Monday, January 29, 2007

The Recap

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I hit a muthafuckin' lick on Friday. My event, the one I was fretting about, went off without a hitch. A little two hour afterwork event with a little word of mouth, turned into (at least) a seven hour hang session. We got at least 50 people out. I'm thinking more like 60 but I didn't take the official count. I know you're thinking, "Damn, that's not a whole lot of people." For Satan's Anus, it was a nice turnout, especially for a little working adult affair. I was talking to various attendees trying to find out how they heard about the event. It turns out my best pub people were chicks I used to date. Imagine that.

It was only supposed to go from 5 to 7. We had to ask for an extra hour at the venue. Then at 8, a bunch of us left (around 20 people) and went to another bar and kept kickin' it. It was tremendous. Nobody wanted to leave. I left at midnight to try to prep my house a little for T.A.D.'s visit. They were still kickin' it hard when I left.

T.A.D. came to check me out for her first visit to the Anus. Even if my happy hour had sucked, my weekend was made. To tell you the truth, the fact that the set turned out so nice was the icing on the cake. But T.A.D. was on the scene and all was well. We went to see her cousin play basketball for Satan's Anus University's female squad. I'd never been to a women's basketball game, so there were some interesting dynamics going on. People tell you their relative is the shit, you tend to view it with some skepticism. Alls I know is her cousin dropped 36 POINTS on the other squad. Fuck! 36 of 77 total points? A beast! She's the leading scorer on the team and in the country! No more skepticism on that issue.

After the game, we got to see some of the finer points of the "Paris of West Michigan" before we went to check out "Children of Men". Yeah, I think I'm a pretty deep thinker. No, I can't say I understood the movie or the point of the movie. More Michael Caine, less everybody else.

All in all my weekend was pretty cool. It's a totally different experience in Satan's Anus when you're not alone. Completely different.

Peace,
KZ

18 comments:

1969 said...

Now that sounds like a good weekend. FINALLY.

Glad your event turned out to be a success and even happier that TAD came through. Nice.

Anonymous said...

sounds positive...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the success of the event. Glad all worked out well.

onefromphilly said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miz JJ said...

Congrats on your event. People want nice events to go too. Never sell yourself short.

I saw Children of God as well this weekend. I would have preferred if it focussed more on how the world went to hell in a handbasket rather than the story that was told.

BZ said...

Glad you finally had a good weekend!!!! Glad the event was great and even more glad that you had a totally different experience in your area. *huggs*

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

steady lady friend visit huh?

i'm glad you're learning to be more honest in the new year...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations... hopefully you can keep it going strong. You know I wanna know... did your seventy year old Frat get his groove on? LOL

Side Bar: Noticed that the Anus was a lot more tolerable when you had company. Hmmmm?

Little Brown Girl said...

Sounds like you had a little slice of Heaven in Satan's Anus this weekend. Wonderful!!!

I must of missed the introduction of T.A.D. so I gotta go back and catch up, but I am assuming this is someone who puts/keeps a smile on your face and if that is so then I couldn't be happier...and I'm not being sarcastic either LOL!!! Maybe you can get her to relocate to the Anus, no???


Glad the party was a success...guess me and the girls invite got lost in the mail *hmpf*

aquababie said...

sounds like your were fretting for nothing :) and i'm glad to hear you had a great weekend!

Knockout Zed said...

@Sixy
I know, right? Finally!

The down side is I got sick on Sunday. I was at work when I posted, but I ended up leaving work at 8:30 this morning.

@Kitten
It was. What part of the mitten?

@Chele
Man, people are waiting for the next one, FOR REAL. It's funny.

@OneFrom
Hell yeah!

@Miz JJ
Exactly! I thought there was a more interesting story in there than the one they pursued.

@BZ
It really kind of blew my mind how positive it turned out. One good weekend does make a difference, especially in the dead of winter.

@Miss Ahmad
Steady lady friend? Imma tell her you called her that and she'll swear I musta told the story wrong.

I used to be honest last year. Just a little more selectively, though.

@Chezniki
Ol' dude didn't wanna do anything but take money at the door. I tried to get him to move around and get the young bruhs to money, but to no avail.

@RD
It ain't that serious at this point, but I think it's a lost cause to get anyone to move here. Least of all a big city girl.

Right. I guess you and your road dawgs would just be rollin' out to West Michigan on the humble!

@Aqua
Naw, these Africans are fickle. I didn't know what I was gonna get until I got it.

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

promises and lies mister promises and lies, you decide which one is better for you:-)

Little Brown Girl said...

Me, Onefromphilly, and Rumpshaker are always up for a party LOL!! Next time invite us...we might surprise you!!!!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

how was the music? I know you were stressing over that..glad you had a good turnout..and I need to go back and read about TAD...who's that!???!! WTF???

Knockout Zed said...

@Miss Ahmad
I'd like to keep promises, so imma go with lies.

@RD
You make a road trip to the Snow Belt and you'll get props forever.

@GG
I got soooo many props on the music. I integrated my stuff with all the suggestions I got and it worked out.

Go back to here and read about the beginning with T.A.D.

KZ

Little Brown Girl said...

Ok I finally read about T.A.D. Interesting...

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

thanks for the 911 on TAD...*wink*

Ming Houser, Realtor said...

I saw Children of Men recently and I thought the concept was surreal. It really had me thinking about what happens when all hope is lost. It was really crazy movie. Altough, I would have liked to see the after effects of her having the first child in 18 years.