Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Blue

I was sitting at my desk, fuming about answer citizens phone calls about shit they don't understand when the phone rang. I saw it was my secretary, so I picked up.

"Let me see if I get this right. There's a Najma on the phone for you."

Najma. Fuckin' Najma. I hadn't talked to Najma in 4 good years. Her husband called me at work once. Threatened to kill me. I believed him too. He was a sheriff's deputy for Ke.nt Cou.nty. Complete asshole. Huge Pe.nn S.tate fan, even though he was just there for the ride when she was getting her PhD. I asked that cat "Is it worth going to jail for life for an unfaithful wife?"

And here she was on the phone. Fuckin' Najma.

"OK. Put her through."

"Hey....how are you?" "I'm great. Never been better. What's up?" "Nothing...."

I'm waiting for her to tell me why she's called. I don't wanna be rude. I really don't. Even though she was messing around with me and left hints so that her "neglectful" husband would find out and show some emotion where she was involved.

I was giving her the courtesy only because I've known her since we were in 10th grade. I didn't know if she was calling me to tell me if her mother died or one of her 14 siblings. I didn't wanna bite her head off right away. So I waited.

"Najma, why are you calling me?" "Intuition. Women's intuition. Something told me to call you. To see if you were OK."

"You got the answer. I'm fine. Everything's good with me."

"OK."

"Well, I guess I'll talk to you later." I had no intention of talking to her later, but I've never ended a phone conversation properly any other way.


Be Up,
KZ

6 comments:

1969 said...

Run don't walk away from that one.

Blah Blah Blah said...

You don't wanna be rude...but you're gonna hav'ta is she calls back. Or you can just put her on hold for a minute and patch her over to me... I'm rude as hell on my own...but I can be rude for other ppl too...

...it'll cost you...but you knew that.

Tell Fuckin' Najma you godda girl and to leave you the fuck alone.

* I don't know where all this hostility is coming from all of the sudden*

Liv For Me said...

Two words come to mind... Fatal. Attraction.

Im with 69, Run. But it would be more entertaining to let Bloop do her thing..LOL

Minerva Exertion said...

I think she is trying to set you up. Why would she call you after four years and her husband contemplating murder? Because the Lord told her too??? BOOOOOOOOO!

Flee, flee like the Hebrews!

Beana said...

lol get a restraining order...that bitch is flawed.

aquababie said...

stay.away.from.crazy.coochie.