Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Dropped Ball

So I'm at this conference, right? Right here in Satan's Anus. People from around the state are here, so I'm hoping for some Detroit representation. I'm talking euphemistically here. I'm using the word "Detroit" like white people from Michigan use it, to denote "Black". "We do things different that they do in Detroit" is the thing they say to mean "Stop actin' so fuckin' Black!"

Anyway, I get no such luck. 150 people, less than 10 Africans. That includes these two sistas who I think are trying to "pass". I knew she would be here, I just didn't know how I would react when I saw her. Shondra. One of those that got away.

I met her at a conference just like this three years ago. She worked with a state agency with my friend Jay. He introduced us. She was smart, beautiful and exceedingly sexy. I started just like a jackass. "I don't know if Jay told you this, but I'm a very important person to know." "Dude, you trippin'!" I tell ya, it was luv.

She lived in Lansing about 100 miles from Detroit. There was a lot of "out of sight, out of mind" type shit. I was living the bachelor life, calling her occasionally. She asked me to come see her. This was during homecoming at MSU in East Lansing, making it extra convenient for me. When I got to East Lansing, I got caught up in hanging with old friends and chasing ol' broads. I blew her off and that was that.

She walked in the conference today. Still smart, beautiful, exceedingly sexy, and married.

KZ

17 comments:

Mr.Slish said...

Snooze you lose African..lol

So did she give ya the googly eyes or the " Look at me now AFRICAN you could have had all of this glorious chocha!!!! kinda look..lol

Anonymous said...

The good ones always are. ;)

i like liquor and tv said...

Dang. You missed out on your Queen to-ooo beee.

Little Brown Girl said...

...and what did you learn from today's lesson??

Blah Blah Blah said...

i know how you hate when other people got what you want.........

like i ask slish....when you gonna learn?

tell
me
you
like
it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha

Knockout Zed said...

@CG
This is a weird fuckin' state, trust!

@Slish
I wrote this when I first saw her (in the morning) on a pad at the conference. I typed it after we got out. In between we went to lunch with two other sistas. It was cool in a group. We didn't even talk about it.

@Anon
How are the kids?

@Liquor
I fucked up royally

@RD
I should fuck every chick I meet so I don't have regrets. Lesson learned!

@Blah
I hate you so much right now!

KZ

Anonymous said...

They're great. The little one looks kinda like you. ;)

Little Brown Girl said...

ennnnnnnnnnt WRONG!!! It was your fuckin around with other chicks that kept you from being with Shondra in the first place.

So busy worried you was gone miss something your azz ended up missing something!!! LMAO!!!

Ok let me leave this alone, we just met so it's to soon for me to have you hating me...LOL!

Knockout Zed said...

@Anon
You fulla shit! The little one looks like her father.

@RD
I know I'm a fuck up. The chase be callin' me. The chase is crack.

I still luv you, mama!

KZ

chele said...

Classic. We've all been there.

Prophetess said...

It hurts to know that there was ONE that managed to get away, don't it?

I know it.

It hurts even more when you see that person's face after a long period of time, and then realize they're wedded to and living out dreams with someone else.

That might be the second worst feeling in the world...

Honest said...

Damm dude that's too bad.

Disco said...

you sure know how to end a dayum post! Great post

lyre said...

KZ,
that is what happened when thelittle head rules you.

nikki said...

lol@slish, although he's right. you need to stop sleeping, zed.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!

babybear said...

KZ, sounds like you had the Charlie Brown face after seeing sis.... *the blank open eye look with the squiggly line for a mouth*. She could have been one of the good ones (A Bronx Tale)...you know you only get a couple. I hope you learned to let the big head do the thinking instead of the little head.

Knockout Zed said...

@All my lady friends plus Slish
I thought y'all liked me!!!! I'm really hurt. Where's the pity? Where are the kind words and condolences?

KZ