Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Thank You Liner Notes For My Imaginary Rap Album

First of all I gotta give it up to the Lord, my wifey Landra, Koke Oliver, Charlie Hightower, my producer Neil Brackets, my n*gga Coleco, Spanish Dave, Black Dave, Ruxpin The Aggressor, Miriam Haversham, Elliot McPherson, The Homicide Machines, Penelope, Cakewalk and Tommy Acres, Maniacal Ideals, Thirsty Glenlivet and his crew, The Appletinis, Horace Machete, DJ Master Plan, DJ Obvious Choice, Vinyl Fetish, Sophia Nussbaum, The Ax Wielding Pussy Thieves, my brother Stab One, and my little cousin Percy.

Peace!

7 comments:

The Maven said...

LOL. What prompted this? It's very creative.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

good job but you forget to thank all the people who held you down before you made it!

Knockout Zed said...

@The Maven
Have you read hip hop liner notes recently? It's a weird mix of misogynistic, violent, or childish nicknames, and big ups to Jewish management and lawyers. Their hardest boys actually have first names like "Percy", "Nigel", "Abercrombie". It's insane. I just tried to emulate that feeling I get when I read them. Like "Penelope? This cat thanked and KNOWS a Penelope?"

@AJ
That's right, the victim part!!! I totally forgot the bootstrap speech.

KZ

The Maven said...

Truthfully Zed, I have not been getting into much Hip-Hop lately, in addition to the fact that I've stopped purchasing physical CD's and only downloading. The CD cases were collecting dust and making my space seem cluttered, I've since placed all them shits in the garage. :) I believe your account of whats out there in the liner notes. It certainly doesn't surprise me, obviously, the game done changed. These Squirrels out here have lost their focus and minds. By the way, speaking of Hip-Hop, have you heard "Royal Flush" from Big Boi? Whatcha think? Me likey!

Knockout Zed said...

@Maven
Have not heard it yet, but I will.

I'm still buying physical CDs just because I'm old and can't fathom the idea of accidentally deleting something I paid $14 for.

KZ

Disco said...

LOL @ Black Dave!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you know why!!! aaaah haaa!!

Blah Blah Blah said...

...the Lord...? You?