Monday, September 24, 2007

Niglets

When I was a kid, I was inexplicably a huge fan of the HBO "comedy" show, Not Necessarily The News. NNTN was not very funny. In fact, it was pretty corny. But there was this one segment that always stuck with me, "Sniglets". Sniglets were made up words, according to the orginator, Rich Hall, that were used for things not in the dictionary but that we all had a common experience with. They were cute little words. Nothing "LOL" about them, but cute nonetheless.

I've been thinking about things that are commonplace in the African American community, but we don't give it a name per se, words that I call Niglets. I've tried to create a few.

Sibfrog - The child in-between two siblings with the same father that has a different daddy.

Merchmash - An asswhuppin' given to a child by a parent in a store or market, presumably after the child has continued to ask to be bought something.

Polemaid - The stripper cousin your wife had stand up with her at your wedding.

Founditure - Interior decorating done via booster.

Tithette - Your pastor's mistress/fuck buddy.

Evangicrush - Your favorite celebrity pastor.

Fratality/Sororloser - That dude/chick that dropped out or got kicked out of school right after they pledged.

Storker - Your girlfriend's baby daddy that won't stop trying to get back with her.

Flambroyant - Your gay brother.

I'm still thinking of shit. Please comment with your niglet if you got one.

Be Cool,
KZ

13 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

Flam Broyant is brilliant.

Ummm, I didn't grow up in the hood so I have no idea about hoodish shit.
Although...one of my fav's has always been bootydo...make sure you add that to your dictionary.

Make up a word for dudes with sloppy asses. Dudes that have asses like chicks...that's so not attractive.

Knockout Zed said...

@BBB
Bootydo is fantastic. The first time I ever saw it was when Sixy wrote it I think.

What about a duderiere? Like a derriere.

KZ

ChezNiki said...

Phone Shway (not to be confused with Feng Shui)-when the bill collector calls your home phone and you hand the receiver over to a toddler.

Snyder-A married guy who emphatically denies his Mistress' pregnancy while having "the talk" with his wife.

Carbonate-When you use the car you bought with your BabyMama to take your new Boo on a date.

those are made up, but in real life we had:
DSL: D*ck Sucking Lips (usually referred to a man wearing lipgloss)
BMH: Baby Making Hips (usually referred to a young girl with wide hips), and
AOL A$$ Out of Luck (self-explanatory)

@Blah - How about "FlapJack?" LOL!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

I don't have any niglets to add although i wish there was one to describe a spoiled ass 26 year old brother who won't leave his mother's house unless he gets a new Acura.

On a side note I introduced my mother to the word Niglet a while back and she's been joyously offending people ever since...it's pretty awesome actually!

Knockout Zed said...

@Niki
I need to find a toddler so I can do some phone shway!!!

Damn, I've never used DSLs to describe a dude. Yuck!

@AJ
BeeEm - A black man that refuses to work. BM, no W. LOL

Niglets are often progeny, but I like it in this context too.

KZ

Little Brown Girl said...

I'm back...did you miss me?

LMAO @ sibfrog...you are so eff'n wrong for that. But why do I have a cousin with 8 kids by 7 different men. The oldest and the youngest have the same daddy (no lie) so I guess that makes the other six all sibfrogs *DEAD*

Knockout Zed said...

@RD
You were ballin' in Miami, I bet. My pockets are on a diet, so I couldn't join ya. I hope you had an excellent birthday.

The oldest and the youngest have the same father? With 6 in between? That's the most amazing sibfrog experience I've ever heard of!!!

KZ

1969 said...

Napfusion- Often occurs when a whyte parent has an interracial child but doesn't know how to comb their hair.

Peaches Flambe- What you catch from the stripper at your ghetto cousin's bachelor party.

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
Napfusion is classic!!!!

But Peaches Flambe is not funny. Millions are suffering in quiet dignity as we speak.

**gentle sobbing**

KZ

1969 said...

"Off Whyte"- That one European that always tries to act EXTRA Hood when in mixed company.

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
I prefer Miscegenathan or Miscegenancy for a woman.

KZ

Minerva Exertion said...

OMG. I remember NNTN too. I still use the sniglet "essoasso". Anyway, I have one. It's corny, but I made it up a long time ago.

Niggamanian

There was this dude I worked with at my last job who told me he was Panamanian (sp?). There were no traces of Panama with this dude. No accent, nothing. He didn't even know how to speak spanish. I said "man you ain't Panamanian, you Niggamanian. Whatever." I've used that word ever since to refer to a black person that claim everywhere and everyone else than who they really are.

I apologize for the long comment.

Knockout Zed said...

@ME
You know what's funny? I got a Spanish last name and people always ask where it came from. I tell 'em my grandfather was Cuban and they ask how come I don't "claim" Cuban.

Right there's your answer. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck. In the U.S. of A., I'm a certified n*gga. That's all that matters.

KZ