Friday, February 09, 2007

Agenda

I pride myself on knowing a lot about word origins and roots. I've spent a lot of time expanding my vocabulary that way. I don't know what the origin of the word "agenda" is, but I'm sure it's from a Norse origin, with the original meaning "list of the forgotten and ignored". How many more meetings can I go to where the central topic is glossed over while bastards have "remembering contests". "Remember Ralph Finecrantz? He operated the drawbridge on 8th Street? He used to have a similar issue with his staff. Ol' Ralph and his trademark suspenders. They were bright red as I recall. He died in a gruesome dogwalking accident in '78. He loved that dog. It was named Eisenhower. Tragic accident. Gool ol' Ralph."

Meetings are officially number four on my things I hate to do most.
  1. Drowning puppies
  2. Listening to "Spoken Word" performances given by the bastard children of The Last Poets.
  3. Watching montages of any reality show contestant's time on his/her show, set to the tune of Daniel Powter's "Bad Day".
  4. Meetings
So I've been involved in at least 13 meetings involving Clocktower and his falsified work time. Thirt-muthafuckin'-teen. You wanna know what my boss concluded? Verbal warning. The time spent investigating his work habits, documenting his discretions, confirming that he made up meetings and appointments he didn't have, and 13 meetings later, we're gonna give him a good talking to? Why did Mi.chig.an have to outlaw throat-chops?

Today I have one meeting. One SCHEDULED meeting, that is, because muthafuckas will drop in off the cuff to talk about their itchy ballsacs or their kid's violin recital. It might be a function of being the "manager they like". I don't know how I got that designation, but it proves one thing. People don't ever really know what lurks in someone's heart, 'cuz I hate they asses.

Yo, yesterday the photographer came to my crib and took my flick for the newspaper article I told y'all about. He took about a gazillion pictures. There's only one in which I smiled. I know I looked like a fuckin' goofball. How much you wanna make a bet that's the one they choose for the article. I asked him when it was gonna be in the paper. How's about that shit is gonna run on VALENTINE'S DAY? I think I might be set up to look like a damn loser, fa real. "This man is lonely on Valentine's Day, please donate pussy or an undented canned good at this address..." *sigh*

Y'all Africans stay out of trouble.

Peace,
KZ

20 comments:

mrs.tj said...

13 meetings and a verbal warning...LOL! That must be the life. But now Clocktower is going to have EVERYONE looking at him. He will get his written warning soon. Clocktower like men never change thier habits and they will always act like Biotches!
Valentine's day...I am married and still end up kicking it by myself shopping, hubby is soooo anti social. But as long as I get a ruby or a diamond I am cool. I mean you can "look" like you are lonely then you can really BE lonely...hell! I pick just looking lonely, even if it is in the paper. HA! Holla!

Anonymous said...

A verbal warning??? With all the documentation that you all have gathered it should be enough to fire his triflin' behind.

I think you're right about the article. Sounds like they are going to add a pitiful twist to it.

SynSational said...

Hey Zed! I've been in and out of the blog thing, and haven't had a damn thing to write for real. There's things going on with me, but not things I wanna write or hell, have the energy to write. Feel me? So I'm just like, 'f' it.

I'm still checking in on ya though!

Miz JJ said...

That is so some serious bullshit. I worked at a job where a dude was really abusive to people. One time he even threw a telephone book at someone's head and the same type of shit. A dozen meetings later he got a verbal warning. Ridiculous. I wish management in unionized environments would have some balls and really act. Say we have the dirt on you and you are on probation. One more fuck up and you are out the door.

Awww...you need to link to that paper. Your readers should get to see the article.

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

I agree with MizJJ...I want to see ZEDMAN and hear what he's talkin bout on V-DAY of all days....the week after send a update statement: ZEDMAN has found love thanks for the donations they will be put to a good cause! U r in love right???

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

screw valentines day!

screw meetings!

we had three meetings about the meeting that's not until today this week, and i almost had a conniption fit.

i can't focus for more than an hour at a time, so i start in with the remember so and so shit too...

