Friday, March 09, 2007

The Great Gravy Conspiracy, Part 4

Everybody reading this knows I'm not a young man. I'm not even "youngish". I'm on the highway to 40. But for some reason, I always get the "you fell off the turnip truck", bargain basement, "this is the way of the world" talk from a lot of my "not that much more" elders.

It's not a big deal. People always wanna feel like they're imparting some wisdom on their younger counterparts, so if I can help them serve that purpose, it's fine with me. Drop knowledge 'til your heart's content, I won't stand in the way. I'll even listen, somewhat. The only reason I'm talking about it now is that it happened to me twice this morning.

I got the same warning from two different people in roughly the same timeframe . It was pretty strange. We were talking real estate in Satan's Anus. Both of 'em, separately, were asking me questions that I could answer, but didn't answer, because it likely would have bitten me in the ass. So I heard the questions and gave them advice on follow up questions for someone who would be willing to discuss these matters with them. Yeah, I know this is all pretty vague, but it's all I can comfortably write about.

Anyway, both parties, away from the other party, decided to bend my ear and talk about the backwards assed mentality of the townsfolks. They also decided to tell me not to trust Dubs, that Dubs was just trying subjegate and marginalize Black people in the city. Dubs didn't wanna see us make an honest buck. I shouldn't be fooled by them making nice with me, that I should always stay on my toes. It was a very interesting conversation.

What I mean to say is, it would have been very interesting if I was 16 fucking years old or something. You 'Bama ass Africans must not know 'bout me. Who are you schoolin'? Both conversations were made even more comical because both parties are...ready?...wait for it...wait for it...MARRIED TO DUBS!!! Raise ya fist! Black Powerlessness!

Now that shit is funny to me.

Be Safe,
KZ

8 comments:

Miz JJ said...

Sounds like a set-up. If I thought people in SA were smart enough to set-you up.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

usually i'm kinda swift but this one passed right over my head...

those people sound extremely marginal

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

i gotcha..and I can totally relate as I own a business in an all DUB industry that's in a shopping center of an all DUB neighborhood and I get at least 2 dubs a day telling me how I can better serve them and "how is the business going??" r u making any money? if that ain't a setup!
here's a tip...I've been doing this for 7 years I think I know what I'm doing, why am I here coz ya'll spend money on dumb shit!

aquababie said...

now that's funny!

that reminded me of that scene in "i'm gonna get you sucka" when the dub kids were reading the speech about kill the dubs....hilarious!

onefromphilly said...

Maybe their dumb azzes didn't realize that most of us won't take advice about the enemy from someone who's sleeping with the enemy!

Anonymous said...

Im with MizJJ. Sounds like a fishing trip where they are trying to get all in the bizness. See how long you intend to stay in The Anus, see if you wanna join the FishLipsPosse. If a third person asks you the same questions on Monday, check your phone(s) for a bug, LOL!

Oh yeah! And I luuuv when MFers try to explain things to me that I already know. Because I have a young looking face, it happens all the time. If I dont have time to listen, I cut em off at the pass... You have a young face too, what we can see of it...

:-P

1969 said...

I get this from DUB's all the time. Always imparting advice.

To be in my 30's and already a Director in the same company where it took you twenty years to get to the same level.....uh, I think I'm doing okay.

Little Brown Girl said...

Dubs and Dub lovers...we'd be lost without them, wouldn't we?