Monday, August 27, 2007

Open Your Eyes

It wasn't an admonishment, but a softly spoken request. Once I followed the instructions, I understood why she told me to do it. It changed everything. I looked at everything before, but I only saw them after.

Open your shits, African. Look at what you got.

Cushy gig you bluffed your way into and still do it well. Good place to live. Nice car. Decent health. (Semi) supportive family. No felonies. No relationship trophies (kids). No body to worry about but myself. A woman with a double teardrop/heart and backbite (for the ass connoisseurs). What more can I ask for?

I'm flying out tomorrow for a job interview on Wednesday. The move would be an upgrade (or upgrayedd for y'all that have seen Idio.cracy) in position and pay, how much is yet to be determined. It would be a helluva change for a Northern boy to move to this part of the South as this late in the game. It might be just what I needed.

I have a lot of thoughts. I had a goal to be a director before I was 40. I'm currently a deputy director at 36, so I don't have to jump right now to meet my goal. I was hoping for a East Coast move. Though this is East, it's not as "east" as I'd like it to be. I was thinking more Northeast. Plus, I don't really wanna leave the double teardrop. We already don't live in the same city. How often are we gonna see each other if I'm in North Cacka?

Every thought I had washed away for the moment as I opened my eyes as I was asked. And I looked at what I have.

Be Good,
KZ

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting.

I guess it all depends on where the "Open Your Eyes" is coming from. If I'm not mistaken I believe several commenters have been telling you that for months.

Good luck.

onefromphilly said...

Money can't buy you happiness.

Now lack of money CAN buy a whole lot of misery. But money is not what this is all about

It's good to weigh out your options. That's all the interview is. If it don't fit don't force it!

Little Brown Girl said...

DUDE your nose is wide open...it's a good look for you!!! I love it!

Good luck in the interview, even if you dont take the job, to compete successfully is always a great feeling. And as for you and DoubleTD, if it is meant to be...NOTHING will keep it from being! You heard it hear first so keep pressing Homie!

Anonymous said...

good luck.

1969 said...

If and when you get the job (good luck by the way)....you will have to answer those questions.

If you and your lady are meant to be, distance will actually bring you closer.

Minerva Exertion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Minerva Exertion said...

co-sign with 69.

What part of these here woods are you coming to? (welcome to North Cakalaky)

Anonymous said...

My post disappeared! Well I support movement you can redefine who you are in a new space no past only a bright future which you define. It is a way to truly get to know yourself and build a new life with your own two hands!!

Signed a Cali Girl!

BK said...

ok.. I'm late and new at the same time :)

Soooo good luck on the interview.. career growth is always necessary to keep us on our toes..

as for the lady friend.. *stil laughin at the ass connosieurs thing but errr lol*.. distance will only make you closer.. because you become creative in things you need to do.. AND if its meant to be it will be.. WHO KNOWS.. ya'll may make that JOURNEY together

aquababie said...

blogger hates me!!!

anyway...the interview will be a snap. good luck on that.

as for you and your lady, if this is what you want make it so. that's all i got.

ChezNiki said...

Go and take her with you. You are a free Black man with all your options open. Get yourself set up on the East Coast (North or South) and then get on one knee (or two) and ask her to follow you.

...and Blogger is on that Crack today! I had to logg this comment in like four times!

Knockout Zed said...

I'm at the airport in Western Carolina right now, post-interview and presentation, with a little time to kill. I figured I'd do what I do best and keep the dialog going.

@Chele
All of y'all have told me to open my eyes. None of y'all have said it while bouncing on my lap butt nekkid.

See the difference?

@OneFrom
It's a good place. Like Satan's Anus with a view.

@RD
I guess you're right. I'm just not that enthusiastic about every other week turning into every other month. Nah mean?

@Anon
Good luck to you too, Anon. Living anonymously takes a lot of energy out of you, I'm sure.

@69
That's physically impossible. If we're farther away from each other, we'll be FARTHER APART, silly.

@Minerva
THE CITY in the west.

@Anon
Imma do something with my own two hands, all right. hehehe

@BF
Once again, you can't get closer and farther apart at the same time, homeslice. It can't be done.

@Aqua
The interview (at least the presentation part) was a BEAST. I have no good feeling about it.

@Chezniki
Bad knees, baby. Bad knees. LOL

KZ

proacTiff said...

Hell, at least you get interviews, with a damn "view" to boot. Can a sister have gotten more than one local interview so as to have had options?

*Can't shake the bouncing up and down, unclad, with moving parts visual*

Anonymous said...

wow, i was in charleston one of those damn Cacka's last week and it was some of the best damn seafood I've ever had.

I hope it works out for you, whatever it is that you are trying to work out. Maybe that girl with that good bootie will come with you...hell life is for the living..


Too bad they aren't hiring in Calfornia huh?

XOXO
That Cali Girl

Paula D. said...

Good luck on the interview! As for your honey.....hold on to what you have :-)

onefromphilly said...

I agree with you Zed.
A greater distance apart means MORE distance between you two!

Minerva Exertion said...

If you are talking about Ashy Knees, North Cakalacky, that's a nice growing city. I travel there for business quite often.