Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Sweetest Day

Hola, muthafuckas! This is the end of my work week. I'm taking Friday off and I'll be hangin' in the D. In the midwest, Saturday is Sweetest Day, which quite frankly didn't mean shit to me until last year. I'll be celebrating the one year anniversary of my first date with the anointed one, Young T.A.D. up in this piece.

Time kinda flew, but then again it didn't. Shit, I'm IN the relationship, so I know how hard it is to keep one afloat, especially a long distance one. But it's working, working like a muthafucka.

I'mma try to recreate the first date completely, including the hot sex. (Just kidding, sweetie!!!) If her ex calls like he called on the first date, I'mma hafta ride on an African.

One year in, I have to look at the future. It looks bright but I still don't know where we are going to land, here in Michigan or elsewhere.

The one thing you can take from this is that I love her more than The Low End Theory, and that's saying something.

Be Sweet,
KZ

P.S. Next Tuesday will be like Christmas for me. Don't sleep!!!

13 comments:

aquababie said...

how sweet! enjoy your weekend and your anniversary :) so...has TAD finally soothed the savage beast known as zed?? LOL

and i can't wait on the LB cd either. i've worn the minstrel show out.

nikki said...

man, zed is nose open! THAT'S WONDERFUL! congrats on the one-year anny. and yeah, if i have to play the minstrel show one mo time i'm gonna break that damn cd.

Little Brown Girl said...

OH SHIT!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

like virginia slims you've come a long way baby.

i can't tell you how wonderful it is to read this post. honestly, life mustn't be so bad from where you're sitting!!

1969 said...

Now this is the type of shyt I like to see over here. Zed is in love people. (And it sounds like he's happy.) Congrats to you and TAD.....do the damn thing.

proacTiff said...

So, you really try'na bring the line, "look into 'TADs' eyes and really trip over how happy we could be," into fruition. 365 days fruition. Even if the eyes are blindfolded by distance, it's all about the visual baby!

I never knew how impo'tent that fucking day was until my college roomie, from Southfield made a big boyfriend stink about it. Now I'm married to a February 14th baby. If it weren't for that, even that date wouldn't mean Jack Shyt to me.

Honesty is the best policy. Happy Sweetest Day...

proacTiff said...

Oh! Hope you have "The Sweetest Hangover" from steamy nekkid sex and shyt. But, please, no cartoon visual aids.

Blah Blah Blah said...

...you know I had something smart to say...but I'll keep it dumb since we don't want TAD to know about us...

I'm happy for TAD but I am more happy for you because you won the battle!
I love knowing my friends are in love.
Enjoy your weekend...and TAD...it's all in fun ...enjoy that big ol' playground you got girl!

onefromphilly said...

I like what I'm, reading here!!

1 year is a good milestone to reach. I want to read something like this again next year :-)

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

congratulations.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

*double take*

Did you say...SWEETIE?

Woooow!

Have a great weekend and have fun recreating the date.

Liv For Me said...

Wow. No cynicism, no sarcasm, no negativity...*Jaw droppin*
Congrats to TAD for making this part of you come to the surface...
Happy One Year!!!!

Mr.Slish said...

Think i'm gonna vomit...LOL..I didn't come over here to hear that ..lol What happened to hat angry African we all know and luv...