Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Remainder

Touchdown Sunday
I'm in the airport on Sunday about to fly home. I'm nervous as hell, talking on the phone with a friend trying to express myself, when Hal Linden walks by. That's when I realized TV was flawed. Barney Miller was one of the most underrated shows on TV. And shows today suck! Man, fuck TV!

Anyway, after I shitted my slacks flying back to Detroit, I called my boy, Three so we could go to the Ribs and Soul festival. Before we go he wants to go eat someplace else, 'cuz they rip your ass off at the festival site. Besides, I ain't goin' for the Ribs or the Soul. I'm just trying to see broads.

We stop at this Chinese restaurant downtown near my old apartment. There's this Black girl working behind the counter. I say "girl" because I thought she was 16. She was pretty, pretty enough to be a dope dealer's girlfriend. I try not to notice that type of shit if I think a girl is underage. I walk to the counter and there's this steam table with nothing on it but rice. I look at the table and look at her. "Where's the rest?" "Do you think we just 'posed ta keep errthang out alla time?" Three intervenes, "Hey, employee of the month, just answer his damn question!" I smile, because I'm about to disarm the situation. She speaks before I get the chance. "Let me drive your truck." "Hunh?" "Let me drive your truck." "What? I ain't lettin' you drive nuthin'. Do you even have a license?" "Yep." She goes to her purse to retrieve her license. Raven is apparently 19 and trying to fuck. "Can I drive if I sit on your lap?" I look at Three and he's not listening, he's looking at the menu. "I can't let you do that. Nobody drives the truck but me." She sucks her teeth and takes our orders.

The noteworthy thing about this interaction was that it reminded me of my "Detroit mindset", that mentality where I got a swagger, where I feel I'm the shit, and where that shit is recognized.

I got a bunch of pics from the Ribs and Soul fest, but none for public consumption, lest I get sued.

Black Monday
I made some promises that I would go check out my old stomping grounds in the government offices of the City of Detroit. As miserable and unappreciated as I felt when I was an employee, I genuinely missed the place. For real. I worked with some fuckin' characters, but I worked with some cool ass people too. I only got to see a few of the cool ones, but it seemed like I saw all of the weird ones. I forgot how many juicy bootied women I used to work with. I don't even know how I got shit done! Goodness gracious! Fuck! I had to talk to them like I didn't wanna bend 'em over and bite their left asscheek. That shit was fun. (To my ex co-worker who's lurking: It was good to see you Monday. Don't repeat this shit!!!)

I ran into the new Deputy Director of my old department. He had another title when I was there, he was still higher than me. But he asked me for my card and we exchanged them. He said "It's funny, we have the same title now." "Yeah, funny how that works out, hunh?" I responded. Damn devil. Everytime I saw a person that used to be higher up than I was, they wanted to know if I was trying to come back. They basically know that if that was the case, they'd have to prepare resumes on the spot. I assured them I wasn't.

I checked out Three again, since he doesn't work on Mondays, after hanging out at my old job. We went to the mall, ostensibly so I could buy some kicks, but basically so I could watch hot housewifes and underemployed floozies. "You thinking about coming back?" "I don't know. This shit's depressing. I'm pretty sure I'm moving east." "You learn your lesson yet?" "What lesson?" "Money ain't shit." "That's the lesson?" "That's the lesson, Cotton Candy."

I drove back home to Satan's Anus under cover of night, looking at deer carcasses, trying to think more pleasant thoughts.

I really shoulda got some pussy.

KZ

32 comments:

Butterfly Jones said...

*sings* "Keep, on, moving. Don't stop till the hands of time....find your own way baby...why do people choose to live their lives, this wayyyy...keep on moving, keep on moving don't stop no, keep on moving."

1InTheSame said...

There is nothing more depressing to me,than going back to my old stomping grounds and not getting any pussy !1

Little Brown Girl said...

I want to say "interesting" ...its literally on the tip of my tongue, but I believe Blah has that word trademarked so I'll just go with this...

*mute*

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i knew it i knew i knew it you fell in love with that east coast thing, and you're ready to shed your midwest roots!

change is the only thing in life 100% inevitable, so go forth and prosper young man!

Knockout Zed said...

@BJ
I needed that "Funky Dreds" interlude. I gotta stop looking in that rearview mirror.

@1 in
The part I left out is I made the calls and decided I didn't wanna do it. Something is fuckin' wrong with me, man!

@RD
Go ahead. Say it. What is it?

@Miss Ahmad
I want the opportunity to be in an atmosphere with educated, ambitious people. I miss that shit. The BBQ certainly stoked that fire again.

KZ

chele said...

Yeah, you really should have gotten you some. It sounds like every outing is for the sole purpose of looking but not touching.

Interesting. (sorry blah)

Little Brown Girl said...

...funny, for the first time in a long time words actually escape me.

But I will say that the East Coast is cool, you'd do well here...well if you can deal with all the fukin traffic.

Oh and there are, of course, plenty of deer!!!!

Newy said...

I'm with Ms. Ahmad on this ~ You sheding the midwest for the east coast...dare I say a little south of the Mason-Dixon ;o)
Newy

onefromphilly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
onefromphilly said...

Zed you are hilarious! It's does feel good to go back to the old job and show them how happy you are that you left that place. Words I live by "Success is the best revenge". So you fell in love with our East Coast attitude?

Blah Blah Blah said...

My new words is...

Fascinating.

