Friday, April 28, 2006

Head or Gut

My prospects for a good weekend are dwindling. I'm watching them evaporate before my very eyes. It's that thing, that internal thing that gnaws at you and asks "Is having something to do really worth putting up with this?" It's a toss up. What I call the "Almond Joy/Mounds" conundrum. Sometimes you feel like a nut...

Anyway, I'm watching the prospects slip away 'cuz I'm hiding. I'm getting phone calls from Detroit one after another. Women wanna check me out for the weekend. All friggin' winter the calls were sporadic with me doing the travel. Now, when I'm doing better and know more people, they wanna come this way. Sure. Why not. Why not NOT.

When Carmel called me earlier this week, drunk dialing while hanging with friends, I listened. Not because I wanted anything from her, but I wanted to give her the opportunity for closure. I haven't seen her since I got back from Florida. I'd only talked to her about computer issues since. She cussed me out and told me I wasn't shit. Told me she slept with her baby daddy because I wouldn't answer my phone. Am I going to answer my phone now?

Her homeboy, the cop I told you about here got on the phone. "What's up cousin?" "What up man?" "Ay, are you coming to this community event on Sunday at Holy Roller Municipal Sanctified Palace and Waffle Emporium?" "What community event?" "They're having a program to promote better relations between the police and the Black community."

Right then my 3 worlds collided, my job that includes hella community outreach, my unnatural and sustained hatred of the police, and my unnatural and sustained mistrust of the church in the Black community. I told him I'd try to go. He's a cool guy, plus knowing more cops, I'll be able to get out of more tickets!

But, I might just flake out. You know, frat business.

Let's Hear It For Spring,
KZ

13 comments:

Disco said...

I say go..... gettin outta tickets in a place that prolly has TOO many police-ces-ses and WAAAAAAAAY to much time to spend fiugring out HOW to hide in a discrete place simply to catch yo ass speeding. Go....it'll do you some good in SOME form or fashion! LOL

Blah Blah Blah said...

Besides ass....what would be a GOOD weekend?

My weekend doesn't look any better..I have...frat business too
LMAO

Knockout Zed said...

@Robyn
If it was held in a municipal building or something, it would be a no-brainer. I'd have to go.

It's instinctive in a church for someone to pass the collection plate. I ain't got nuttin' for 'em, man!

@Blah
Last weekend was very good. And I got nothing!

KZ

The Stiltwalker said...

"Holy Roller Municipal Sanctified Palace and Waffle Emporium" LOL. you're funny. But I feel you on the whole black church thing. There's one here in Atlanta that you have to fill out an application to join then sit through an orientation which you have to PAY for! what. the. hell.

Honest said...

Hmmmm you can always stay home and contemplate your navel.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

"The Almond Joy/Mounds conundrum" ... that is some funny shit!

Anonymous said...

whatever you do this weekend, have a good time. you'rea man who's really in demand :)

i like liquor and tv said...

Eww, don't go! There's no reason to picnic with pigs unless they're on the grill. Seems like the event will be boring anyway.

haha, Stiltwalker talkin bout Creflo's church. You gotta submit your W2 when joining the church. I read that in ajc.

Nika Laqui said...

Right, Frat bizness..*lol*

Knockout Zed said...

@Stiltwalker
I don't have all negative things to say about church. Church is an excellent place to get pussy. Ask the pastors.

@Honest
"I look inside myself/Navel gazer/Zed Supreme/Visionary/Style unique/Rhyme so you don't hear me scream" - The Boom Bip, Unreleased Demo (for good reason!), 1992

Introspection is tough when the blood is rushing from your head into the "nether regions".

@Monica C.
You have to blog. Please?

@Aquababie
It ain't all like that. It's like finding a twenty in jeans you haven't worn in a while. "That's right, Zed's in Satan's Anus!" Then the calls come.

@Liquor and TV
Not only will it be boring, but it's going to be a perfect storm of Batshit, Carmel, and who knows who else will show.

Dem cats need to quit. So it comes down to this? What you make determines if you can join his church? And I'm the one going to hell.

@Nsane
I really should be doing more community service shit. Especially since I keep using the frat to get out of bad situations.

KZ

i like liquor and tv said...

rofl @ "I don't have all negative things to say about church. Church is an excellent place to get pussy. Ask the pastors."

And yes Creflo's last name is Dollar. There's no WAY I'm going to a church with a peacher who's last name is Dollar. Dude is rich, one of his members bought him a jag a few years back. One of his member is Evander Holyfield.

Knockout Zed said...

@Liquor and TV
And why is Evander a member? Follow the pussy.

KZ

Sangindiva said...

You and that Frat business line is just the greatest!
I I've been using something like that lately...
I say go- what the hell- you might meet miss Right NOW.