Thursday, January 04, 2007

Reachin' (A New Refutation Of Time And Space)

It's so good to be here...

Which one of these kids doesn't belong here? Is it the incompetent one? The morose one? Or the one with the gas can and matches looking for directions to the wooden bridge?

I'm most certainly addicted to the travel box (i.e. the internet). Most certainly. It's how I get to see how everybody else is living, not just wondering if I'm the only one like this. Otherwise, I'd be stuck in my head all day, looking for an escape.

I've voluntarily stepped into a community that I'm the least valued member of. Somebody gotta go. That's the thing: you can't say you haven't been told when you've been told repeatedly. "I'm not ready. I need time. It's not you it's me." I'm Gil.bert Ar.enas (fellow Black Cuban), doing the incredible, toiling in obscurity, while these St.eve N.ash/D.wyane Wa.de ass Africans get all the glory.

But still...it's so good to be here...

The first work of the first week of the new year is establishing that quality I've been talking about. What my focus should be and how to get from HERE to THERE. I'm trying to block out all other distractions and bullshit. I always get caught up in nuance, all the little shit. "What did that mean? Was that some sort of subliminal message?"

I'm sooo ready to complete a writing project. This is when I'm at my most competitive. "Muthafucka, I'll out-write ya. Count on it." All in all...

It's so good to be here...

KZ

17 comments:

1969 said...

Uh....Okay. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i never realized writing was competitive...hummm

interesting!

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
Why'd you take down Wonder Woman?
Not that I mind the replacement, but still...

@Miss Ahmad
Everything is a battle. You should see me in the sack!

KZ

BZ said...

Read This about Black Cubans in Tampa/Ybor City.

A couple of Noteworthy Black Cubans (aside from Celia Cruz and the MLB players): Nicolas Guillen (poet), Ibrahim Ferrer (musician), Brindis de Salas (violinist)

Knockout Zed said...

@BZ
Nice site. My grandparents were definitely in that mix. My father was talking about the Black Cuban community in Tampa when I was there. There really was not a lot of love for Black Cubans by other Latins.

KZ

onefromphilly said...

I like this 07 attitude. Is is contagious like chicken pox? Can I rub you and catch some of it?

SynSational said...

Diggin your new outlook....I see you, I see you.

i like liquor and tv said...

we jazz up the streets to prove we have beats, fat jazz fat style and a sound so sweet

Knockout Zed said...

@OneFrom
I gotta be upbeat about even the worst shit. I won't make it otherwise.

@Syn
I'm just trying to build some quality over here.

@L and TV
I think you might be the only one who got the reference. I shoulda known.

KZ

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, sweetie.

Ok now the pleasantries are out of the way, honey you seem to be becoming more and more miserable about this lack of writing. As much as we hate to see you go too, dammit it might be time for you to get off the pot already.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ooh i'm kinda slow, i get it you're gonna quit blogging too.

makes sense, have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny. Everytime I come here I say "What did that mean? Was that some sort of subliminal message?"

I'm with miss ahmad ... i just got it. I'm slow ... still recovering from the fishnet fiasco.

Anonymous said...

Negro...get to writing!

I'ma definitely miss seeing into your brain, but the real writing...that's what's up.

Knockout Zed said...

@Beauty
Imma stay on this here pot for a minute longer.

@Miss Ahmad
I'm not a quitter. I'm an asshole. Shit keeps on coming outta me.

@Chele
This whole blog has been subliminal. The entire thing. All allegories and parables. I'm dead serious.

That babe was looking for guidance!

@TS
I was writing at lunch today. It'll get done.

On another note, didn't I tell you about Downtown? That's what's up!

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

there's nothing wrong with quitting that's what's wrong with half the folks anyway...they hang on when they should let go.

quitting simply means cutting your loses and going out on top!

Angel said...

happy new year zeddy-kins!!!! :-)

The Dog of Freetown said...

Inspriring.
Game on.