Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Plus One

Hey peoples, what's real? I've been writing evaluations on and off all day today. I'm puttin' coal in so many stockings this year... Delusional bastards!

Socially, I've been spending a little time hanging out with one of my frat brothers, Sam. He's an alright dude. He's originally from Gh.ana, about 30 years old, a pretty cool cat. The funny thing is, I probably would have gotten cool with him even if we weren't in the same frat. We know a bunch of the same people, especially women. It was his birthday party I went to a few weeks ago where I saw all the chicks I knew.

He's been in this little purgatory for 5 years, so he's good and sick of it. We're both just here trying to bide our time until we leave. He'll be going to get his MBA soon. Me, I'll just be headed to greener pastures. But we been kickin' a little, raisin' some hell for a couple of weeks. We set if off for his party, for the Fourth Friday event, and for the Super Bowl gig we went to on Sunday. Right now, he's got a lot of family shit going on, so I think in some instances I'm like a sounding board. It's good to have a person that's physically in front of you to talk about real shit.

But really, I get to live out my lifelong dream of having a sidekick. I can imagine I'm Walker, Texas Ranger, and I get to act like he's this guy:

Cleaning up my fuck-ups, doing all the menial shit, and getting absolutely, positively no pussy. Come to think of it, maybe I'm HIS sidekick!

Peace,
KZ

6 comments:

aquababie said...

that's nice. it's always good to have someone to rely on other than yourself. and telephone convo isn't always the best method of picking someone's brain.

by the way, do you have a hat and rope?? i like cowboys. i got the spurs and the boots! LOL

BZ said...

LMAO! I'm glad you found a friend, Zed! You know, I keep receiving the same "girlfriends" email that stresses the importance of women having close female friendships. I'd venture to say it's equally important for men to have male friends also.

Little Brown Girl said...

You're a nut! Glad you found a Homie!!

Miz JJ said...

What you need is a motorcycle with a side car à la Garden State. What? That would be cool

Angel said...

the short ass "walker texas ranger" sidekick is NOT a good look boo. glad you got you a male friend to hang out with. you know, there has been a lot of talk lately about all of the "man friends" going on. look at "brokeback mountain?" "boston legal?" "house?" or even better, peep this article i found for you. i would LOVE to know your opinion! ;-)

http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=28716

Honest said...

Everyone needs a buddy to hang with :-).