Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pretty Petty

I'm sitting in my second evening meeting. The first went from 6 - 7 pm. This one, the city commission meeting, started at 7 pm. People are in rare form tonight. The 6 pm meeting was a finger pointing extravaganza, with students from Satan's Anus University accusing the po-lice of following "safe ride home" vans and then ticketing the exiting occupants for public intoxication. It's fucked up, but probably true. Joe Nab is pretty bored here, so they spend a lot of time fucking with people on minor shit. In rebuttal the Chief of Po-lice, African hater extraordinare, Chief Bitchmade, goes on a rant about the quality of his po-lice force. That was exciting shit. This second meeting was just like the first, only more so.

I'm sitting in this second meeting upset because I'm in my second meeting. These residents get up and start bitching during this public hearing about one of my proposals. Three different residents that I'd talked to privately, who privately agreed with the proposal, got up and savaged my shit. Now you'd think I'd be used to this, but I don't think I ever will. As I said in yesterday's post, I had a meeting with the commissioners on Friday to prepared for this meeting. But at the actual meeting, they acted shocked and dismayed at the allegations the citizens were making. I almost forgot this was an election year and the cameras were running.

My infamous "friend", the Vice-Mayor, called me up to the podium to explain how I could commit such an egregious injustice on the public. Fifteen minutes later, after being accused of everything under the sun, they passed my proposal. Politics.

The rest of the evening was filled with fanciful presentations on bullshit only a mother could love. I thought the night would never end. I'm sitting there next to my boss, texting out cries for help and wishing for a quick merciful death. I used to be in Detroit complaining about the shit residents would hold grudges about, but in retrospect, it was real shit. Small, but real. This shit, everything, from the petty staff stuff to the residents, to the politicians, is finally hitting that tipping point, to where I've had enough. I talked about staying until I learn what I need to learn, but I think I've learned it. I have the patience to wait for things that are worth waiting for, but I have no tolerance for unimportant shit. I believed all along that I was just an impatient, irritable person. I know better now. I don't have to stay here another minute to learn the difference between a small issue and an unimportant issue.

Be Safe,
KZ

14 comments:

Miz JJ said...

Everytime I read about the police antics in the states I am glad I do not live there. They are not angels in Canada, but they generally do not harass people.

Once I forgot my blackberry when I was on my way to a meeting. It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. Heh.

Is it time to leave SA??

Sheletha said...

i hate this new blogger...

onefromphilly said...

You've summed it all up. It's time to bounce!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i like it better when you take about the little man in the boat and stuff like that...

BKBajan said...

Hmmm, so does this mean you are moving closer to the "man in the boat? no more rations (wiping mouth from all that extra water/juice). Also, it doesn't matter which state you run too brotha, governmental bullshht is everywhere, you'll be at another meeting holding your head in your hand wondering why me.

1969 said...

You have outgrown your job.

Knockout Zed said...

@Miz JJ
The po-lice are a special breed. A special, sadistic, maniacal, arrogant breed.

It's time to go.

@Sheletha
I hate it too. Blogger tricked my ass into changing over.

@OneFrom
I'm finally really searching.

@Miss Ahmad
You want little man in the boat talk? I need material!

@OSB
You're right about the bureaucracy, but if I can have civilization too, I can live. No life and this bullshit? No thank you!

@Sixy
Tell me about it!

KZ

Angel said...

seems like police that work at colleges and universities would be more "sensitive" to issues that students have. not so much "lenient," but definitely more knowledgeable of student life. but then again, being on a campus, i know that to be untrue. yeah, there are some really good ones. but trust, there are some REALLY bad ones!

BZ said...

Get out while you can!!!

1969 said...

Yes. Two Talibans cost $400/week for daycare. Keep your baby mamas home and barefoot!

Shai said...

Fallen Angel, I have to say that campus police can be worse than the regular cops. LOL. I worked at a university and they can be a trip.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

umm i got this website i can "refer" you too, it's pretty inspirational from what I hear *wink*

DivineLavender said...

Campus police suck rat balls!

I would rather have the 5 year old, mentally challenged kids, yielding spray paint and masking tape to protect me on campus than those idiots!


Man, Bullshit is everywhere....Everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck on your move!

I know what you mean. After a while it just gets to be too much when there is bullsh*t in the office and no release or outlet (or additional frustration) when you leave the office. You just want to chew your leg off to excape the trap.

Side Bar: I thought the "Let me sink the little man from inside the boat" was a 'seaman's furniture' reference from Tribe. I got it totally twisted. Anyway, enjoy your swim upstream, Boo!