Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lick The Cabals

Say kids, how's tricks? Good I hope. I'm just trying to keep my head above water, enjoying the first good nights sleep I've had since moving to this hunk of compost. When I woke up everything was right with the world. Then I remembered that murderer's row of meetings I had planned for today. All of a sudden, it's not so rosy.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist. At least not anymore. I used to be hella paranoid, but now, I pretty much take shit at face value. If it walks like a bitch and talks like a bitch, guess what? But being here in this place and time, I'm starting to put more stock in this idea of cabals, that is little conspiratorial groups plotting to move forth an agenda. I see them muthafuckas at work on the daily.

We got p-dub (short for P.W. T. or poor white trash) cabals, white women cabals, black women cabals, management (which is basically white men) cabals, and divisional cabals. All these different interest groups are vying for my attention and trying to get me to rule in their favor surrounding some disagreement or another. I don't give a fuck about people trying to lobby me, it's their perogative. It's the reaction of the other groups when I do make a decision. The ripple effect is fierce. The way one group steps up their performance when a decision favors one of their own and the way another group starts to make a lot more mistakes when a decision doesn't go their way. I'm used to seeing shit like this on an individual basis, but damn, these folks got some serious solidarity going on here.

I think this shit is an offshoot of having no fucking life. Groupthink sets in when a muthafucka lives in an echo chamber hearing their own ideas come back at them from different mouths and shit. When your job is your life, everything and everybody there has an increased importance.

When I come to work everything and everybody looks like a stepping stone. Give me one good opportunity and I'm out this bitch. I had to turn down a phone interview for this job out in Cali because my schedule was too tight here. Why was it too tight? Because these muthafuckas had in house conflicts, so I had to meet with a hundred niggas in a short time span to get this shit settled. They musta knew I was trying to jet! It's all a fucking conspiracy!

On The First Thing Smoking,
KZ

P.S. I gotta a lunch date with Jayne Kennedy tomorrow. Wish me fuck!

3 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

You've just deciphered my work environment "down to the very last compound" (KRS-ONE)...It's scary.

Good luck on your date!

Disco said...

Good fuck nigga..... i know you don't need it *grimace* :-)

sj-the-infamous said...

Lunchtime fuck is a stellar way to get out of "groupthink" mode, trust!