Friday, September 14, 2007

When Keepin' It Wrong Goes Real

Hey y'all, I've been slacking. I have a story I've been meaning to tell y'all for a few weeks, but somehow I kept pushing it to the back burner.

I got an email from one of Batshit's girls, one that I met a couple of years ago, telling me she was getting married soon. She lives in ATL where Batshit lives now too. So, when I got the email, I figured she was finally about to marry the dude she was bitchin' about when I met her. She was complaining about him not "shitting or getting off the pot".

I was happy for her when I got the email. A couple of weeks later, Batshit called and I asked if she was going to be in the wedding. She told me "You late. She got married a week ago." I was like "Damn, that was swift. I just got the email. I guess ol' dude finally got his act together." She said "Ol' dude? What ol' dude? This is a new dude." I was surprised but not a lot, I guess. She had been complaining about the other dude and it had been almost two years since she'd been bitching about him.

"How long has she been with this new dude?" "About a month an a half."

So my mind is reeling. "She's only been with this dude a month and a half and they've been MARRIED for two weeks now?" Batshit affirmed my question.

"How the fuck did this happen?"

"Well, it's sorta my fault..." she started. "Shauna picked me up from the airport one day and she was depressed. We went to Red Lobster for lunch afterwards and she was just down in the dumps. This couple walked in and sat near us. I walked up to the table, introduced myself, told them my friend was depressed and if they knew any single guys. The man immediately pulled out his phone and called his boy. His boy and Shauna talked on the phone right then and there. They made plans to meet and the rest is history."

And it started to make sense, in an illogical Batshit sort of way. This story is a typical Batshit scenario. She'll take a perfectly private situation, and make that shit public to your chagrin. But this time it backfired. Because now her best friend is married to a dude she not only doesn't like much, but doesn't trust.

"The thing that gets me is Shauna has three daughters, and she just moved this stranger in. Just like that!"

"Have you learned your damn lesson about doing shit like that all the time?"

"I just hope that whatever happens happens quickly. Whether or not it's gonna work, I hope the sign comes sooner rather than later."

Peace,
KZ

12 comments:

Sheletha said...

In the words of Fred Sanford...

"you big dummy!"

Blah Blah Blah said...

Batshit is the very best of friend. The best anyone could have. Ever.

I mean, not the very best for me... but ah, for someone.

Knockout Zed said...

@SheShe
Yeah, it's some stupid shit.

@BBB
No fuck that! You deserve a friend like Batshit. Lemme send her your number.

KZ

Prophetess said...

What? From one to another, just like that? That is a damn record; even for me because I thought I go through them (men) pretty damn quickly. That girl has me beat by a mile, LOL!

I can't see moving a stranger into my house with my kids - even if he's now my husband. When I was married, I had my domicile and my husband had his - way on the other side of town. And it worked out fine! So, it CAN be done...

Funny post, Zedro. You know I missed you. Am I back in your good graces yet? (LOL)

Blah Blah Blah said...

Zed my man... send Batshit my number and you know she's gonna be calling your ass ALL THE TIME with her feelings hurt.
Just sayin... I'll talk to her... but...your gonna have to deal with her. I am not one to hold my tongue..."dumb bitch" flows to freely off my tongue unfortunately.

BTW...the dick question... did you answer it for Shauna? heeheehee

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

that's some really really funny shit right there. i mean hilarious in fact, but for the fact we're talking about adults with children.

ChezNiki said...

Maybe they're pregnant? ((scratching head???))

1969 said...

Sometimes, those are the relationships that last for fifty years....NOT!

proacTiff said...

*Looking for the silver lining in this dingy-ass cloud*

"Hey, waiter, send over a couple V8's to the table with the silly broads."

"Coming right up."

Pop Batshit square in the forehead next you see her ass. Twice!

Anonymous said...

You can't blame Batshit for Shauna's desperation.

Angel said...

HUH??????

quick question though. how do you know shauna doesn't like him much and doesn't trust him much? did batshit say that too?

Liv For Me said...

I guess she got someone who jumped up to the plate...'shit and got off pot' moving real quick like that..sure hope she got lucky with dude...stranger things have happened. I dunno about the 'hookup' tho. usually it's nice to at least know someone who knows of dude before u set up ya patna.. 'Batshit' aptly named I guess.