Monday, January 02, 2006

10,000 Guns

Hey Folks! Happy New Year and all that. I'm here in Satan's Anus after another quick trip back to Detroit. I sold out a lot of people on this visit. No calls, just a happy new year text message. I spent my time here with Thelma, really taking time to assess the chances of us being together for real. I know y'all didn't even know I was contemplating such a thing. But the reality is I want kids, man. "In wedlock" kids. I'm getting old and shit, and I definitely want to procreate. So I gotta look at my options. Thelma is at the top of that list. Sanity, intelligence (relative), looks, morals, and the intangibles. She's not the end all, but she's the top choice. I blocked out every other broad in the City.

Of course, it being new years, every African in the city with a gun had to lick a shot. Unfortunately, some cats gotta aim at somebody. More 'gators died for new years celebrations in Detroit than anything else. We do value what we wear at least. I've had a chance to honestly evaluate myself just looking back at my blog and shit. I've blasted a lot of shots this year, but I do resolve that I will do better on some fronts:
  • Reserve blanket judgements on the less fortunate
  • Better overall health care
  • Read less, interact with actual people more
  • Embrace patience
  • Be less profane
If I can come close to doing any of these things, my year ought to be a little better. This blog will become a lot more boring, though. In 2005 I've had some interesting shit happen. I've had a pregnancy scare, a "heterosexual" friend come out of the closet, a new job in a new city, pussy offered to me under some of the oddest circumstances I can recall. And I've only blogged about the new job and the new city! Hopefully 2006 will bring me the opportunity to bust more shots and keep you and me entertained. I love this site and I love the black blog community.

Be Easy,
KZ

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see a black man talking about settling down and having in wedlock kids...With over 75% of black kids being born out of wedlock, we've got to start somewhere!

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT!!!
SO now that you've stopped "playing"...I can expect that ring in the mail any day now...riiight??? Ring size is 6. LOL

Glad to hear your ready for love.

Anonymous said...

Wow...did my one question spark all this? I'mma be an arrogant somethin' and take just a little credit for it.

I still say that the desire to procreate shouldn't be the basis for you "locking" yourself into marriage. ;) But it sounds like you're on a mission. I just hope it ends in happiness for you...'cause it's what you deserve.

Ms. Platonic Friend

brooklyn babe said...

Wassup Lover... I can't read none of your schitt right now, work calls, but you I need to visit ur page to quote your "African" quote right to my homie.
Love U!

Knockout Zed said...

Talking about marriage and getting married are two entirely different things. I want kids, but damn if I can't quit trying to bone every pretty woman I see.

Alli, you're taken!

KZ

Chubby Chocolate said...

What's this? You're thinking about settling down? Not mad at cha. I completely understand.

I have to e-dig in your archives to get some dirt on Thelma. I remember her, but not enough to approve or disappove!

If you stick to your guns with this wedding business, just invite me...So I can stop it! ;-)

Butterfly Jones said...

Now ain't that the most romantic thing you heard, you want kids, and Thelma fits the bill. I hope the proposal does not contain these sentiments. So I ain't gone be the babymama no mo'?!?

The_Practitioner said...

Wow. I leave for a week and come back to find out that Zed is getting married and fienin' for rugrats. Who woulda knew. ;o)

Is Twin that "heterosexual" friend? lol

Knockout Zed said...

@SD
Dang man! Don't do the Twin like that! That African gets broads. I knew the dude that came out much better than I know Twin. When he came out, I was fairly new to the blog. I wanted to write about it, but I thought that might cast aspertions on my orientation. So I passed.

TRUTHZ said...

we love you too Zed...and believe me, your blog always keep me entertained, warm....yeah, entertained

toneec42 said...

Whhhhaaaaait A MINUTE! Did I read right? Zeddy is thinking/contemplating marriage and family? A wifey and babies for Zed?! Awww, shucky-ducky - it MUST be a new year!
Much love Zed! I miss you and I promise to blog soon.