend time with you and he says but I need to work...and she says stay home with me...and he continues to work...so she finds another playmate and he gets pissed.. what does that mean?? he doesn't want to be with her or he got bills???
p.s. i only wear lipgloss

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i had this lovely comment but then blogger ate it. i think it was something to the effect that the bright side of being aware that i am slightly narssisitic is being aware that what i do i do for me...

which is probably why i'm still single.

i had something really dirty to say about make up, red lipstick and oral sex but I changed my mind!

Knockout Zed said...

@GG
If she enjoys the benefits of all the work (i.e. more loot) then she should chill. If she's willing to go without sometimes (movies, dinner, gifts, etc.) then, I think ol' boy should consider cutting down the hours. The thing is, every woman I know talks a good game, but when the perks dry up, they beg that cat to go back to work.

Good! Less makeup is more!

@AJ
I don't mind red lipstick when it's applied liberally to the penis. That I can live with.

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

@ GG~no grown women worth her salt should be telling a man he works too much, unless of course 'work' is code word for his affair that no one is talking about.

if the man is trying to be a provider than let him, get a hobby, take a damn class while he's at work, cuz ain't nothing worse than a broke man up under you!

humph sorry ZED I got a little hyphy!

Anonymous said...

Women don't wear makeup for their men or for themselves for that matter. Most men I've met would prefer a woman naked-faced and most women could do without the extra time and money.

Women wear makeup for other women. Who else notices that ish???

HGE

Knockout Zed said...

@AJ
That's what I thought, but GG is right, I've heard of dudes being given the ultimatum. Work or me.

Like ol' boy said in "I Think I Love My Wife", many men have lost money chasing women, but none have lost women chasing money.

@HGE
My point is don't tell a dude "Look at all I do for you". He knows it ain't for him and YOU know it ain't for him. Why front?

KZ

Blah Blah Blah said...

LOL @ AJ for hyphy!
You goin' represnet regardless!

aquababie said...

i don't think i've ever told a man he works too much. sometimes i like when yall are gone ;) i might ask you how i look before i go out, but that's just to confirm how hot i am! LOL

and while i love my makeup, i don't wear it everyday. i know folk who have never let their man see them without the mask for the first few months. now that's sad.

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

lol on you being hyphy AJ and work was code for the affair...my ex worked on a different coast and it suited us...but I have a lot of lady friends that complain because their man works too much.wtf??.I'd be jumping up for joy that they got a job so i can buy more stuff that they don't like HAHA!!!