Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Shit's Still Big and Veiny Like Gerald McRaney

  • This dude, advice giver, perm wearer says to me after he stops me leaving a convenience store, says "I like your haircut, it becomes you more than that other style". Thank you perm wearer. Thank you for your compliment on my new hairstyle, perm wearer. I'll be sure to seek out your sartorial advice as I make other changes in my life.

  • I spent this week interviewing potential consultants for this big project the city is about to embark on. The consultants are coming in to do the job I do, but of course I don't have the internal capacity to do it. My staff is too small and inexperienced. We had a large panel of stakeholders in on the interviews. Each of these teams had about 5-7 people attend the interviews. One of our stakeholders, after the last interview asks me "Are you the only Black person in your line of work in the State of Michigan?" I laughed. "No, far from it, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed." No, white lady, I'm not the only one, but hiring practices make it look like it most of the time.

  • I wanna fire my cleaners. Every time I get back a suit or a shirt these days, it has shrunk. No, wait a minute. My bad. My ass is getting fatter. I didn't think it was possible, but it's happening. I think it might be a function of extreme unhappiness, caused by a lack of proximity to my woman and other civilization. I'll be on the track after work today. Fuck this.

  • Sometimes I just wanna pelt muthafuckas with rotten fruit. Not to punish 'em for any particular offense, but just because. "Why the fuck you look like that?" "What you smilin' for?" "How come your woman's teeth so crooked?" I just wanna fucking inundate them muthafuckas with far flung rage!
Other than this shit, there's really nothing going on.

Peace,
KZ

4 comments:

Blah Blah Blah said...

What happened to the yoga classes?

...is this the same cleaners you worte the letter to? *when will you learn*

I am so freakin' bored...I thught about visiting the Anus...but figured I'd have to visit the D first to get permission to visit the Anus...was a thought...but then the sun came out and it's warm in NYC...

chele said...

I've never met a man who commented on how fat his ass was getting.

Knockout Zed said...

@BBB
Yeah, I don't think I'm getting permission for too many intergender sleepovers. But I'm glad the sun is out in NYC. It's rainy here.

@Chele
The way it's written, it looks as though that's what I'm saying, but it's not. When I said "My ass", I meant "myself" or "me". A different way for me to phrase it would be "I'm getting fatter". I'm not really talking about my ass, which is not getting fatter. Just my damn gut.

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i'm glad to hear that men are still wearing perms..


I'm not sure if that came out right but I certainly wouldn't want the good Reverend Al Sharpton to stand alone!