Thursday, February 01, 2007

Eye Know

...there's something betta than this. Your former (and present!) massas love to fuckin' hear themselves talk. I'm fielding phone call after phone call about this city commission meeting tonight. One after another. Fake ass, wannabe erudite muthafuckas trying to shoot holes in my proposals, talking about how it's gonna affect their neighborhood in a bad way. One muthafucka had the nerve to tell me my proposal was a de facto "taking" of his property. You see, some shit I wanna do will make it illegal for him to be a fuckin' slumlord, so he's mad he can't maximize his profits by having 30 people crammed into a one bedroom coldwater flat. So tonight I'll be at a meeting getting demonized by landlords and the like. While the cowards on city commission sit back and let me get maligned. "Fuck it, he ain't gotta run for re-election!"

...I should stand back and watch the big picture. Learn what I'm supposed ta learn and take it with me in my satchel. Droppin' science like seeds from a burlap bag during my travels, double-back and seek shade under the trees I helped plant. Mainly I know if I do not properly learn what I'm supposed ta I will be learning the exact same lesson in less than two years. So really, it ain't about fear, but about being too fearless, about believing I'm too peerless, to learn what I'm supposed ta be taught. It's not about the failure to acknowledge me, it's more like being a half assed Diogenes and valuing more shit than titles.

...I think too much. I think about that soft touch and those warm eyes. I tend to want to protect her from my perception of her vulnerability, though everything I've seen tells me she's stronger than I give her credit for. I understand more than she thinks I do. That's why I'm willing to wait.

Peace,
KZ

18 comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

if you don't fucken admit you're in love with this chic i'm gonna be forced to stop being your friend...

and don't let them marginal city folks get your blood pressure all high!

Knockout Zed said...

@Miss Ahmad
Who's this chick? I was talking about writing.

You made a comment so funny on my last post, I wept. I literally wept.

KZ

Anonymous said...

You are not talking about writing man! Just stop it already! Man up and get the damn woman. Now! Are you a pisces?!?! We piceans tend to over think shit.

P.S. Off to New Orleans this weekend. Yippee!

Miz JJ said...

If you let them those people at your work will kill you. Just smile and imagine that soft touch and warm eyes while they rant and rave.

lol @ angie.

proacTiff said...

If what you say is true ... "I was talking about writing," then I'm-ma have to lend you my secret title. ... Seeing you "literally wept," WIMP. Don't trip.
Writing
Is
My
Passion

I wouldn't come up in here, making threats, callin' you out your name. I'm-ma WIMP too.

That was some good stuff you spit.

Pro'

Little Brown Girl said...

*ehem* Ya see I had to clear my throat cause um that shyt was deep!!!

"Droppin' science like seeds from a burlap bag during my travels, double-back and seek shade under the trees I helped plant." WOW!!! What an awesome perspective...brilliant if only we can accept life for being just this way.

As for your little love affair thing...I'ma hush!!! No I ain't....DAYUM YO!!! It's like that?? Reading that part made me exhale with anticipation (of what I have no clue)...I hope she is reading (and if she is she gotta be smiling) cause I no dayum well that ain't about no dayum writing and so do you *hmpf*

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

you lie like a rug and umm about that comment it was the God's honest truth...i'm crushed the love of life sure ain't the love of my life no more...which is to say that I completed 20 pages of the manuscript this week:-)

Feel me!

Knockout Zed said...

@Angie
I don't believe in love. You trippin'!

Hold down the Cresent City!

@Miz JJ
That's a hell of a good idea. I should've thought of that before.

@Proactiff
Writing Is My Pussy. And I can't get enough of it.

@RD
You know I don't believe in love! I'm talking about writing. RD, you gotta know me better than that!

@Miss Ahmad
I really don't believe in love. But if you insist...

I've never heard a mustache refered to as "untrustworthy". LOL. I can't stop laughing!

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

African please!! None of your Ba Humbug madness will keep me from believing what I belive...

so moving right along!

Moustaches can be deemed untrustworthy , just take a look around you and tell me who you know with a little skinny ass moustache that you would trust.

now watch this movie so we can talk about what's really real!!

Anonymous said...

They will try to make you crawl
And they know what youre saying makes sense at all

...and if you know that reference, you are too old to have a Blog.

Yeah, you in love, Patnah. You post everyday, we can tell the difference in what you were writing six months back and what you are writing now.

Case in Point: You are waxing poetic about a city council meeting! So cute! LOL

Too bad those lips will be out of commission soon...
;-P

Angel said...

can't....

quite....

concentrate....

lusciously full lips....

crowding my mind....

please....

change....

your....

avatar....

PLEASE.....

1969 said...

Zed....you are definitely in love.
It ain't writing.

And that's cool. It really is :)

As for the City folks....f*ck em.
Learn as much as you can for the next gig.

Anonymous said...

F.O.S.

Knockout Zed said...

@Miss Ahmad
An untrustworthy mustache? An ex-hoe? Sounds like a juicy screenplay if you ask me!

Is this movie trailer clean?

@Chezniki
How do all of you get love outta this? My writing must suck.

@FA
You know that pic was a joke. My lips were all crusty from being sick, so I too a pic as a way to remember.

@Sixy
Fooey on love!

@Chele
No I'm not! Love sux!

KZ

onefromphilly said...

"I should stand back and watch the big picture. Learn what I'm supposed ta learn and take it with me in my satchel."

You understand that City Gov't game. You'll be OK. I had to laugh because this bought back those dreaded memories of City Council hearings and Community meetings where they would set me up as the fall girl. Ha! What they didn't realize was that I wanted nothing out of that game but a pay check. So I would take the heat and still be a damn good traffic engineer! I watched the big picture..,I learned from it.., took it with me.." good advice!

I believe you were talking about writing! *yeahright*

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

wow everybody's in love with the crusty...imagine how they'd look if he wasn't sick..

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That last paragraph was extra deep. You getting pretty damn close to Love Jones.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing because I just finished reading everyone else's comments. It's so obvious a blind man could see that YOU ARE IN LOVE. But, hey let me get out of grown folks' business. But, doesn't it feel good? When I read those lines it made goose pimples rise...maybe i'm just too much of a romantic.