Friday, September 08, 2006

The Most and The Least

So, Africans, what it is? The perspective of the blog called "Babee Munkees and Clams" is sort of impersonal. Though I discuss a lot of private topics, it's really me ranting and raving about shit for the most part. What I'm getting at is right now I have a swell of highly charged emotional shit going on right now that I don't feel like writing about on the blog, but I feel need to be documented. In short, I have the OPPOSITE of writer's block, I just can't select which thing I wanna write about. In making my selection, I've chosen the type of story the folks on my blogroll like to read about.

I went out with Blandette yesterday. I want to clarify something right up front. I described her as not pretty/not ugly, kinda middle of the road in all aspects. I need to apologize for that. She is much worse than I thought she was. On closer inspection, she's highly unattractive, not mediocre. And she's less interesting than I thought she was.

I still chickened out. I chickened the fuck out. I didn't tell her straight out that I was not feeling her and I'm sure it's gonna bite me in the ass. I talked about all these different women I was dating, but y'all know the deal. This shit was a smokescreen. Apparently a thin, badly conceived smokescreen. After dinner (at least I didn't pay) she said she'd call me. I hope she doesn't.

After the dinner, I had an evening meeting in which I was accused of leaving Black people out of the governmental process. I always enjoy meetings like that. A room full of white government officials and I'm the one accused of racism. I felt like that idiot in American Beauty who was videotaping that plastic bag. Mesmerized by bullshit.

So after the meeting, I'm at the crib flipping back and forth between Miss Ahmad's show and NFL Football. The phone rings and it's LoLo. So I'm talking to LoLo and she's throwing yet another set of innuendo about how she'd put it on me. Saying it, but not really saying it. After the day I had, she's the victim.

KZ: You know, the first time I saw you I told my boy Rainier that I had to have you.
Lo: For real?
KZ: Un-hunh
Lo: *long assed soliloquy on how she told her girl she had to have me*
KZ: I didn't pursue it because we worked together.
Lo: So why don't you pursue it now?
KZ: That time has passed. We're cool now. We're just cool. I can't even go there with you.
Lo: Awww, nah! How you gon' tell me you liked me and now it's over?
KZ: I felt like I had to tell you. If we keep talking to each other, we'll talk like friends do. We'll keep it in the "friend zone". If you can't handle that, we can't talk.
Lo: *silence for the first time ever on the other end of the phone*.

That's a small part of what's happening with me.

Stay Cool,
KZ

21 comments:

BZ said...

Thanks for sharing, KZ. I've been in similar situations (on both ends). It's never easy to deal with folks. But, it's best to be real about it and deal with the consequences. At least you know you were right (and stood by your principles).

Honest said...

Huh? Ok I'm not but maybe it's the bottle of wine I just shared with my girl

Honest said...

Clearly I'm not OK.

chele said...

I don't even know what to say.

I hope that you are able to deal with everything that is going on in a positive way.

Ugly and uninteresting? And you couldn't tell her that you weren't interested because ... (insert blank stare)

because you're a big softie that's why.

It'll get better.

Knockout Zed said...

@BZ
I can't believe I didn't just sex up ol' LoLo.

@CG
I can't believe I didn't hit it.

@Honest
Whaddyamean you not OK? You got wine!

@Chele
It's hard being a hatchet man. I was better at that sort of thing when I was younger, but post-marriage, I became a lot softer about that kind of shit.

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i've said it once and i'll say it again, you're not doing anyone any favors by spending time with them and not liking them...

as a matter of fact you're doing yourself and the other person a disservice..


carry on!

onefromphilly said...

Well at least you told LoLo in a nice-sort-of-leave-me-the-fuk-alone way that you weren't interested. You get points for that.

Newy said...

by the way...you have been tagged if RD didn't tellya LOL

http://www.mznewagenda.blog-city.com/books_books_books.htm

1969 said...

Zed...I think you are merely growing tired of the mediocrity.

Expecting and wanting something better than mediocre is not a bad thing.

It's called having standards.

SLUMP FACADE said...

Its my first time visiting your blog, however, it won't be my last. Great post!

Isha said...

It sounds like notch making is no fun anymore. Quality over Quantity seems to be the thought for the day with you lately. That's not a BAD thing. Means someone is going to get a man who thinks, feels, desires and expects more than he used to.

Growth sucks hugh!!!

And I second Ms. A's comment. You ain't doin' no favors by dancing around the truth. Only causes more drama later.

(((((HUGS))))...YOU SOUND LIKE YOU NEED EM'

Little Brown Girl said...

1) interesting...

2) sorry your in such a bummed out mood

3) sorry shortie is such a hag *well not really sorry but seems appropriate to say if I wanna appear to be the caring and concerned friend who just wants to see you happy and in live* yeah ok!

4) fuk is a LoLo...tell her I said "whatevah heffa"

I'm off to the airport, home for the weekend...DC...yeah I never thought I'd miss DC LOL! Have a good one Love!

Mr.Slish said...

I knew I sensed a shift in the force..I guess the only way I'm going to find out anything is to hit you up on the cellie...LOL...

Blah Blah Blah said...

Him: Let's get together.
Me: Let's not and say we did.
Him: You playin', right?
Me: Naw, I'm not..I'm serious...I'm cool...but thanks though.
*click*

See...it's easy as 1-2-3

LoLo and da bunchademhos... need to kick rocks. But make sure you point them out when I come to visit...LMAO

Knockout Zed said...

@Miss Ahmad
I'm listening, I'm listening...

@OneFrom
She heard it and claimed she understood, but I don't know.

@Newy
Tomorrow, mama. I did it and saved it as a draft. It's coming.

@1969
Someone recently told me I'm afraid of the power within. I don't know that I'm afraid of it, I just don't think I've tapped into it.

@Slump
What's good? I've seen you commenting on some of the same blogs I read. I gotta check you out too. Thanks for swinging by!

@Isha
My belt was all notches. The physical quality was always good, but the other shit, not so much. It's complete package time. My swimmers are getting old.

@RD
I believe I'm effervescent and solar and my shit's being lampshaded. Then I realize I'm the one turning my shine down!

FYI, she arrived at the restaurant on a broom...(ba-da-bum)

LoLo is mildly retarded, me thinks.

Enjoy yourself back in DC!

@Mack
Blandette's done and LoLo's untouchable. The last time I was explicitly blunt, I got Batshit. Remember that.

@Slish
I'll call you. I got shit to tell you.

@Blah
You really are pretty mean, you know that right?

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

oops did i say that out loud?

Phoenix said...

sometimes it just better to be by yourself than to wast your time with boring uninteresting people.

sunshine said...

Damn -poor Blandette

You were straight up with LoLo-she couldn't handle that.

aquababie said...

it's early so my brain is off. i agree with miss ahmad.

Nika Laqui said...

Well at least thats a start....

*lol* @ dude in American Beauty taping plastic bags...

Angel said...

*cues music in the background*
"oooo, we love you k-z!" hahahahah