Monday, November 14, 2005

Pyramid Scheme

What's crackin' Rhesus, Capuchin, Mandrill, et. al.? I just wanted to let y'all know that I love to read. Love it, love it, love it. Mostly non-fiction, so that means I skip a lot of blogs. Just kidding(!). Nah, I'm reading y'all. A lot. And I've come to a startling conclusion. There are a great deal of people that equate "sex" with doing wrong or being wrong. In addition, the act of withholding or denying one's self sexual pleasure is akin to nobility. It should come as no surprise to you that I'm here to argue the opposing point of view.

How many of you have taken sociology classes? Show of hands, please. That many, hunh? How many of you remember Maslow? You know Maslow. The "hierarchy of needs" cat.

His pyramid outlining the path to self actualization has at it's base physiological needs. If one does not take care of one's basic needs on each level, that person will not be as successful fulfilling needs on the subsequent level. Well my good friends, sex is on the bottom level of that pyramid.



I maintain that we (and by "we" I mean "you") are driving ourselves crazy trying to suppress a basic physiological need. It's like sleep deprivation. Prior to "our" entry to the western world, into "civilization", it was recognized that we performed certain rituals at puberty and entered into adulthood. At that point, the pursuit of marriage and a sexual relationship was encouraged.

In the modern world, we reach the age of "sexual maturity" at puberty and we spent the next 5 to 6 years not having sex because we are being "good" and waiting until it is legal. Then we are still holding off until the sex until we find "the one". If we held off eating until we found "the one most nutritious food" we'd be fucking anorexics. But we're not. We're the fattest nation on the face of the fucking earth. I don't want us to be hypocrites and shit.

What I'm trying to say is that this sex deprivation is making us (and by "us" I mean "you") INSANE. You're not in your right mind. Ladies, go get some dick. Please. For humanity's sake.

Your Only Friend,
KZ

13 comments:

Disco said...

hmmm.... I think I'll send this to ha girl aka Victoria Virginity to let her know just HOW wrong she was alllllllllllll those years! HA HAA!!!!

~ Eclectic Soul ~ said...

Man, if I had some decent options round here I'd be tryna give it away, *lol* I'm involuntarily celibate right now coz of my serious aversion to busters... been there, done that, not goin back. If I met a decent one here it'd be Thug Nite in the Sho-Sho Corral, belee dat!!!

*debil horns*

The_Practitioner said...

Dr. Zed,

Once again you have hit the proverbial nail right on the head. We should not deprive ourselves but rather embrace our nation's gluttoness tendancies and gourge on this basic need - much the way we have done with food. Stuff yourselves b!tches! It's a celebration (lol).

TRUTHZ said...

mmmm...so you think we would die if we didn't have sex? i bet you were one of those dudes that told gurls if you didn't get none your dick was gonna blow up...lol...always keepin it real, i like that

Pamalicious said...

In leiu of flowers you can send donations to the "Society for If you present a more compelling game I'll open my legs as wide as the Michigan River" Association - membership pending.......

Sorry my therapy session is starting, I'll be back.....

Butterfly Jones said...

Oh, hahaha. You almost got me, but that post didn't make me want to fly to the US of A to get my toes sucked!

Didi Roby said...

Is that pyramid for real? Copy and paste has been done...now send....to a couple of niggs I know:)

What's good Papi?

twin said...

Your parents would be proud. An MSU education at its best.

toneec42 said...

My darling Zed,
I have always believed sex is amazing. Or is that "my sex is amazing?" Anyway... if my man (dick) was in the near vicinity I would be all over it (pun intended) all the time. My poor future husband may never put any clothes on.

Chubby Chocolate said...

BRAVO!! BRAVO!!!

Now laying on my Freudian couch:
My major was psychology in undergrad and am also a fellow A.D.I.D.A.S member....I APPROVE THIS POST! :-)

Knockout Zed said...

@Keke
Thanks for inspiring the Maslow post. Our conversations are worth something after all.

@Disco
If VV had gotten this around 1995, she might have been the first Mrs. Zed.

@ES
Don't get caught slippin' on I-94. It'll be pledge week.

@SD
I'm about to make t-shirts with this pyramid on it, just as a reminder.

@Truthz
My favorite shit was always the "friendly massage". "I know you've been stressin' lately". Then, wham! In them guts!

@IBW
Post them 50DDs!

@Pammie
OK, Pammie. You got me! But this is the best I can do. I am, at heart, a nerd. So sue me!

@Butterfly
Baby, you know me and you have something so special, no diagram, no pyramid could ever describe it!
*Is that better Pammie?*

@Dee-Dee
That pyramid is 100% legit. I studied it in school and MsKeKe studied it in school a full 10 years later. I'm asking you not to give it up, unless the nigga's name starts with a "Z".

@Twin
This is some ol' Erickson Hall/Kedzie Hall shit!

@T-Boogie
It is a scientific fact that a man, in good health, cannot be fucked to death. Do ya thang, sista!

@CC
My sister, my sister! You could read this post anxiety free, fulfilled in Maslow's hierarchy. Show us your tits!

KZ

Blah Blah Blah said...

lol @ scietific fact...silly man

i am coming up on my 4th month of "celibacy"...does gettin' head count? cullingus isn't sex...Bill said so.
so, let me think...AM i not fufilling a basic need? hmmmm, sometimes early in the morning between dusk and dawn...i get this feeling that if i don't have the dick i'mma lose my damn mind....but then, i pull out something better than a man...and bzzzz my ass back to sleep...satisfied. so, in part your theory is correct regarding basic needs but regarding actual insertion ...i think i am doing just fine Zed!

Knockout Zed said...

@ Alli
We can always do better. Can't we?

KZ
Michigan Representative - Council Of Creative Knowledge (M.R.- C.O.C.K.)