Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Snow Keeps Coming

Hey y'all! I hope everything is well. I'm holding it down in my own little purgatory. After almost six months of being asked and invited to every black church in the galaxy, I finally had to tell one member of my staff to cut it out. Being as private as I am, and people taking that as a challenge to find out more about me, made me finally stop being so polite. "I'm not a Christian. I'm not an atheist, a Jew, a Muslim, a Buddhist, or a Hindu either. But I'm not a Christian, so please stop asking me to attend your services."

Now, it's a fucking wildfire. In this small town where there is no such thing as a "different" muthafucka, I'm a different muthafucka. Every sista in this joint is coming up to me in little halfassed manner to figure out if what I said is true. "So, what are you doing for the holidays?" Seems innocuous enough, right? As soon as I answer and walk away, I see the broads going into the office of the ringleader, the first chick that kept asking me to go to church. At some point we'll be having a talk about the appropriateness of such behavior. As the old folks used to say "I'll break 'em the fuck up outta that shit."

So, in the meantime, I'm a pariah as every sista in the valley finds me "unacceptable" because I'm not a Christian. That is except for devout Christian "Batshit", who, as we have established, is batshit. The snow keeps falling. I have had a steady innundation of date requests from non-black women. Last week it came to a head with 3 inquiries to other women about my availability. Yesterday a woman I met out Friday dropped a line to her girl asking if she should ask me out.

I've addressed this issue in a prior post, so I'm not gonna rehash it. But if you've been reading this blog, you should have figured something out by now. I am in a constant struggle between my better judgment and "Zed del Sur". "Zed del Sur" has an insurmountable lead. I'm trying to do betta, but the snow keeps coming.

Your Snowbound boy,
KZ

7 comments:

Disco said...

Ms. Keke, the pot is "sludge" right now...fucka thickening! LOL *love ya Zed*!

Disco said...

Ms. Keke, the pot is "sludge" right now...fucka thickening! LOL *love ya Zed*!

Blah Blah Blah said...

I am not one for mixin'-n-matchin' (LOL from a half breed).....but...in Satan's Anus...it's exceptable to date the blue-eyed devil.

Am I gonna get hate mail for that comment??????
No biggy...after all, I am the culmination of the 2 worst treated and most feared ethnicity's in the US...bring it on!!!!!

Blah Blah Blah said...

*acceptable

The_Practitioner said...

Zed, Zed, Zed. This is why I don't share my personal biz at work. People think they know something about you and they get to trippin.

Just bitch slap the next brawd that questions your religious association. that will put an end to that shit.

nikki said...

get out of the fucking snow, zed!

oh, and please check those folks who continue to disrespect your beliefs. that's some straight up bullshit.

Superstar Nic said...

I agree w/Serial...Sometime you cannot share your personal business with muthafugger at the job!