Friday, July 20, 2007

Oodles of O's

Yesterday I spent some time at "A Taste of Satan's Anus" (ummmm, as appetizing as it sounds!), the little, little, little tastefest held in my new hometown. It stretches almost half a block with exotic foods all the way from MEH-HE-CO and and other isolated outposts on the globe (Grand Rapids?). The kettle corn was mediocre. What does that tell you? The damn KETTLE CORN wasn't up to snuff!!!

I knew what I was getting into. I went last year, and yes, they still have the "cheesecake on a stick". I still haven't seen it. I don't think I want to.

Last year when I went, I went on a date. It was a blind date. I went with this chick I called "Blandette" in my blog. I actually got to focus on the festival this year. Hurray for me.

I hadn't planned on going but Jayne Kennedy asked me to come out and hang. She invited a few people, so I decided to go and hang out a while. I hadn't seen her in a minute, but JK is easing into "hot mess" territory. Her girls were funny. One of 'em is the older sister of this groupie I went to college with. The other one was this lady who insisted on saying "et" when she meant "ate". "Y'all ain't et yet?" Actually I take back what I said. They weren't that funny.

The music de jour, and every jour, was country western. There is some good country western music out there. "Honk.y Ton.k Badonkadonk" comes to mind. There was no good country western being played on stage. The crowd liked it, though. I guess that's all that matters.

I can tell just how bored I am by my level of tolerance for bullshit like this. I stayed from 5 to freaking 7:30 pm and I didn't even like it. It was just something to do. I'm glad I'm going to the "D" this weekend.

Peace,
KZ

10 comments:

onefromphilly said...

Don't you just hate when you do something to keep from doing nothing and the something was so boring you would have been better entertained if you had just done nothing?

Sheletha said...

okay back to amy winehouse...

fav. lyrics:
He could be your whole life,
If you got past one night,
But that part never goes right.

In the morning you're vexed,
He's onto the next,
And you didn't even get no taste.


"FUCK ME PUMPS"
FRANK.

Sheletha said...

Taste of Satans Anus??? And you went to that??? You can make some ribs at home

Knockout Zed said...

@OneFrom
Exactly! I hate that shit!

@SheShe
Ahhh....OK.

You know better than that. I don't eat no damn ribs!

KZ

Sheletha said...

quit yelling at me!!!! they don't have to be pork ribs....

Miz JJ said...

I saw Winehouse on some awards show. She was underwhelming to say the least. Her voice did not have even close to the same richness it has on CD. It might be all the crack cocaine and cigarettes.

JK and her friends sounds really interesting. And by interesting I mean tiresome.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

You a fool! I eat any kinda cheesecake, and I'll bet that cheesecake on a stick was good!

You love Detroit!
You wanna marry Detroit!

You wanna move to Detroit and have babies with it...and I think you should!

Anonymous said...

AJ is retarded fo sho... you loooove Detroit...Ha! too funny.

How are we back on AW... I don't like her. She looks dirty...and I mean dirty in a bad way ...DEF not dirty in a good way... I don't care how she sounds. I might just be a hater *shrug*...who knows...I do know, I ain't buying her shit though.

I hate kettle corn... sweet popcorn? Hell no...'lessin' it's some caramel corn.

Why don't you get back into drawing... or painting those canvases like before? That should unbore you... Ha!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

ok why country music?? I wouldn't have stayed past 5:13 lol
I've been to plenty of "tastes of the DC urrreaaaa" and the food (especially the Jerk chicken)
has always been OFF DA CHAIN..as they say there..

Angel said...

hell no for "honky tonk badonka donk!" i remember when that video first came out and i was like, damn, even trace is trying to get street cred???