Friday, October 26, 2007

Scarabanga Muffiglio

My job is ok. Some aspects at least. The long stretches of doing nothing and dodging meetings are the best. The worst part is budget time and staff shit. I got a employee that has this high level of puppy dog enthusiasm. She always needs a bone (please folks, follow the metaphor). I toss her the bone and she runs back to me with it and drops it at my feet. And I throw it again. She never gets tired.

But I do. I'm constantly passing off my shit to her because she THRIVES on it. She always needs and asks for more. I give her shit that I think will keep her occupied for days, she's done in hours. You'd think I'd love that right? You'd be wrong.

I actually wrote about this shit a little over 2 years ago, but I was filled with vitriol. Now I'm more philosophical about it.

It MAKES so much more work for me to make sure she's occupied. My other employees don't want me to bother them, and I don't want them to bother me. It's the perfect relationship.

I also have to deal with ass-kissers. The latest thing is one of the secretaries, Office Broccoli, is in my office trying to clean it up for me. Site plans, blueprints and maps are everywhere and she's rolling them and arranging them alphabetically. She's lingering, making general observations, and basically just hanging around. Of her own accord. I didn't ask her nor do I want her to do it, but she's here. I can't complain really because my office is getting clean, but shit, I'd rather be left alone in my filth.

As you can tell, I really don't have that much to complain about. I'd just rather be at home.

Peace,
KZ

8 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

***yawn***

I like your title.

I remember office broccoli...heeheehee...yea.

Engagement rings and rabbits this weekend?

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

is it that you wanna be unemployed are all up under you boo? cuz the two trains run on different tracks you know!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I like your blog--this is the first time I've been over and definitely wont be the last!

Have a good weekend

www.yazmar.com

Mr.Slish said...

Slap Office broccoli on the ass...She'll stop sucking up...lol

proacTiff said...

*In walks Pro decked in her best snopes gear - dark sunglasses, trench and brim pulled way down, still slightly stylish*

Careful, dawg. She's try'na catch you on one of dem cell phone interviews. Walls not quite thick enough, hence the farting noises, yet thick enough that the strain is deafening to the ears. Plus she may be taking dimensions and whatnot preparing for the next dude to hold up that office space. It's just a matter of time. Seems like y'all asses have cake walks round them parts.

And bone-catcher... I hate suck- ups.

ChezNiki said...

Maybe Broccoli has a crush...
:-P

Angel said...

be careful of office broccoli because she could be doing just what the real vegetable does and leaving you with shit!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

more blog please!