Angel said...

hell naw for all those damn meetings and all that happens is a verbal warning! shyt, that aint even WRITTEN! is he a union employee? is he somebody's son/nephew/uncle/boyfriend/husband/illegitimate seed? or was he just grandfathered in somewhere?

i feel you on being the manager/supervisor that everyone loves to talk to (i.e. they're TOO comfortable). my 50-year-old admin. asst calls me at home whenever he's not coming in for the day.

him: "angel, this is ***" i'm not gonna be in today"

me: "oh. ok."

him: "yeah, i'm not gonna be in today because i've been up all night vomiting, and having the diarrhea, and i just got in the bed at about 3 AM."

me: "oh. ok."

him: "yeah, i've been up all night with all this coming from every orifice so i wont be in today angel."

me: "oh. ok. see you tomorrow."

1969 said...

Gotta love the Unions. A verbal warning? NICE....

As for your undented canned donations...LMAO!

You know they are gonna use the goofiest picture right? It's called Karma.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i can't wait to hear the stories about every woman you've ever known resurfacing because they saw the article and thought you might need some company.

this is gonna be awesome!!

carmel, batshit all the good ones!!

Anonymous said...

LMBBAO@ the undented canned goods
((catching breath))

...after that article runs, you better make sure the donated p*ssy is undented as well...

:-o

aquababie said...

are they scared of ths cat or something? he got nekkid pics of somebody??

i love valentine's day because it's my bornday...plain and simple :)

as for the article, i would love to see it. and yes, you better get a new glove to catch all the new cooch that's gonna be thrown at you ;)

onefromphilly said...

That article better not make you look like some charity case! That might bring too many roaches out of the woodwork, they'll be blowing up your email. Thinking that you miss their character azz's. LOL
We might miss the stories about them, but I'm sure you don't miss writing about them!

Don't ya just love V-day.

Knockout Zed said...

@Mrs TJ
How I wish being anti-social got me off the hook!

@Chele
See? See what I'm sayin'?

I'm about to look like a superloser.

@Syn
Good. Now post some booty shots.

@Miz JJ
This fool should be at home wondering where his next meal is coming from. Instead, he's laughing at us. Whatever, man.

I'll tell you what, I'll copy and repost the article so I can delete the name and the city. Cool?

@GG
No, I am not in love. I'm just not interested in checking out anyone else right now.

@Miss Ahmad
Valentine's Day is the anniversary of my crossing into my frat. That's why I celebrate.

Meetings are almost completely unnecessary in the electronic age. That shit sucks.

And if them chicks resurface, they'll get their feelings hurt.

@FA
That "too much information" thing. *sigh* I wish I could shake it. I wish they could shut the fuck up.

@Sixy
Yay unions!

I think when the photographer snapped the shot I was saying "Duuuuuhhhhhhh".

@Chezniki
I've got a sure-fire method to knock the dents outta pussy, believe me.

@Aqua
Valentine's baby! Your parents shoulda named you Cupida.

Read my lips: No new cooch!

@OneFrom
Everytime I look back in my archives, I really can't believe some of the shit I was doing with those chicks. I really can't believe I was tellin' y'all about it! But I ain't goin' back. I can't.

KZ

aquababie said...

dude, my name was almost valentine! this is no joke! thank the creator my folk had sense :)

Little Brown Girl said...

If you get some canned corn I'll gladly take it off your hands (as long as it's not creamed corn...I hate creamed corn...but I love the regular whole kernel corn).

Oh and I'll be checking to see how I can get a copy of the V-day issue of Satan's Anus Press...you know I know where you live PLAYA!!! I can't wait to read the article.

Don't let the meetings get to you...without them you'd actually be expected to do some real work...find the blessing behind the silver lining!!!

Have a good weekend Papi!

DivineLavender said...

Zed, you bring me joy everytime I come here.


You just bring me joy.


I can't ever stay out of trouble...

Somebody...quick pray for me or kill a goat...

Something!

La Diva Latina said...

Forgive me, been catchin up...since the other post about you kissin necks and stuff, the rest is like "blah, blah" then I see "pussy and canned goods" like huh..LOL
Undented fa real.
Put them lips away, they look dangerous..
*MUAH!*

SynSational said...

U's a mess. Booty shots? What booty shots? LOL

BKBajan said...

Happy bootleg love day - how did the article work out - did they make you look good?

Supa said...

I've got some dented canned goods for ya.