Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Focus/H.O.P.E.

I had the weirdest thing happen to me today. I applied for this gig in Maryland via email. Within the span of 30 minutes, I was on the phone being interviewed! Needless to say I was impressed with their interest.

The cost of living is off the chain, but the title and gig are quite similar to what I do. It would just be a promotion from Deputy Director to Director. I know I can do it, but the prospect of moving is giving me bubbleguts.

Speaking of which, I should be mindful of how thin these walls are. I've had so many interviews on my celly in my office, I oughta be ashamed of myself. I know these muthafuckas can hear me. Just like I can hear Shitty McNotwashhands, aka Gene , aka Mr. Asparagus BREAKING WIND FOUR TIMES EVERY HOUR in the office next door.

At this point I know I've checked out, it's just a matter of where I land, so I really don't give a fuck. I'm just focused on getting out.

Salut,
KZ

10 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

So you and Mr. Asparagus kinda bond...his farting and your bubbleguts and all...

Maryland? Yay! My godchildren won't be so far from me... not like living in S.A.

TAD...no usher...I wanna be a flower girl...*huge cheesy smile*

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

maryland is quite lovely, lots of beautiful black people and a great place to raise kids!!

Anonymous said...

You are funny to me. You better stop making calls from your office. You wanna quit not get fired.

The whole DC area is cool. Good Luck!!

proacTiff said...

First your visual. Then the auditory.

Ew.

Grossed,
Pro

proacTiff said...

Nosey me back to add fire = unemployment aka gobment check. Let 'em play with fire...

1969 said...

I used to live in Maryland and loved it. You will be close to VA, DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC.....what's not to love?

Little Brown Girl said...

Dayum now I don't live in Maryland anymore so I can't complain about the shytie job you end up doing LOL!! *jk*

Seriously, it would be nice to have you on this side. Stack some paper between now and then cause they killin us over here with the cost of living...BUT one this is for certain, there are black folks all over the state...you will be in Heaven (and TAD will like it too...I betchu :-)

Knock em' out Zed, Knock em' out Zed!

onefromphilly said...

Redskin territory?
or
Raven territory?

Angel said...

i am SOOOOO at that point as well. i used to wake up and say, "just make it to may." and no i wake up and say, "just make it to december." :-/

sj-the-infamous said...

Maryland...oh I LOVE Maryland! What's NOT to love about Maryland? I wish I could go back sometimes, but I can't. I hope you can though -- truly!