Monday, February 19, 2007

Ass Usual

Hey peoples, what's crackin'? Last week in general was a monster. Whenever my boss is out, it's a bad week. I know I hardly do shit, but when my boss is out, I'm in a helluva lot more meetings than usual. On Friday morning I was a meeting to prep for a meeting that's being held tonight. The pre-meeting is to ask questions about questions that will be asked tonight. So we answer the questions asked by the city commission on Friday at 7:30 am , then we answer them again at tonight at 7:00 pm. That's why they pay me the marginal bucks.

So Friday afterwork, I takes my ass to the "D" again. Because I needs that, to recharge an African's batteries and shit. Me and TAD had plans to go to my frat's belated Valentines event on Saturday, so we got a chance to exchange V-Day gifts. I bought her a ball peen hammer and a can of Pillsbury Grands. She got me a map of Belgium and some talcum powder. She also got me the card you see above, which pretty much sums up my disposition in a nutshell.

Later we went out to eat with her crazy friend, the Intelligent Hoodlum, who is equal parts She-Gangsta, Brainiac, and Comedienne. I'm still laughing at shit I.H. said on Friday. I just bust out laughing spontaneously. I think you had to be there. After we went back to the crib, we checked out Half Nelson on DVD.

On Saturday I got my taxes done early in the day. I think my tax lady has transitioned her business over to her 21 year old daughter, which is not a good thing. My tax refund fell significantly, by about half. She gotta teach the young dog some old tricks.

Me and TAD lolligagged around the rest of the day, watching DVDs and her trying to pretty up my ultra-manly, unsexy hands so she can be seen out with me.

When we finally got to the Valentine's Dance later that evening, all late and shit, trying to make an entrance, I gotta say I was feeling pretty good. There have been very few times in my long miserable life when I feel fortunate. Though I know I am, I never FEEL it. Walking into that ballroom with that woman made me feel like the luckiest African on Earth.

That's all I got.

Peace,
KZ

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherish it, man. Seriously.

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

savor every moment you deserve it!

Miz JJ said...

That sounds really sweet.

DivineLavender said...

Cool Baby! I am glad you had a good time!


Nice to have good time with good people.


Although, I was waiting to hear ole boy that gotz a man crush on you tho'....Mr. Luther!

*Loving the Man Crushing Luther!*

onefromphilly said...

You go African! You're not just lucky, you deserve this.

Angel said...

glad that something besides sarcastic humor and dry ass wit are making you smile/smirk these days! enjoy yourself zeddykins! :-)

Organized Noise said...

That's all you got? Sounds like that's all you need. Enjoy the moment.

1969 said...

That's all you got? Sounds like that's all you need.

1969 said...

Damn...I posted without reading ON's comment. Those great New York minds think alike :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Seconds of Pleasure have finally come around :) Beautiful!