Thursday, July 12, 2007

In Appreciation of PWTs

In a world without P-Dubs who would...

make (and use) our crystal meth?
live in our vast landscape of trailer parks?
ride our mechanical bulls?
buy our mustache combs?
drive our stock cars?
write our songs about pickup trucks?
vote against their own well-being just to hurt a minority group in the same socio-economic strata?
start fistfights with our cops?
purchase our "Pissing Calvin" and "Yellow Ribbon" decals?
proudly display Confederate flags even when born and raised for generations in the north?
watch the Bill Engvall Show? Or Reba?
man our convenience store counters on Indian/Arab holidays?
fix our cars?
whistle at our ladies from construction sites?
wait on us at the Cracker Barrel and the Waffle House?
give birth to Eminem's children?
repair our copy machines?
drink our Budweiser?

Think about this the next time you take a P-Dub for granted. The next time you go out to eat at a truck stop, double Lucinda's tip.

Be Cool,
KZ

9 comments:

Little Brown Girl said...

FIRST *that hasn't happened in a long time*

LOL!! You did not say...buy our mustache combs LMAO!!!

I never thought about just how much I should appreciate the cracka...I am ashamed!

1969 said...

Thanks for this solemn reminder Zed. I am going to go out and hug a Billy Bob TODAY!

onefromphilly said...

Fukk that! I'm still unappreciating!

* All week I been watching Roots The Next Generation on TV One*

FUKK EM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

dammit to all hell, i drink bud and like to ride mechanical bulls...

must be that pwt in me!

Thanks Zed I'm gonna go do some geneological research now!

BZ said...

This was cute. But those yellow ribbons aren't just for PWT. Some of us have close friends and family over there, too.

Knockout Zed said...

@RD
You should be.

@Sixy
Smooch him on the cheek too.

@OneFrom
They were our overseers! C'mon!

@AJ
If you don't have PWT in ya, I'm sure one of 'em will volunteer to put a little in ya.

@BZ
Some of us that do (me included), kinda know that showing "support for our troops" on their car is tacit approval for this illegal war. I like to think I support 'em by NOT giving money to the Taiwanese company making the ribbons.

KZ

aquababie said...

next time i see my cousin's wife, i'll say thanks!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

great zed i think i'll be mullet hunting over the weekend!!

Honest said...

How about who would wear our wife beaters with the proper tattoos.