Monday, March 17, 2008

O'Sick and McTired

Many of you are in hubs of civilization right in America which means only one thing: you are being inundated with St. Patty's Day revelry and shenanigans. This morning as I was coming to work I saw droves of young people piling into bars. Droves!!! At 7:30 am!!! WTF!!! I am in a college town, true enough, but still, this place has got to be atypical when it comes to imbibing at such an early hour.

That's one more thing that makes me happy I'm not as stupid as I was 15 long years ago. Shit, or 10 years ago for that matter. The only thing I regret that's missing from my youth is the ability to fuck 7 times a night and I'm sure my woman is glad that's gone. Actually the other thing I miss is black facial hair, which was gone at 25 for the most part.

I was talking to Three the other day and he lamented "It's not like we got any wiser with age. We're still the same dumb bastards we always were." I tend to agree with that shit. The only difference between my current brain function and that of a much younger person is exhaustion. I'm tired of doing the same shit, I'm not too smart to keep doing it. I'd gladly take a day off work to drink, but why would I? Who would I be drinking with? What's the purpose?

Drink up kids. One day this'll be you.

Be Easy,
KZ

10 comments:

Nexgrl said...

Three always gives the best synopsis.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

when are you and TAD gonna come visit Three so I can be a slightly awkward 3rd to 5th wheel?

Doesn't that sound Jazzy?

I used to drink myself dizzy and sing old Danny Boy with my black ass on St Patty's day, until I realized it wasn't really my holiday.

Now I get drunk on MLK Day, just cuz!

Bananas said...

Hell, I still get drunk to celebrate getting drunk.

Problem is, the "morning after" seems to last for days now.

onefromphilly said...

They pile up in school buses in Philly and go from bar to bar. People leave work early in order to make sure they catch their bus. I'm sure getting tore down has not a dayum thing to do with Saint Patrick..
I'm Catholic and i don't even know what he's supposed to be famous for???

ChezNiki said...

At least you're not in Boston where they started dranking on March 1st!

New York's Parade was today in the center of town, a straight route down 5th Avenue. Everybody goes, Black, white, Spanish, Asians, Samoans. Everybody's Irish for the day.

Boston's Parade was yesterday, a v-shaped winding route through the Heart of Southie... you know, where they had the busing riots in the 70s? Half of those people still havent been back to school since 1971. Drunk disenfranchised uneducated drunk white poor people cheering their homeland. I stayed my a$$ in Cambridge all day, both days.

Wore a green blouse to work today, though. Just in case.

1969 said...

I need one of those drinking days off. Shhhyyyyytttt. Sign me up!

ChezNiki said...

In Boston (Suffolk County), you do get the day off! Its an actual county holiday. City Hall, Boston Public Schools, everything is closed on March 17th for... "Evacuation Day"

I guess they figure its makes no sense to have anything open in Boston on St. Patricks Day. How much work would actually get done?!?!

Blah Blah Blah said...

...so St. Patty;s day ended with a guy getting thrown thru the plate glass window of Saks on 5th Ave...
Me? I did no drinking yesterday...spent the whole day in the house and threw my shoulder out playing Wii.

Being grown ain't what it used to be...I think.

Ummm, you told Tree I asked abotu him, didn't ya???? didn't ya????

proacTiff said...

sorry you didn't get an invite. the nerve. and you had to drive right by the place. rubbed it in for gawd's sake!

Aly Cat 121 said...

Sh*t I can't even drink some dayum wine without feeling the need to lay down and take a nap afterwards.