Sunday, July 15, 2007

Beauty vs. The Blind

Talking about a recent liaison in the movie Broadcast News
Albert Brooks: "He must have been really good looking."

Holly Hunter: "Why do you say that?"

Albert Brooks: "Because no one invites a bad looking idiot to their room."


What power does visual beauty have to the blind?

If a beautiful airheaded woman, who is used to getting her way based on her looks, meets up with a blind intellectual man, what's the result?

I would guess that the blind intellectual would find her boring. But is that really the case? Would the pretty airhead be able to find a middle ground with the man, based on her charm and guile, or would it be lost with out visual accompanyment?

I suspect that the beauty would adapt and find a way to work aesthetics back into the picture, somehow and MAKE the blind man realize she is valued by his sighted peers. Because when the only thing you have of value is nullified, you're worthless.

This analogy is going a long way to make a little point. I'm pretty much in the worthless phase of my life. I'm worthless and I've known this for a while now, I'm just now acknowledging it. Not obsolete, but not of any worth in my current incarnation.

I'm not writing this for pity or for any answers, it's a reminder for myself. When I look at this in a year from now, everything will come flooding back and I'll remember this feeling.

Be Safe,
KZ

17 comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

obsolete huh? that just put some shit on mind!

Angel said...

Check my latest post--interested in your opinion...

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

okay i had to meditate on the musing over here Zed and i decided that perhaps I'm beautiful and blind...is that weird?

Knockout Zed said...

@AJ
It's hard to think of one's self that way, but I had to go there for me.

@FA
Locless! There's a trend here.

@AJ, again
If you were beautiful and blind how would you know it? LOL

KZ

Miz JJ said...

We are our own toughest critics.

Little Brown Girl said...

...and then there was Monday! Unfortunately I can relate to the feeling, this shyt sucks man!!!

1969 said...

And we were doing so well with last week's bout of positivity. Tsk, Tsk. You are too hard on yourself. You know that right?
I like to always think, "It's not me, it's them".

onefromphilly said...

One year from now you will read this and say "damn I'm glad that's over"!!!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

being blind and beautiful equals being alone...

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

wow! nothing is that bad..you will look back on this entry as I do a lot of my diary musings and say "damn what was that all about..glad its over!"..and as long as you can teach one person something you are not worthless..know how to work a lawn mower??? I'm more beauty than brains so I'd have to use my hands to get my point across with the blind guy! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Nullifed by whom?

Honest said...

Can you do something about it?

Knockout Zed said...

@JJ
That we are.

@RD
It's like being born with the world's biggest dick and meeting a chick without a clit.

@Sixy
I think I'll feel better later.

@OneFrom
I almost feel like that right now.

@AJ
Blind and beautiful. That sounds like the jackpot for some lucky ugly feller.

@GG
Handjob?

@Chele
Nullified by the object of your attention.

@Honest
Yeah. Stop giving a fuck. That's it.

KZ

Kim said...

You have to always look at the brighter side, take your response to RD, "It's like being born with the world's biggest dick and meeting a chick without a clit", Zed, you forget that the chick has a mouth and hands. You must remember that lemons can always be made into lemonade.

Little Brown Girl said...

I Tagged You! My blog for details...*sorry* And I know you don't want to do it, but I hope you will...FOR ME *big bright smile*

DivineLavender said...

Ha Ha...You got tagged by Roycee!


Plus, are you saying you want a blind chick or your eyes are going bad or pretty women don't like you?

I am confused?!


It was bound to happen one day.

-Divine

Knockout Zed said...

@Kim
What pleasure would she get out of that?

@RD
I'm working on it. Curses!

@DL
I'm the "bombshell chick" in the analogy, not the blind dude. Pretty women fuckin' love me.

KZ