Friday, March 02, 2007

Requiem For A Delusionist

Everything is cyclical. I believe in that like I believe in aloe vera on ashy knees. That shit is real, especially in my life. In a life where it always takes me a couple of times to learn the lesson I'm supposed to, this is important. I'm a little slow witted, but when something is happening to me that I'm seen before, I'm pretty good at recognizing how I can make it different the next time.

I searched this blog for every occurrance of the name "LoLo". In each and every entry in which I've mentioned her I've been pretty consistent. She's offered me the ass and I've declined. There are a bunch of conversations that I've had with her that I didn't write about because they were the same ol' shit. But, I've been consistent throughout. No leading her on, no anything.

So when she called me a couple of days ago around noon for what has now turned into her monthly offering, I turned the conversation to work related topics. I was sick of having the same discussions about me not taking it. So as soon as she went down that road again...

LoLo: Since we're on the phone, you need anything. 'Cuz if you do, I think I got that for ya.
KZ: Naw (laughing it off), I'm straight. I'm good.
LoLo: You sure?
KZ: Ay, when you get a chance call me tonight.
LoLo: Did I do something wrong?
KZ: Naw, I just need totalk to you about something and I can't talk about it now.


So we get off the phone. And I don't think any more about it. Of course, when you tell anybody you need to talk, that shit looms large in their minds. She called me back around 7:00 pm.

LoLo: OK, what do you wanna talk about.
KZ: Yeah, that conversation we had earlier, we can't have that conversation again.
LoLo: What are you talking about?
KZ: Well, I'm seeing somebody now. I'm thinking this could be serious and I think it's inappropriate for me to entertain that kind of conversation with you.
LoLo: So, you seein' some chick? Some chick you met after me? What does she have that I don't have? I can't believe you! I fuckin' can't believe you! How could you do me like that?
KZ: How am I doin' you? I haven't led you on. We never fucked or kissed or even hugged. What did I do to you?
LoLo: You hooked up with a chick you met after me. You didn't even give me a chance. First my ex-boyfriend tells me he has a woman and now you. This is some bullshit. We don't need to talk. I don't need to talk to you ever again. *silence*
KZ: Hello? Hello?
LoLo: *evenmoresilence*

Technology. You don't even hear a click when someone hangs up on your ass cellularly.


Peace,
KZ

15 comments:

BKBajan said...

ooooh shhhhht, I'm first, now I'm nervous, looking to the left, to the right, where's everyone.. . . Lolo can keep it moving, who cares, you should have put an end to the conversations from the beginning. See what you get when you try to be nice.

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again: You're a stand-up guy.

Beana said...

cellularly...I have learned a new word today. Thanks. You should hear a few beeps as the call drops but that could just be my experience lol

Sounds to me like chick was a little on the dim lighted side anyway. One more reason why woman need to quit "imagining" relationships and actually talk to someone. If you do not communicate your intentions and learn theirs you are NOT I repeat NOT in a relationshp with them. LOL

If I have to tell another dude that we are cool and define what cool is and AINT im gonna scream!!!

Knockout Zed said...

@OSB
I tried to be a friend without benefits, but she wasn't havin' it.

@Calikim
Don't commend me too soon. I gotta a lot of other shit imma need to lie about.

@Chele
Nope. I don't accept that. It's easy to blow off a chick you don't want. So I can't give myself any credit for telling her what was up.

@J
Hell yeah. I'll make up a word on yo' ass!

Dudes really ask what's up? I thought most of us just went with the flow.

KZ

Miz JJ said...

You seem to attract a lot of crazy women. And you claim not to have any game.

Knockout Zed said...

@Miz JJ
Crazy women choose Zed.

KZ

Angie said...

What's the matter with LoLo? She can't give her ass away? First her ex and now you? Maybe she should be checkin' with the chick in the mirror. Looks like I ain't the only coo-coo mangnet. Ha!!!!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

cyclical and cellularly..got it!
now on to lolo..should've done this 3 phone calls away..remember it only takes 3 phone calls..funny I'm in a sim sit (similar situation) met someone we were casual he didn't want more I found someone else..i want more with someone else , don't know where that stands but have to get rid of no. 1..do u follow..but i'm a nice girl..don't want to hurt anyone..I wonder how many phones calls does it take to get to the center of tootsie roll lollipop...1...and 2...3..yes 3

onefromphilly said...

GOOD!

Now put a check mark next to her dumb a$$.

(X) DONE

just like the title of your last post GAME OVER

Dee said...

it's better to hurt someone sooner than later. if you don't know your own mind it's hard. but if you do-just do it. their next endeavor will thank you for inflicting less trauma than you could have.

Anonymous said...

You misunderstand, my friend. I think you're a stand up guy for considering TAD ... I could give a damn about LoLo.

1969 said...

Bye Bye Lolo.

When you have nothing to offer but some ass.....how can you be suprised?

DivineLavender said...

Things are happen how they are suppose to happen.

Enjoy yourself this weekend...

Why are you covering your lips, man???

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

umm I have two words to say about this..

one starts with a P
the other with an A

you didn't have to wait until you were seeing someone to be upfront and honest. it's much easier to make fun of someone for liking you isn't it?

Knockout Zed said...

@Angie
I'm sure she could give it away. She just always reeked of desperation to me. I never wanted to feel like I was saving a chick or doing her a favor.

@Calikim
Sometimes I lie for fun. "Damn, she's gon' let me slide with THAT shit?"

@GG
Stop lickin' them damn cell phones. Nasty!

@OneFrom
I'm sorry it had to be as brutal as it was. I'm always looking to be cordial to exes and never-was'es.

@GC
I'll never be thanked for this. Not ever. She'll hate me for good.

@Chele
What's this about TAD? I was talking about my girlfriend Writing.

@Sixy
She had more to offer, she just had a MANIC personality. If she just shut up in 30 minute intervals, she might find a dude.

@DL
The lips are causing static so I'm keeping them covered.

@Miss Ahmad
We name callin' now?

My history is with her is well documented. I was upfront and honest every single time I talked to her, to no avail. I'm not clowning her at all, I'm writing what happened. That's it.

KZ