Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Three Things

Life is funny. I know that's not a profound statement or a new revelation or anything. It just is. Life is funny.

Dead Woman Walking
I was in a meeting yesterday with my boss and Gasbag. He was asking her to do some follow up work on the his.toric d.istrict thing she was supposed to present at the city commission meeting a couple of weeks ago. I say "supposed to" because the mayor had it pulled from the agenda after she insulted her at that pre-meeting. The excuse given wasn't that the mayor has thin skin and was basically being vengeful, the excuse of record was that the proposal wasn't thoroughly researched and needed more work. My boss and I were giving her direction on how to follow up. He and I both know that this is bullshit, that the proposal doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing after she opened her fucking mouth. She doesnt' seem to have a clue. Further, she doesn't seem to know that Hannibalette will do everything in her power come budget time to eliminate her position. I hate walking around acting like everything's OK when I know someone's about to get crushed. Shit, people could be doing that around me as we speak.

Gone
Batshit has left the building. She's now officially a resident of Atlanta. Enjoy, people! The thing is, I miss her already. Yeah, I gave her all types of grief on this very blog. But like most things, y'all only got part of the story. When all romantic possibility was gone, long gone, we were still friends. I saw her all the time. We did shit together no one else would do with us. All types of loserish, dateless Saturday night shit. Batshit was my sounding board, my Scrabble opponent, and above all, a non-judgemental friend. I gave her some parting advice. "Don't settle. You don't have to settle. And don't marry a gay dude." Good luck, Bats.

Options
This Friday we (the Transplants) are having a little get together for the Vice-Mayor's birthday. One of Transplants, Karen, asked me to invite one of my frat brothers to the gathering. "Uh, Karen, you know he's married, right?" "Yeah I know. I just wanna look at him." Keep in mind she's fucking Sam, another one of my frat brothers. Y'all be talkin' 'bout men!


Be Thorough,
KZ

17 comments:

1969 said...

Hey...she just wants to "look" at him. As you guys always say....there's no harm in looking right? LOL

Bye Batsh*t. Best of luck in the ATL.

Miz JJ said...

Do not get involved. I would lean against inviting your married frat brother somewhere so a chick could look at him.

Batshit is finally leaving SA? Good for her and best of luck.

Gasbag made her bed. She will learn about politricks the hard way.

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
She's gotta settle for looking at me.

The move will be good for her.

@Miz JJ
He's not coming. But she can still see him every fourth Friday at our event.

Batshit is ghost! I know she'll do well.

Gasbag is about to learn a hard lesson.

KZ

Anonymous said...

Too bad for Gasbag. Hope she has an emergency fund.

Good luck to Batshit. Hope she has a strong gay-dar.

Karen is triflin'.

Little Brown Girl said...

Two fingas in da air to the shyt of a Bat! Good Luck in the "A"

As for looking...black men are beautiful...I WILL ALWAYS LOOK. No harm in that LOL!!

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

if didn't know better i would think someone was gonna miss their friend!

aw shucks!

onefromphilly said...

You never miss your water till the well runs dry.
Good luck Batgirl!

Tell Karen to get a vibrator, you are not her co-conspirator!!! she is triflin.

Y'all ever notice that only Black people use the word triflin. LMAO!!!

BZ said...

Women are just as bad as men. We're just better at being bad.

Knockout Zed said...

@Chele
Always insightful, always real. LOL

@RD
Did you find your latin prince in MIA?

@Miss Ahmad
I guess. I suppose.

@OneFrom
Why is that anyway? Remember when we used to call everybody a "perpetrator"?

@BZ
Y'all are a lot better. It showed me that still water run deep as fuck.

KZ

Prophetess said...

"It's in the music. Turn it up, let it knock. Let it bang on the Block till the neighbors call the cops. The cops might come, but they won't do shit. They don't want no problems. What are y'all? Stupid?

It's all in the music
It's all in the music.
It's all in the music."

Yeah. You thought I forgot, didn't you?

Better recognize.

Knockout Zed said...

@Jojo D
Gotta love the Roots!

KZ

She Her Me said...

I'm lovin this post. Ah, I'm gonna miss all the Batshit stories. They were entertaining as all get out!! Good luck to her.

Yeah, I'm on the "don't invite married frat brother" team. You don't wanna be responsible for any drama.

Oh! by the way, I'm diggin the headline Prov. 11:22...Hmmm...it's oh-so-true. That goes for men too, not just women. :)

Prophetess said...

Dez, earlier, I was just blowing through, fucking with you.

LOL.

Mr.Slish said...

Who's batshit? LOL...

I suppose you've already told Karen your dick was not for sale...lol

last but not least please invest in Metal Plate Protector for all the THE BACKSTABBERS at your place of employment...

DivineLavender said...

I love the Karen's of the world. Don't hate! Let her smash all your boys if she wants! She ain't using my pussy she is using hers. Hell, if I was married and knew a woman wanted my man...she would have to fugg US as in both of U.S. Threesomes are the Shyt! Trust!


Wow! I hope you and Batshit have a wonderful and long friendship regardless of the address of either of you.



You are like Sears, Dude...showing your softer side.

HEART You!
Where's the comment's Dwag, drop it!

Anonymous said...

Oh lawd, why you sending more crazy women down here. We are already at capacity dammit!

sxyblkndn said...

There was a mo fo at my job that everybody knew was gonna get canned....