Friday, July 14, 2006

Belle Isle



Yesterday, for the first time in ages, I went into a candy store. I'm not talking about a Godiva or something upscale, but an old school candy store, that just sells candy. They have a retro candy store, specializing in "old school" candy here in Downtown Satan's Anus. I hadn't noticed it in the year I've been here, but I noticed it last week. I made a point of going there yesterday after work, mainly because I'm addicted to these.

As I was in the candy store, a young Mexican mother came in with her three daughters. Man, those girls were buggin' out, grabbing stuff, trying to each everything in sight. They were bad, but cute as hell. It was right then when I realized as an adult I'd never seen the proverbial "kid in a candy store". It was funny as hell. It really helped to illustrate that old saying, because those shorties were running around with a crazed look in their eyes. "Candy is the shit!" is what they seemed to be saying. I got a real kick out of watching them.

Well, that was a precursor to my upcoming weekend, because you see, I'll be that proverbial "kid". And Belle Isle Park will be my proverbial "candy store". That'll be the site of the Alpha Kappa Alpha picnic, where every African worth his salt will be, game in hand, trying to leave the park a winner. I'll talk to y'all Monday, win or lose.

Stay Dope,
KZ



20 comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

*first*

not much to say but have a great time skirt chasing!

~ Eclectic Soul ~ said...

Enjoy ya weekend and don't forget ya cloves, Mayne!!!

*MUAHHHHHHHH*

NegroPino™ said...

Please take lots of pictures.....of men too......be careful out there

Prophetess said...

That's a damn shame, Zedro. And we know all know how much you love women. Gone be acting like a big kid in a candy store. Trying to buy up EVERYTHING! Um uuumm (shaking head). Shall I start passin' 'round the collection plate while you're gone so we can help you pay your dentist bill 'cuz I know you gone come back here with a bunch of cavities.
What's your favorite candy? I gotta feeling its the Sweet Tarts (pun intended). But keep moderation in mind because we don't want you coming back with a belly ache from all that sugary sweetnes.

Have a good one, Bro.

Knockout Zed said...

@Miss Ahmad
I'll chase skirt, shorts, and all breathable leggings not prone to give the wearer a yeast infection.

@Mariposa
You be good, too. I understand you'll be doing a little celebrating yourself.

@ES
I'll neva forget my cloves!

*MUAAHHHH* back

@Ill Nana
I don't know how many pics I'll be taking of dudes, but I'll be posting 'em.

@Insanity
I love Squirrels (hehehe). I eat 'em non stop!

KZ

aquababie said...

have fun with your mannish self LOl

Knockout Zed said...

@Aqua
I'll be back in time to harrass you.

@CG
You know them Something News are Something Old. Dating back to the Royal Dutch Trading Company in the 1500s.

KZ

i like liquor and tv said...

lol@win loose or drawz

lol@kid in candy store

here go my fav cadies:

nerds
chewy sprees
reese's cups
pop rocks
gummy anything
anything Lindt

Rashan Jamal said...

It's time for a clever pun about candy, but i cant think of any. I'll just say, have fun this weekend.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

am i the only person who doesn't like chocolate candy?

i'm more of a hard candy kinda girl, butterscotch, that type shit.

and by the way...legging should not be making a come back because most black women have entirely too much ass and thigh to be wearing 'em!

Nika Laqui said...

Have fun!

The Stiltwalker said...

ugh. those candies are nasty as hell.

Angel said...

hope you have a good time! be careful of the AKAs holding the wrong finger up though... might be sending you a different type of greeting... HAHHAHAHHAHAHA

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

oh yea and zed, don't sing that laffy taffy song okay!

it'll make you look extremely dark sided and won't aid in your prospect of procuring new ass!

Little Brown Girl said...

Have fun Babe...Hell if you gone play, at least bring back a winner!!!

Holla at you on Monday!!!

Blah Blah Blah said...

chocolate, no...
but
i like
the hard sweet stuff that's good to suck on
makes my mouth water

Honest said...

lol Kid in a candy store indeed. Have a great weekend.

Angel said...

hell yeah for the little brother lyric!!!! i am officially adding you RIGHT NOW to my links and dammit, i aint even asking your damn permission!!!! :P

EqualOpportunityCrush said...

i knew that entry started out too sweet and Disney like.. lol.. I was waiting for the real to come out.. Hope you had fun chasing them AKA broads...

BZ said...

Looking forward to your accounts of this weekend! I want to know!! Hope you had a blast.