Monday, August 21, 2006

African World

I had to get this question close to 40 times this weekend: So, when are you coming home?
My answer: I'm not.

I got my locs maintained. Virtually drama free.

Hung out with my boy Three. He's getting dirty text messages every three minutes, so he's pretty much sick of hanging out with me. He's trying to get to the source of the messages.

I hadn't seen my sands' Dreamcrusher in about 18 months. I ran into him at the African World Festival.
KZ: Where's the ol' ball and chain?
DC: Gone.
KZ: Gone? You were only married like a year!
DC: Look who's talking.

Dreamcrusher was pretty much just like himself. A contrarian. He had a chick with him. Becky. He brought a white girl to the African World Festival. Balls, yep. Good sense, nope.

I saw every woman I ever dated in the City I think. The ones I didn't see called me.

I ran into Fiona, a woman I've spent a lot of time dodging. I introduce her to Three. She tells him, "I think your friend is scared of me. Why is he scared of me?" "Big titty allergy maybe?"

She asks me to call her when I get to my hotel. I don't. Instead, I slept.

I saw my sands' Ace at breakfast (The Detroit Breakfast House is the shit!) on Sunday with a muthafuckin' dime. They seated me next to them.

1: I saw your ex wife the other day.
KZ: For real?
1: Yep.
He's dying to tell me something but I won't let it get to that.
KZ: I hope she's happy. I know I am.
I went back to reading the paper.

Later that day, me and Three hung out a little more. After I dropped him off again I got a phone call from Marcy, this chick I met the night I saw the SanginDiva (I know, I didn't blog about that!). "Can I at least see you for 5 minutes before you leave?"

Five minutes turned into 45. I can say one thing without any qualms: There is really no need for us to talk again. She is almost certifiable.

As I left, I made about 12 phone calls. "Yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't see you. It was really hectic this weekend."

Goodbye, Africans. Hello Europeans.

KZ

27 comments:

Phoenix said...

FIRST! you always got something going on - drama. lol so when are you gonna bring a Saltine to the African festival?

Little Brown Girl said...

LMAO!!! Sounds like a good weekend. Not the white chick though *scratchin my head*

I wanna hear more about Marcy LOL!!

Oh and I know I owe you a hit back *wink*

layne bowden said...

Ahhh Man!

This was lame! Tell the REAL story, snookums!! Stop playin'!! (LOL)

I'm only kidding. Sounds like you had BIG fun. Me? All I did was damn near faint in the line at Wal-Mart, but that's a story for my own blog. (hehehe)

Hey!?? Have a wonderful day, You!

Peace!

Disco said...

Ace.... aka short-n-funky? And uh..... who da hell is dreamscrusher? Surely not the one with the dark/light features combo?

if so, good LAWD I KNOWWW he ain't get divorced..... **shaking my head**

1969 said...

Not the White girl at the African Festival???? Lawdy.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Yo you ARE always at a festival!
White chick at an African gathering = priceless.

::settling in for the Marcy story::

aquababie said...

did your friend have locs as well...the one that bought the yt chic?

Knockout Zed said...

@Phoenix
Not ever!!! Woman I'm not getting a beatdown

@RD
That Marcy shit was a trip! You think you have a vibe on someone and they turn out to be a fuckin' nut!

@Butta
Stop tellin' my biz!!! I gotta keep some stuff private.

@Robyn
You know my sands' Ace, aka MicroPimp.

You know Dreamcrusher, too. Remember, he was trying to date you. That African loved him some Robyn!

Dreamcrusher is the sands I almost got in a fist fight with at Bennigan's. Do you remember that story?

@1969
I couldn't believe it, but that's him. He likes to stir shit up.

@SoWise
Festivals are outdoors and free. Two things close to my cheap ass, claustrophobic heart.

The Marcy story is two blogs worth of nonsense.

@Aqua
Naw, he didn't and never would. That's some ghetto shit to him.

KZ

Newy said...

Why haven't you talked about MArcy *raised eyebrow* not that he brought white meat to a dark meat festival....wonder if SHE knew where they were going before hand....hmmmm....

Isha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isha said...

Such the popular African...so popular indeed. I think if you call everyone and tell em' you're coming, you could hook up your very own Zed Festival. Wow what a post that would be!

Mr.Slish said...

Hmm Hmm Hmm..done started some shit about Marcy...Now you gotta tell them everything...

Disco said...

no.way. Yeah, he was lovin me and I could juuuust neva get into him.... and his name is sooo apropos...... he IS the crusher of dreams! LOL A HA!!!! I can't BELIEVE he was with.....wait a minute.... yes I can. That as well is apropos. And yeah...I know who Ace is..... like I said short-n-funky....remember how I told you he put his arm around my shoulder and I almost passed out from the fumes???????

Word.

Knockout Zed said...

@Newy
Y'all don't wanna know about that! Trust.

@Isha
None of them can be in the same place at the same time. Comparing stories? I don't think so!

@Slish
My blog is about to be a mirror image of your blog. Good clean fun.

KZ

Disco said...

and YES, I remember that you almost made his momma wear a black dress..... yup...... sad but true. I thought you were talking about the other sands.... ole pretty eyes...... good to know that it wasn't him..... I'd forgotten that old Dreammy had gotten married LOL

Knockout Zed said...

@Robyn
Damn, you just called my sands "funky". I can't talk to you for the next 7 minutes.

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

@Robyn
Ol' "pretty eyes" got married two years ago. I thought you knew?

KZ

NegroPino™ said...

Do u sometimes ever wish God made 2 of u?

Disco said...

O.K., I 'll do you one better:

THAT AFRICAN STANK !!! LOL

Now.....don't talk to me for 10 mo' LOL

And I KNOW that Ole Pretty got married 2 years ago.... when I was trying to plan a wedding (pre-monkey), I saw him & his girl at a reception hall we'd just toured. They were the next to tour it. So that's why I thought that you were talking about him! I TOOOOOTALLY forgot about Dreammy....

Knockout Zed said...

@Ill NaNa
If they made two of me, one would be on a respirator in Detroit, recovering from sex exhaustion. The other would be here, taking bullshit and trying to further my career.

@Robyn
Dreamy wanted to insert his DNA into your uterus manually.

Ol' PE has been completely off the scene. I haven't seen him since his wedding day.

It's really a shame that since 2000, seven of us have gotten married. 4 of those 7 were married less than two years.

@Mack
I'm far from a Mack. That shit was an anomaly. Especially that "let me see you for 5 minutes" shit. I'd only met that chick once. I'd talked to her twice. I don't know what that was about. But she's fuckin' crazy.

I thought about that "Don't Be A Menace" shit too! And that scene from "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka".

KZ

Nika Laqui said...

Why you holdin out on us???

And I'm with Butterfli, this post sucks mad cock...*lol*

Knockout Zed said...

@Nsane
Gotdamn!!!! Nice muthafuckin' pic. I'm 'bout to call your ass for some hot ass phone nookie!!!

Anyways...I'm undertaking a new approach on the blog. I can't write about the dirt I do 'cuz it's a source of anxiety. Everything I say can and will be used against me on the 'net.

KZ

Knockout Zed said...

@All y'all
The funniest headline I've seen all day:
"Rhymes Busted"

KZ

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

don't tell me you're going all hallmark on us. that ain't fun!

Nika Laqui said...

Thanks sweetheart...

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Balls is right, and common sense must've drained off into those bad boys. Sheesh!

Miz JJ said...

Why do people always wanna tell you some drama that you don't need to hear. She's your ex for a reason you don't need to be hearing about her life.

White girl at African festival...no comment.