Friday, October 10, 2008

Green Tea

"Why would God give you a passion and a talent to do something and then say 'If you follow that, I'm not gon' let you eat!'?"- Anthony Rodman

The funniest shit I've read in a while: McCain supporters are getting REALLY riled up and angry with this campaign. They are fighting mad!!!

I don't even know what that shit means. I mean, do you get TWO votes if you're really, REALLY angry? I mean, McCain supporters are just that, McCain supporters. If there are less of them than there are of Obama supporters, who gives if fuck if they're angry now. Are they gonna strong arm people walking into voting booths and say "Gotdamn it, you better vote for MY guy!!!" If anger mattered that much, we'd be looking at the re-election campaign of President Kerry. So really, fuck a McCain supporter, win or lose.

Anyway, on to another topic. There's this dude I know here named Anthony Rodman, who's actually been a very good friend. We were talking the other day, 'cuz that's what we do, I meet with him for lunch and he lets me vent. I went on to tell him about writing and how much I love to write. I talked about embarking on a new phase of my life and I needed stability to support a family, but I just didn't have any passion for what I'm doing. That's when he gave me that awesome quote at the top. Thanks, muthafucka! Now I'll try to feed my wife and kids some essays!

As hectic and complicated as it is trying to be ready for this wedding, people complicate it more. I'm currently in the running for 3 gigs. These 3 gigs have asked me for, amongst other things, an unprecedented TEN references, asked me to take personality tests, online interviews using webcams, write career assessment essays, and a host of other bullshit. All this while trying to finish work that will sit on my desk unless I do it before I leave, since I'll be out from October 15-November 3. On October 16, two days before I get married, I have to fly to M.aryland for a job interview, fly back the same day, and go get my final fitting for my tux. They couldn't change the gotdamn date. They've been sitting on my fucking resume for at least 4 months, and NOW they're on some ol' "time is of the essence" bullshit. Fuck y'all, Cha.rm City, fuck y'all right in the ass.

All this so I can continue to work in a field I don't have a passion for. Maybe Anthony is right. Time will tell.

Peace,
KZ

4 comments:

Mr.Slish said...

Yo boy is so right...I tried to convince my girlfriend to get a six figur job so I could stay home and write...lol Ofcourse she gave me the screw face...So I will continue to work for the plantation until someone discovers me..lol...Yeah Riiiiiiiight...lol

proacTiff said...

you must be in the middle of a break through from the sound (read) of all the shit hitting the fan. you are man. hear you roar. you can handle all that shit, then some. and if the wife and kids (don't know where your kid-despising ass got that term from, lol) get hungry enough they will eat that well-written essay. and like it! you got a gift bruh. i secretly share your stuff with MrPro and he loves the stuff you spit. shit is real. fuck that--"everything i learned i learned in kindergarten"--bull. b.o.r.i.n.g. just don't expect oprah's book club to pick up your copy. she hate real and is so into lame.

Blah Blah Blah said...

You can use me as a reference...
Hold on...
Ummm, maybe not...I might end up referring to the wrong thing and then a referendum will be sent out to refuse your references.
So never mind.
Sorry.

chele said...

I so know where you are coming from. It's depressing that I can send out dozens of articles trying to land a freelance gig and get nothing. But then receive a raise at a job that I have no passion for. WTF?