So Chele & RD...use interesting at your leisure...LOL

Zed:....... Fascinating!
Oh, and whoever that was...sounds just like you! Don't do that shit again.

Honest said...

Do like my lil' bro. Move to Cali get a job and "find" yourself

nikki said...

when you look at women, do you smell their pussy first? i ask because you seem to be on the prowl like 99% of the time. LOL

and that can't be, when you masturbate so much (man, your hand is SOOOO lucky!)

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

this all sounds fine and dandy except all i really hear is that you're moving farther and farther away from me...

i dunno if i'm in full support of this east coast thing, although i'm sure it's enticing!

Knockout Zed said...

@Chele
I'm kinda resigned to saying "fuck it". Charlize Theron was getting ready to go out of the country on tour (she's a singer) so no haps. I was looking for something stringless.

@RD
As my boy Three would say "I'm built for that shit." I think I'd do well on the Eastern seaboard.

That otha deer had better be fuckin' exceptional to replace the one I got in mind.

@Newy
Southeast may be an option. Who knows. But it's either that flag or me.

@CG
I got these grimy ass credentials, so I think I can survive anywhere. If I come, the gig better be paying swell!

@Onefrom
Amongst the management it was like the playahaters ball. Fuck them.

@Blah
That dude thinks your sexy as hell.

KZ

aquababie said...

well it sounds like you're ready to make that move. get to shaking your ass and make it happen.

Newy said...

Not that far souf man....I'm thinking Maryland....quiet as it kept, you know me and Single Mom are real cool and I am trying to move back home. I had planned on scoping out job mkt back in July when I was supposed to go up...that is why the pneumonia was really a bummer :o(

The one drawback is the cost of living is so daggone high up there.

Knockout Zed said...

@Honest
If I move to Cali, it'll be further down the road.

@Nikki
I try to smell their pussy first!

I am usually always on the prowl, but I'm doing a little better. I masterbate too much. It's actually been a two week sabbatical for the Righthander.

@Miss Ahmad
You don't mind flying, right?

@Aqua
I'm trying, woman.

@Newy
I'm looking as far south as North Carolina, that's it. I hope you find something.

KZ

Nika Laqui said...

I love the flickr pics...
Royce is so beautiful...I love her hair...

Slish and Barney in love, its a beautiful thang!!!

Mr.Slish said...

Okay where in this post did My boy say he was moving to the east coast.. Now I have to go read this shit again.

Btw if the head lights from a car shines to brightly on a deer.What eventually happens? I'll tell you. The deer runs away or gets hit by the car and dies..lol

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

no dead deer stories slish. bambi makes me cry!

and umm KZ no fear of flying over here, but don't forget how incredibly awesome the west coast is while you're looking for new hunting ground!

nikki said...

someone tell royce to update her blog please. LOL

Rashan Jamal said...

I hate when I can't tell who old a girl is. I saw that a lot this weekend. From afar she looked like a grown women, but when you get up close, they still look like they in high school.

Little Brown Girl said...

@KZ...exceptional deer? Wow she sounds hella interesting

@Nsane...Awwwwwwwwwww thanks for the compliment chica!!

@Slish...all this dayum deer talk is makingm e wanna watch Bambi

@Nikki...I'm packing (on a lunch break LOL!), getting ready for my journey to the ATL tomorrow morning. I'm sad too...I wonder if Home will miss me as much as I'll miss it? Anyways promise to finish the story as soon as I am settled in the new spot.

BZ said...

You are a hot mess! HAHAHAHA I'm a "hot housewife" or "cheap floozie" when I'm at the mall on Fridays (since I don't work on Fridays).

@ Miss Ahmad & KZ: That is exactly why I moved back to Boston! Hampton Roads area of VA is for the f*ckin birds (read: complacent / lazy mofos).

Blah Blah Blah said...

Did RD just say "Hella"?
I thought only us Cali ppl used that.

Zed: He thinks I'm sexy? Hell, he probably heard something that was meant for you... Prolly thought I was flirting and whatnot...
Like I said...don't do it again...lol

Knockout Zed said...

@RD
Hella interesting indeed. Nurturing too.

@BZ
If you were in Michigan, I'd woulda prolly holla'd at ya at the mall. I'm fuckin' relentless.

@Blah
Him: "Damn African, she sounds sexy as fuck."
Me: "She is. She ain't fuckin' you though."
Him: "Why not?"
Me: "You're too much like me."

KZ

i like liquor and tv said...

1. You always at a festival

2. You tryna holla at chinese chicks now? lol

Chubby Chocolate said...

Butterfly said it best.

Organized Noise said...

In the old stompin' grounds in search of pussy. Reminds me of homecoming weekend down in Baltimore. October can't get here soon enough.

ChezNiki said...

That's how I feel when I return to Boston from home...

(Disbelief)
1. Sh*t! I cant believe Im back in Boston!

(Regret)
2. Sh*t! I cant believe I didnt get laid in New York!

(Hope)
3. Maybe when I go down next month for _________ (fill in the blank with the following month's event), I can get some...

I also lost my Swagger on the MassPike (I-90) sometime in 1999, but its returning slowly now that I go home regularly...I dont have that Deer problem, though...youre on your own with that one! LOL

Well if you do come East, Welcome. However, make sure you move somewhere South of Providence

Angel said...

ol' girl came out her mouth with "i'll sit in your lap???????"
*closes post and runs*