Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Simple Truths

If we are going to give public speeches, my fellow Africans, we should really learn more about conjugation and plural tenses of words. "Peoples, I were disappointed in the lack of fishes in the lake."

If you name your son "Marquis" or your daughter "Shaqua-anything", don't EXPECT to be sitting at a Harvard entrance interview in 18 years. I'm not judgin', I'm just tellin' you.

Your shit does indeed stink. Remember that.

An object's value never exceeds what the dumbest person you encounter is willing to pay (or do) for it. Not a penny more.

You never know how important a father is to a child until you meet a child with a lousy one. The proof is in the pudding.

Fuck what you say, I still find it amazing that you can dial 11 digits and speak to the person of your choice. It's fascinating to me.

...Or for that matter send a note across country for under 40 cents.

I love clumsy bitches named "Grace".

Most dudes act extra appreciative when receiving head, even when it's lackluster. We do it because we know it only takes the slightest thing to give a woman any excuse not to put the dick in her mouth.

The golden time of day: when you shut the fuck up and I'm reading something interesting.

If I was an NCAA basketball team, my record would have been 21-10, with an RPI of 68. Yeah, I woulda been on the bubble in February.

You knew the answer to that bullshit before you asked it.

Everyday, at some point in the day, I buss a freestyle. It's usually pretty wack, but I test it out, just in case I run up on a sucka MC.

If you could get away with it, without ANY chance of getting caught, you'd do it. That ain't guilt, potna, that's the fear of getting caught.

I got a gang of student loans to be able to do a job I'm positive I coulda done straight outta high school.

If you don't really fuckin' believe it, why should I?

That's All I Got,
KZ

17 comments:

Angie said...

Just asking, Do you know these clumsy Graces personally? I'm amazed at the internet. How does this magic work? LOL

Anonymous said...

thanks for another blog in the same day!!! My day is going to be perfect!

1969 said...

I tried but couldn't get past the Clumsy b*tches named Grace.....BWAHAHAHAHA

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i see you are full of vigor today huh? just smiling while the world smiles back huh?

aquababie said...

forget you man! my son spicy orange is going to harvard...just wait and see! LMAO

Knockout Zed said...

@Angie
There's a story behind that...

@Anon
I was just thinking about stuff. This isn't even included as one of the three I wrote yesterday. I'm in a writing mood.

@Sixy
If I could, I'd marry one, I swear.

@Miss Ahmad
The world is feeding me shit sandwiches right now. I laugh to keep from crying.

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

@Aqua
Spicy Orange might. Marquis ain't.

KZ

Miz JJ said...

I think I am going to go the way of the celebrities. I think I will name my child mango. First, my little mango will be completely fascinating. And little mango (it works for a boy or a girl btw) will definitely get into any of the Ivies.

You know what Chris Rock said. The only thing that stops most people from killing a loved one is an episode of CSI they caught one time. Truth!

I am still amazed at the internet. I asked the old people at my work how they worked before and they told me something about typewriters and memos. I am still baffled.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

if the world is feeding you shit sammiches, send 'em back and tell 'em that's not what you ordered baby...

you know better than that!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

just like Pavlov's dogs that salivated..A man will make u think what you're giving him is good but it's just a reflex..He has to take it..can't turn it away, a dog has to eat..no matter how lackluster the food

La Diva Latina said...

Preach, Zed, preach...
Tell me why I am $xxxxxxxx.xx in debt, finishing my second degree, because the first piece of paper didn't get me shit.
Conspiracy to get young impressionable teenagers/adults brainwashed into believing that they are paying into their own investment, when really we got to work for the next 50 years to pay 'the man' back...That aint right

Anonymous said...

I got a gang of student loans to be able to do a job I'm positive I coulda done straight outta high school.

That's it ... I'm taking the college fund and going to Hawaii!

onefromphilly said...

INTERNET??? Hell...I'm still fascinated by the fax machine! lol

BK said...

LMAO.. OMG.. see wow.. LOL

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

Anonymous said...

Condoleezza, Venus, Shaquille, Finesse, LaDainian, LeBron, Beyonce, Kobe (whose name means "tender beef" in Japanese?!?!) Barack Hussein (Obama) and Deval Laurdine (Patrick), the last two of whom actually graduated Harvard Law.

Not to mention the crowds of Ambers, Brittanys, Beccas, James' and Johns who fill the stage at the strip club, get dragged out of their trailer homes on COPS and show up at the house on the Dateline Predator show.

When we show up in person for the interview, the gig is up. Sh*t! I have French first and middle names, a Scottish last name, an Ivy league degree and a law degree on my resume and Im still looking for full time work. That's part of the oppression, believing that we can control racist hiring and admission practices by changing our names.

Might as well name your children freely, live a good example, give them strong self esteem, and be ready to fight for little LaKeishaQuayQuay whenever she is denied her due.

Knockout Zed said...

@Miz JJ
I started my first gig in pre-Internet America. Hell, we didn't even all have PCs on our desks. One year later we were wired and work hasn't been the same since. God bless cyberspace!

@Miss Ahmad
Sometimes I wonder if I know better...

@GG
Let a dude be critical of some head he's getting. Y'all already think you doing him a favor by TOUCHING his dick, let alone giving him a blow. So yeah, we fake some shit too.

@Curvy
I finally finished paying for my undergrad degree. I'm knee deep in paying for my grad degree. I swear my gig is mostly on the job training coupled with common sense. And yet we still point the youth down this same path.

@Chele
Do that shit and take me with you!

@OneFrom
On the real, that shit fascinates me too. The fax is fuckin' amazing!

@BK Diva
I try. LOL

@Chez
Re-read what I said. Don't EXPECT... not that your child can't be an exception to the rule, just don't expect it. I even wrote a post in support of naming our children what we want. The thing is everybody can't go to Harvard (or Cornell), Marquis probably is even less likely.

KZ

Enigma said...

Read you all the time. I am loving what you wrote about the golden time of day. I find that sentiment to be so true with some folks in my life.