Friday, July 27, 2007

Midnight Marauder

It's Friday again. Fou.rth Fri.day to be exact, and once again I'm having anxiety. I moved venues and I'm not sure if they'll be as prosperous at the new location as they were at the last. The last venue was pretty much a dump, so the patrons oughta be satisfied. It's summer and now we got a patio, so that's something, right?


I'mma treat this bitch like a costume party. I'm dressed like a southern lawyer with a seemingly crusty exterior, but actually has a heart of gold. "Why I'll represent that boy PRO BONO. Young rapscallion!"

Last night was interesting in the way that non-sexual activity is interesting sometimes. I went to the midnight premiere of The Simp.sons Mo.vie. This is an event I've waited for since I was 18 years old. I knew the dub would fuck it up the experience.

I had to be the oldest bastard there by about 7 years at least. These young fuckers hopped up on mar.iju.ana and Red Bull were the most irritating people on earth. This one cat was trying to save 10 seats IN A ROW. What part of the game is that? This is the movies, not a fuckin' conference or a cafeteria. You don't fucking need to sit 10 deep in a row. Why is that necessary? It was inconsiderate in a crowded theater. I'm glad I was already seated when he tried to pull that shit. I watched cats move to accommodate him. I bet he thinks that what life is like. Maybe it is for them.

I saw the movie and there was no way it could have lived up to my expectations. I wanted it to wash away the Millennial Si.mp.sons, basically. Erase the sins of the last 7 years where I watched the writing get lazy and downright stupid, where I watch out of habit and not because I expect to see anything funny.

Well, the movie is not a miracle worker, but it does DEFINITELY deliver the funny. I laughed throughout. The opening is hilarious if you like gratuitous violence. I'll probably go see it again so I can catch shit I'm sure I missed during prolonged yells of "whoooooo!" over dialogue.

That's all I got.

Be Easy,
KZ

20 comments:

Angie said...

Zed I wouldn't have guessed you're a "Simpsonite." Hmph, who knew?

In defense of Southern lawyers, they only dress that way on t.v. shows, I have never seen a real Southern lawyer in a white or seer-sucker (sp?) suit. : )

Miz JJ said...

I like the look.

Never did get into the Simpsons. I kept hearing it was genius, but I never really watched it.

proacTiff said...

I love the baby blue pin-stripes. And have I ever mentioned my men-in-glasses fetish. Yummy. Simpsons. Yucky. But, I'm sure your ass has a few choice words for LMN TV and other girly, non-crass shyt.

TGIF,
Pro

1969 said...

I love a man that can rock a sharp seersucker suit. Did you wear shoes or bucks? Bowtie or tie? I need details please.

And yes, I will probably go see the Simpsons as well. Glad to hear it was good.

Knockout Zed said...

@Angie
A true blue Simpsonite. Since day one.

Are you sure there's not a Seersucker outlet that only serves southern lawyers?

@Miz JJ
You've missed some real genius moments. If you're ever in the mood, rent any season, from season 2-7, and you'll get hooked.

@Pro
Is that a real fetish? Because I don't think I've been properly given my due if it is.

What's LMN TV?

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
I got on white loafers. I couldn't find bucks that I liked AND were a size 14. I wanted to rock a bow tie, but all my bow ties are too busy. I only have one solid bow tie and it's red, so that's a no go.

You will enjoy it. Trust me.

KZ

1969 said...

Zeddie...I saw a guy in a seersucker suit yesterday at Starbucks. WHite shirt, orange tie with navy accents. The light colored bucks.

He looked sharp and I am sure you do too. Work it out Zed...make some of those heffas buy you some drinks. :)

Anonymous said...

...size 14 shoe...
hmmm...I think I knew that info...but I didn't know...but now I know.

They do think that's what life is like... Probably is for "them".

Have a great weekend... you should AT LEAST get 20 ones. Tell 3 I said..."hey you"

Little Brown Girl said...

I have the same blazer/suit...J Crew Spring 2007 collection LOL!!

Like that you are slowly revealing the new look *wink*

Simpsons? Eh!!! But Ofays hopped up on Ganja and Red Bull is PRICELESS!

aquababie said...

you know i told i loved the look :)

back in the day, i had a seersucker outfit. you couldn't tell me i wasn't hot! i actually like seersucker.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ummm are you experiencing email problems again?

I will totally out seersucker suit you in my bermuda short seersucker suit, and i might go extra on you and tip the scale with a white panama, and a wife beater just cuz...i don't have a suit and tie kinda life!

that half of you looks handsome!
keep up the good work!

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
He was rockin' a good look. The only accessories I got is a white belt and white loafers. I'll do better.

@U know
I'll be at the Strippertorium, seething in disgust while Three is throwing money.

@RD
We could be seersucker twins one day and watch as our corniness quotient rises before our eyes.

@Aqua
You gots ta bring that seersucker back. It's time.

@AJ
Wow. I responded within minutes for the only email I received. YOU might have email problems! LOL

You'd blow me out the water with that ensemble. I can only do so much with limited looks/funds.

KZ

Minerva Exertion said...

Hi Zed. First time posting to your blog. Long time lurker.

Anyway, I love seersucker suits on men and women. I had one in light pink.

I love The Simpsons. I wish they would spin-off "Itchy and Scratchy".

Knockout Zed said...

@ME
Hey! Welcome!

I get a lot of love when I wear this thing. I've only worn it once in Michigan. I guess there are a few seersucker aficionados (sp) out here.

You know what? The Itchy and Scratchy prologue to the movie is the greatest. You gotta see it.

KZ

ChezNiki said...

Okay yeah, I can see the Southern Lawyer thing going on, with the haircut and all, but you must complete the look with suspenders and maybe one of those hats you would wear on a veranda.

I thought you might be a SimpsonHead. You and my (middle) sister have that Black Cerebral thing going on and she likes the Simpsons, so I thought you would too.

proacTiff said...

LMN = Lifetime Movie Network TV. And give "propers" time, like RD mentioned, you are slowing outing yourself. Fetish is real. I would have totally had a thing for the late Malcolm X. "Glasses" fugg "Juicy" can get me crazy. ...

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Pro is not the only one with the glasses fetish...it's real.

I mean really real
as in "honey can you just leave the glasses on" real

EqualOpportunityCrush said...

lmao@ southern lawyer in the a seersucker suit.. i'm envisioning you with a glass of sweet tea in one hand and a cigar in the other.

i might check out the simpsons movie today.. i just didn't want it to disappoint..

sj-the-infamous said...

So MUCH has changed around here...

Me think I'll be catching the Simpsons soon....the last time I went to see some cartoon movie made from a tv show, it was South Park, and I really didn't think I'd laugh soo hard. But I did fall out of my seat a few times. I guess its time to try again ha ha ha

Angel said...

i'm digging the pseudo-profile pic...i see you giving us a little bit at a time... ;-)