Friday, February 23, 2007

The Gorilla, The Kitten, and The Mongoose

Wow. OK, when this was happening yesterday, I had just posted. I felt like reposting immediately but I decided to wait. Besides, I still didn't know how I was gonna write this. Would it be straight dialogue exchange or in story form? I'll do my best to convey the gist of it.

A couple of days ago I got a series of texts from Carmel. I haven't talked to her since this day and hadn't talked to her for months before that. She was texting me about Fo.urth Fr.iday. Asking me the time and other details. Then she texted me and asked if I was going to ignore her if she came. I told her "no" and I thought that was that. I wasn't going to give her any real time, but I didn't want her to feel unwelcome either. I'm trying to make money and every little bit helps.

So yesterday, she calls me. I look at the phone for a second and contemplate answering. It's never a straight forward conversation. It's always complex and super-ghetto. But I pick up anyway.

She's telling me she just got out of jail. She was dropping her kids off at school in her pajamas and a robe. Afterwards she went to the police station to clear up a situation with an outstanding traffic warrant she had (still in her muthafuckin' pjs!!!)and they threw her in the lockup. Apparently she was only in for about 4 hours, but she was supposedly shook.

"I just need something. A drink or something" she told me yesterday at noon. I listened, just adding the appropriate amount of "Dang. That's fucked up." Then she asked "How's your sex life?" "Peachy. My shit's great." She didn't need to know about all the beatin' off and shit. "You want it to be better?" I laughed at that. "Naw, I'm cool just like it is." "Are you seeing somebody?" "Yeah. I got somebody back home."

This is where it gets interesting. Carmel says "Well shit, you can still have friends. We friends." "Naw, un-uhn. I told her all about you. She knows about our past." This is when Carmel snapped. She starts yelling at me, "Why would you tell her all about us? You got so mad at me for not respecting your privacy and you go and not respect mine. How the fuck are you gon' tell your woman about what we did? Do you remember? You stopped talking to me over some shit just like that! You ain't shit!"

At this point you're asking, "Zed, why entertain the phone call?" I'll tell you why, Nosy. A ghetto broad really knows no boundaries. She'll bail her little ass up to my gig wearing pajamas and buggin' out. I need her to get off the phone feeling like the matter is settled.

"Listen Carmel, you brought you ex's best friend to meet me. Your ex who was still trying to get with you, your ex who was calling me and hanging up like a bitch. You brought HIS BEST FRIEND to meet me. What part of the game is that? I told someone I'm trying to be with in the future about my past. The situations don't equate. You see the difference?"

She responds, "You didn't have to tell her about me. We can't even say more than 'hi and bye' to each other now. You fucked it all up." "I might have fucked up from your perspective, but I'm not trying to make her look like a fool if we're going to be together. Don't be all upset and shit. I gotta get off the phone, but I want you to come out to our shit regardless. We need you there."

"I'll talk to you later", was all she said. It sounded kind of ominous.

Be Easy,
KZ

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you took the sails outta shorty's wind. she's must have been getting off on all the cloak n dagger, skullduggery ish. now she knows theat TAD knows about her, she feels lie a marked chick....lol


drama

Anonymous said...

theat = that
lie = like

too early in the morning for this ish.

Miz JJ said...

Maybe you can get a restraining order. Lol. Don't be so hard on her. Crazy women need love too.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for being a stand-up guy.

In her pjs? Geez.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

poor carmel, she just can't catch a break that one.

ps~for some reason this post reminded me of slish when he was in love...

Knockout Zed said...

@Ab
She's not marked, I just need her to know she can't come back.

@Miz JJ
Crazy women USED TO get love too. I'm learning.

@Chele
I'm not really that much of a stand up guy. It was moreso me not wanted to deal with her ass!

Yeah, her pjs.

@Miss Ahmad
Why would this post remind you of Slish's posts? I'm not in love!

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

you used the "l" word not me...for the record. I just said it reminded me of....

1969 said...

It's like that when you have to let chickenhead's know their place.

She's will find another rooster at the party and be all good.

aquababie said...

if i've said it once, i'll say it a million times...
carmel= crazy woman cooch!

i'm glad to here you told her what's up. i just wonder will it stick.

BKBajan said...

She is going to act real ghettofied at your function.
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, ZED!!! After reading this post, Ima stay home, drank some leftover VSOP, cross my legs, watch Law and Order...

...and stay the f*ck off the telephone! Seeing this stuff from the male point of view is VERY helpful.

Carry your mace to the Frat Bizness Party. Im with OneSexy over there, it might get live up in there... outstanding warrant, my a$$!

Disco said...

wow.....TAD ain't gon like thiiiiiis...... LOL

But she will be aw-ight :-) You did the right thang homie.

DivineLavender said...

Z; I shocked you got womenzz like that around you...How did that happen? Did you find her at a Currency Exchange or something?


LMFAO!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Uh huh, lil' Miss PJ's is pissed because she was expecting you to "trip and fall" back into the past.

Po' BooBoo.

onefromphilly said...

Just look at it like this...once you leave The Anus, and change your cell phone #, you'll never have to talk to or see Carmel again.

Carmel is the kind of person that crosses your path in life just to make sure that when someone WORTH comes along, you recognize. Like reminding you constantly of what you DON'T want!

Angel said...

"Then she asked "How's your sex life?" "Peachy. My shit's great." She didn't need to know about all the beatin' off and shit. "You want it to be better?" I laughed at that. "Naw, I'm cool just like it is."

this dialogue right here was even better than all of the superbowl commercials of the past two years!!! CLASSIC!